It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6415
At Citizens Bank Park
Game time: 7:05PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Gerrit Cole (6-7, 4.51 ERA)
PHI: Ben Lively (1-3, 3.72 ERA)

Quote:
Gerrit Cole's 2017 season hasn't quite gone as planned. His ERA (4.51) is about three-quarters of a run higher than his previous worst for a season (3.88 in 2016) and is on pace for a career-high in walks.

Cole will look to regain his form Wednesday when he faces the Pirates at Citizens Bank Park.

The Phillies' starter, right-hander Ben Lively (1-3, 3.72 ERA) hasn't faced the Pirates. But Cole has seen the Phillies six times and despite a 3-3 record in those games, holds a 3.45 ERA. It was not until his last outing against Philadelphia on Sept. 12, 2016, that Cole allowed over three runs.

Things to know

• Starling Marte will make his third rehab start on Wednesday, the first with Triple-A Indianapolis. Marte went 1-for-6 in his first two games with Class A Bradenton. He is eligible to be reinstated after his 80-game performance enhancing drug suspension on July 18.

• Jordy Mercer is hitting .340 (34-for-100) against the National League East this season. In those games, the Pirates are 13-9.

• Andrew McCutchen hit two homers against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday. The first, a solo shot to left field off reliever Luis Garcia to lead off the sixth inning, had an exit velocity of 108.2 mph and traveled 381 feet. It was McCutchen's hardest-hit home run of the season, and fourth-hardest-hit homer since Statcast was introduced in 2015. His second homer of the game was another solo shot to left in the eighth, off Ricardo Pinto. It had an exit velocity of 108.1 mph and went 422 feet.


http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201707042 ... _pk=491373

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 8759
how u trade cutch now when he only one performing worth a shit..dudes still in prime..in all seriousness I believe id trade polancos candy ass instead and get more for him! dudes a big dud..
just a thought anyhow..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5704
bam morris wrote:
how u trade cutch now when he only one performing worth a shit..dudes still in prime..in all seriousness I believe id trade polancos candy ass instead and get more for him! dudes a big dud..
just a thought anyhow..

I'd trade the fraud Marte.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1078
I'd look at the trade deadline solely on what can be done to compete for the division for 2018. I don't see how trading Cutch would make the team better next year. My gut tells me his return to form will stick for next season. Although long term it probably makes sense to go get value for him, subtracting him would make their chances to contend in 2018 much less likely. This year has been a shitty season for the Bucs. But there is enough there for me to think this team can contend next season. Taillon is flashing legit ace stuff. I think Cole has pitched better than his numbers. I expect his numbers to improve. A Taillon/Cole 1-2 punch might be best in the division as the Cubs and Cards aces are showing their mileage now. Bell looks like a real middle of the order threat. He should be even better next year. I expect Polanco to bounce back. And having Marte (provided his offense wasn't goosed too much by PEDs) would give them adequate lineup. I don't think Kang will ever play in the US again. So no help there. Jhay and Mercer are having really good seasons but in all likelihood they will regress some (possibly a lot) next year. So personally I wouldn't be selling off a bunch of stuff at the deadline this year. But I would like to see them get something for Jaso. And anyone in the bullpen other than Rivero should be given away to anyone that wants them. Then I think you are set up to make a run next year if they add 1 legit solid starting pitcher and 1 good reliever. They won't do that because they have no balls and won't part with the pennies. But there is still enough talent here that it would be sensible to load up for next year instead of tearing it down.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 8759
whats deal with kang situation? is he breaking rocks in Korean prison rest of his life? I get he has issue but what the fuck? seems his shit has cost him enough already..take his licence and a few weekends in jail out to be enough along with fines.. whos holding up his case to be here? korea or usa?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3424
SteelPro wrote:
I'd look at the trade deadline solely on what can be done to compete for the division for 2018. I don't see how trading Cutch would make the team better next year. My gut tells me his return to form will stick for next season. Although long term it probably makes sense to go get value for him, subtracting him would make their chances to contend in 2018 much less likely. This year has been a shitty season for the Bucs. But there is enough there for me to think this team can contend next season. Taillon is flashing legit ace stuff. I think Cole has pitched better than his numbers. I expect his numbers to improve. A Taillon/Cole 1-2 punch might be best in the division as the Cubs and Cards aces are showing their mileage now. Bell looks like a real middle of the order threat. He should be even better next year. I expect Polanco to bounce back. And having Marte (provided his offense wasn't goosed too much by PEDs) would give them adequate lineup. I don't think Kang will ever play in the US again. So no help there. Jhay and Mercer are having really good seasons but in all likelihood they will regress some (possibly a lot) next year. So personally I wouldn't be selling off a bunch of stuff at the deadline this year. But I would like to see them get something for Jaso. And anyone in the bullpen other than Rivero should be given away to anyone that wants them. Then I think you are set up to make a run next year if they add 1 legit solid starting pitcher and 1 good reliever. They won't do that because they have no balls and won't part with the pennies. But there is still enough talent here that it would be sensible to load up for next year instead of tearing it down.

If they don't trade Cutch then they would have to sign him long term or he walks after next year - correct? He is as good as gone just like Cole will go next year. The life of a Pirates fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 8759
Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
I'd look at the trade deadline solely on what can be done to compete for the division for 2018. I don't see how trading Cutch would make the team better next year. My gut tells me his return to form will stick for next season. Although long term it probably makes sense to go get value for him, subtracting him would make their chances to contend in 2018 much less likely. This year has been a shitty season for the Bucs. But there is enough there for me to think this team can contend next season. Taillon is flashing legit ace stuff. I think Cole has pitched better than his numbers. I expect his numbers to improve. A Taillon/Cole 1-2 punch might be best in the division as the Cubs and Cards aces are showing their mileage now. Bell looks like a real middle of the order threat. He should be even better next year. I expect Polanco to bounce back. And having Marte (provided his offense wasn't goosed too much by PEDs) would give them adequate lineup. I don't think Kang will ever play in the US again. So no help there. Jhay and Mercer are having really good seasons but in all likelihood they will regress some (possibly a lot) next year. So personally I wouldn't be selling off a bunch of stuff at the deadline this year. But I would like to see them get something for Jaso. And anyone in the bullpen other than Rivero should be given away to anyone that wants them. Then I think you are set up to make a run next year if they add 1 legit solid starting pitcher and 1 good reliever. They won't do that because they have no balls and won't part with the pennies. But there is still enough talent here that it would be sensible to load up for next year instead of tearing it down.

If they don't trade Cutch then they would have to sign him long term or he walks after next year - correct? He is as good as gone just like Cole will go next year. The life of a Pirates fan.

they could pay the man! or men...crazy idea I know.. ;) cutch is making himself tens of millions last few months! cole could shit on the mound and roll in it next week and get a huge deal..what I think sucks most is as rest of u know the bucs will trade these guys! and other guys and its not a move that improves the team; it helps the financial flexability and that's all they care about. they have no intention on paying cutch anymore or cole. they have no intention on spending cutches money any more then they spent franco larianos money they got by giving away prospects to unload him... smoke and mirrors owner playing the old bait and switch!! I wish the bastard would make a racial slur so he was ordered to sell team by mlb.. our only hope..i think the losing will be back every year again. the grand ball park will turn older and this clown will make demands for new shit and upgrades...then take team to Nashville or salt lake city and say fu Pittsburgh..hes a piece of shit!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1078
Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
I'd look at the trade deadline solely on what can be done to compete for the division for 2018. I don't see how trading Cutch would make the team better next year. My gut tells me his return to form will stick for next season. Although long term it probably makes sense to go get value for him, subtracting him would make their chances to contend in 2018 much less likely. This year has been a shitty season for the Bucs. But there is enough there for me to think this team can contend next season. Taillon is flashing legit ace stuff. I think Cole has pitched better than his numbers. I expect his numbers to improve. A Taillon/Cole 1-2 punch might be best in the division as the Cubs and Cards aces are showing their mileage now. Bell looks like a real middle of the order threat. He should be even better next year. I expect Polanco to bounce back. And having Marte (provided his offense wasn't goosed too much by PEDs) would give them adequate lineup. I don't think Kang will ever play in the US again. So no help there. Jhay and Mercer are having really good seasons but in all likelihood they will regress some (possibly a lot) next year. So personally I wouldn't be selling off a bunch of stuff at the deadline this year. But I would like to see them get something for Jaso. And anyone in the bullpen other than Rivero should be given away to anyone that wants them. Then I think you are set up to make a run next year if they add 1 legit solid starting pitcher and 1 good reliever. They won't do that because they have no balls and won't part with the pennies. But there is still enough talent here that it would be sensible to load up for next year instead of tearing it down.

If they don't trade Cutch then they would have to sign him long term or he walks after next year - correct? He is as good as gone just like Cole will go next year. The life of a Pirates fan.


So what if he is a good as gone after next year? This front office needs to prioritize the present a little more and the future a little less. The franchise won't be destroyed if Cutch walks after 2018 any more than they would if they deal him for three prospects that might produce one decent major league player.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game 85: Pirates at Phillies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6415
We had 'em all the way!

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group