It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Game 89: Pirates at Cubs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:01 pm 

2 out of 3 at Wrigley. Crushed the Cubbies today by the score of 14-3. Took out Arrieta yesterday and Lester today. Pretty good way to go into the break. Nova and Taillon a good one-two punch in the starting rotation. Hopefully Marte will be back without the dumbfuckedness. Hope springs eternal.

We had 'em all the way!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:38 am 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
this division there for the taking if these dudes can get their shit together! they are as good as anyone else in division if they can perform more consistently.

Dude...say Milwaukee goes .500 the rest of the way.

The Pirates would have to go 55-22 to overtake them. That ain't happening.

Even if Milwaukee went 30-42 the rest of the way, the Pirates would have to go 49-28.

Division is NOT "within reach" if the Pirates get their shit together, unless Milwaukee tanks, and Chicago and St. Louis fail to do anything other than keep muddling along.

holy shit that's bad math. But you explain it so confidently and matter of factly. You must be a very well versed bullshitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm 

Would like to add my thanks to other people's, JL58, for keeping the game threads going. They are always read and appreciated by me and others, even when the comments run dry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 pm 

R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
this division there for the taking if these dudes can get their shit together! they are as good as anyone else in division if they can perform more consistently.

Dude...say Milwaukee goes .500 the rest of the way.

The Pirates would have to go 55-22 to overtake them. That ain't happening.

Even if Milwaukee went 30-42 the rest of the way, the Pirates would have to go 49-28.

Division is NOT "within reach" if the Pirates get their shit together, unless Milwaukee tanks, and Chicago and St. Louis fail to do anything other than keep muddling along.

holy shit that's bad math. But you explain it so confidently and matter of factly. You must be a very well versed bullshitter

No- just my level of confidence remains undiminished from my younger days, even as my cognitive functions have deteriorated.

Already had a mea culpa a few posts back.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:03 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
Would like to add my thanks to other people's, JL58, for keeping the game threads going. They are always read and appreciated by me and others, even when the comments run dry.

ditto!!!
ill keep the faith till its over officially. oh I will bitch I'm sure but so be it.. :P
wouldn't a 7 game win streak vs cards and brewers opening the 2nd half make it interesting! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:22 am 

Steel Drummer wrote:

I second this thx Jack!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:55 am 

Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated! As I said in another thread, the Bucs are my first sports love going back to when Clemente, Alou and Stargell were in the outfield at Forbes. I will definitely bitch, too, as you all know too well, but I will never completely turn my back on the Pirates either. Here's to a great second half of baseball. Beat 'em Bucs! Or #GONUTTINGSWALLET! Whatever you prefer.