Post subject: Game 94: Pirates vs. Brewers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 am 

At PNC Park
Game time: 7:05PM ET
Probable starters:
MIL: Junior Guerra (1-3, 4.78 ERA)
PIT: Ivan Nova (9-6, 3.21 ERA)

Quote:
Starling Marte hasn't played for the Pirates since April 12 due to an 80-game suspension following a positive test for a performing-enhancing substance, but he is expected to return Tuesday, when right-hander Ivan Nova faces off against the National League Central-leading Brewers and Junior Guerra.

Marte, who was slashing .241/.288/.370 with two home runs in the 13 games before the suspension, is expected to start in left field against Milwaukee. During a 12-game rehab assignment between Class A Advanced Bradenton and Triple-A Indianapolis, Marte hit .304/.360/.391 (14-for-46) with a home run, three RBIs and four stolen bases. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said Marte showed everything he needed to show during those games.

"I just feel great to be back. Playing left field is something I'm very comfortable with," said Marte, who opened the season as the Pirates' starting center fielder. "I'm just excited to be back. I'm excited to play some baseball.

"Tomorrow when I put on that uniform, I want to represent this team. I don't want to be a distraction anymore. I want to honor and respect this organization the way it deserves."

Guerra will also be making his return to the Brewers, even though he didn't miss a scheduled start because of the All-Star break. The Brewers placed him on the 10-day disabled list after he was struck on the right shin by a line drive in his last start against the Yankees on July 8. He hasn't completed more than four innings in any of his last three starts.

Nova, meanwhile, has completed at least six innings in 17 of his 18 starts this season. He has made one start against the Brewers this season, allowing four runs on 11 hits over seven innings on June 22 at Miller Park.

Things to know about this game

• Of the 10 home runs Nova has allowed over his past seven outings, four have been on pitches Statcast tracked as out of the strike zone. Only four other Major League pitchers have allowed at least four homers on chased pitches this season.

• Brewers center fielder Keon Broxton is expected to return to the lineup after taking a scheduled off-day on Monday. Broxton is hitting .073/.191/.146 over his last 14 games.

• Pirates left fielder Gregory Polanco will look to continue his success in July, having reached safely in all 13 of his starts this month.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201707172 ... _pk=491498

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

Post subject: Re: Game 94: Pirates vs. Brewers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm 

Well, at least Marte, unlike Martavis Bryant, seems to have been humbled by his experience...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 pm 

bad 3rd.. :x .marte juiced and batting 241...hmm how is he clean? :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:11 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Well, at least Marte, unlike Martavis Bryant, seems to have been humbled by his experience...

probably cause martavious is a dumb ass entitled home grown American.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:31 pm 

junior is completely dominating pirate hitters tonight..need to get into thier pen for a chance!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 pm 

jhay gets off!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 pm 

winner winner chicken dinner!! playing well!! I love rivero!! 5 outta lead.. only 2 under 500..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm 

Really nice, entertaining baseball right now this Buccos team is playing. Staying in games, not giving too much away, another hero each night ---

Keep it up, boys! Keep the heat on Milwaukee, Nutting and Jeemie (kidding Jeems! :lol: )

Beat em Bucs!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:25 pm 

We had 'em all the way!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 am 

franco>madden wrote:
Really nice, entertaining baseball right now this Buccos team is playing. Staying in games, not giving too much away, another hero each night ---

Keep it up, boys! Keep the heat on Milwaukee, Nutting and Jeemie (kidding Jeems! :lol: )

Beat em Bucs!!

I can't find any real fault in the way they played yesterday.

I must be slipping.

:D

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"