It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington and Buccos at the trade deeadline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
All a moot point because the Cubs are going to be able to acquire a much better caliber player with a huge contract which we wouldn't be able to afford.

Why would they not be able to afford it. Bob Nutting has money oozing out of his asshole. There is no cap. Not being able to afford, and not wanting to pay are two different things.

100 percent correct..furthermore there no law your mlb team has to turn any profit.. u can actually lose money! fuck the owner.. if they trade rivero or anyone I'm pissed! upgrade the team asshole!
this division is more winnable then it has been in years..may as well be bucs who try!
theres way to much ball to play to concede champions. dodgers may faulter with injuries. nats too.. a hot team going into tourney can with it all..why cant pirates be the hot team in late September?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 pm 

Cubs don't have any mojo this year. They are still celebrating the WS win in their heads. They will continue to be inconsistent no matter who they add. Fuck the NUT man. I have no faith he'll do a damn thing. None!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:33 pm 

R S wrote:
Cubs don't have any mojo this year. They are still celebrating the WS win in their heads. They will continue to be inconsistent no matter who they add. Fuck the NUT man. I have no faith he'll do a damn thing. None!

only good thing about the nut is he is very good at staying financially flexable..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:03 am 

Gents, my 2 cents. Nutting only wants to win at his deeply discounted price. I imagine that he sleeps on a specially designed cash padded mattress some of you bought for him, resting peacefully each night dreaming thoughts of his next scam/promotion that will remove some more fleece from the sheep. I think Nutting delights in doing his life’s work – parting money from those who only temporarily hold onto it.

I think Nutting was counting on the Cubs rolling the NL Central this year -- his excuse for keeping financial flexibility available for 2018 and beyond, you know. This July run by the Bucs actually may ruin his short-run plans to dump Cutch/Cole/fill-in-the-blank. That doesn't mean he's going to repent and open up that wallet. I expect a minor deal or two for a relief pitcher or two, if that.

As for Neal the shill, he won't squeal. He's well paid to say what he's told to say, much like the other shills on TV. Neal is a co conspirator benefiting from Nutting's reputation. When NH wins he's a genius overcoming all odds. When NH loses it's because he wasn't competing on a level playing field. NH is like a bench player who flashes brilliance for a few weeks. He makes you think he's an every day all star until he gets exposed. I don't think NH wants to get exposed by working elsewhere for a real owner because then NH would own that failure. Better that he just remain grateful to ply his trade, such as it is, for the Nut.

BTW, what message will be driven home should the Pirates somehow navigate these treacherous waters well enough to win this watered down division – you guessed it – you don’t have to spend $ to win. That will license even more financial inflexibility going forward. No gents enjoy version 2.0 of the Montreal Expos before they moved to DC. Maybe some year they can have their 1994 and hope a strike doesn't ruin it before they win their title.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:24 am 

well put bling..sad but true..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:53 am 

would love to see us add another JA Happ/Marlon Byrd type guys this year - no reason to give away top players/prospects for a couple pieces -

I highly doubt we become a seller this year, though it was possibly looking that way only a few weeks ago.

Post subject: Re: Neal Huntington and Buccos at the trade deadline
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:28 am 

Great stuff, gents.

Marte not being available for the postseason really fucks things up in my mind, even if you add big time pieces at 3B and pitcher. With those pieces and Marte I think they could legit contend. Without Marte I just don't see it.

Regardless I will enjoy the run. And yes, Bling, I will attend games while The Nut fleeces me and sleeps like a baby on his mattress made of money.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:31 pm 

Devil's advocate article...the trade deadline is overrated anyway.

Of all the trades Neal has made, only Hall and Nova panned out to the tune of around 2 WAR added.

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/8171-2/

Going for value relievers is the Pirates' best shot, IMO.

Kang being a fuck up really killed this team's chances this year.

Trade deadline deal isn't out there that will turn the team into an October world beater.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Devil's advocate article...the trade deadline is overrated anyway.

Of all the trades Neal has made, only Hall and Nova panned out to the tune of around 2 WAR added.

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/8171-2/

Going for value relievers is the Pirates' best shot, IMO.

Kang being a fuck up really killed this team's chances this year.

Trade deadline deal isn't out there that will turn the team into an October world beater.

Bob Nutting approves this message... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:53 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
All a moot point because the Cubs are going to be able to acquire a much better caliber player with a huge contract which we wouldn't be able to afford.

Why would they not be able to afford it. Bob Nutting has money oozing out of his asshole. There is no cap. Not being able to afford, and not wanting to pay are two different things.

You know the numbers? You've seen the P&L? Please share.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next