Post subject: Game 108: Pirates vs. Reds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 am 

At PNC Park
Game time: 7:05PM ET
Probable starters:
CIN: Sal Romano (2-2, 4.57 ERA)
PIT: Chad Kuhl (4-4, 4.53 ERA)

Quote:
Pirates manager Clint Hurdle believes there is plenty of upside to having a young rotation, especially when that rotation continues to show long-term potential.

Undergoing their first full seasons in the Major Leagues, Jameson Taillon started against the Reds in the series opener on Tuesday and Trevor Williams pitched on Wednesday, both Pirates losses. Right-hander Chad Kuhl will be the next young starter to pitch against Cincinnati on Thursday at PNC Park, and he'll look to prevent the Reds from earning a sweep and their ninth win in 10 games vs. the Bucs this season. Rookie right-hander Sal Romano will start for Cincinnati, which is going for a fourth straight victory.

"We've got [young starters] up here right now that are, for me, giving you things to look forward to in the future," Hurdle said. "There's definitely hidden nuggets from my perspective watching them grow, because there is nothing better than to grow up your own guys within your own rotation. "

All three have gone through growing pains, but Kuhl has experienced more highs than lows lately, posting a 3.25 ERA and earning two quality outings in July. He had a 5.58 ERA and pitched through six innings only twice in 15 starts before July. Kuhl held the Padres to two runs over 5 1/3 innings, but issued five walks, in his previous start.

Romano has also struggled pitching deep into games, completing six innings only once in five starts. He allowed two unearned runs in 3 2/3 innings on Friday against the Marlins, but he walked six batters.

Things to know about this game

• Romano owns three of the five lowest single-game strike rates among Reds starters (minimum 75 pitches). That includes a 52.6-percent mark in his last outing, when he struggled with walks.

• Pirates second baseman Josh Harrison could return to the lineup on Thursday after sitting the last two games with lower left leg discomfort, although he grounded out in a seventh-inning pinch-hit appearance Wednesday. The Cincinnati native is hitting .348 with a double and three home runs in seven games against the Reds this season.

• Tim Adleman, who was removed from the Reds' rotation on Wednesday, will be available as a long reliever. Adleman allowed 11 runs in 10 1/3 innings over his last two starts.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201708022 ... _pk=491713

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

Post subject: Re: Game 108: Pirates vs. Reds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:44 am 

Anyone actually paying their hard-earned cash to see this pathetic excuse for a major league baseball team needs professional help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:49 am 

rebuilding since 93....our big pickup from phils gives up bomb ..but bucs made cash on him so its all good..i wish the fans would throw a protest outside the park..instead of going in pnc at all the whole crowd protest
with signs outside bashing the owner until said game ends. be awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm 

I've been in Pittsburgh for a family emergency for the past few weeks... I can't figure out why anyone in town is still talking Pirates. They're terrible. They have maybe 4-5 good players, a couple of decent bench guys, 2-3 decent pitchers and a whole lot of hot garbage. Just since I've been in town, they have started multiple games with John Jaso, Max Moroff, Jordan Lupow, and Adam Frazier in the lineup. #winning #unwatchable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:35 pm 

I think Neal Huntington just lacks balls. Either raise or fold. Continuing to sit at the table against players that have better hands is going to bleed you slowly. Very poor handling of the trade deadline this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:21 pm 

nutting dumps cutch soon he can move further down the list that matters to him most...
http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

nice change to have a lead tonight..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:49 pm 

bam morris wrote:
nutting dumps cutch soon he can move further down the list that matters to him most...
http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

nice change to have a lead tonight..

Take a look at where FuckNutsing ranks amongst owners wealth. To be sure, it's not 25th. Asshole's a billionaire...richer than the owners(plural) of the large market Cubs.
Dude's a shrewd and successful businessman...terrible professional sports owner...one hell of a businessman!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:58 pm 

yes...exactly...ruthless cheap bastard..bucs cant compete with Detroit? twins? Miami? Baltimore? kc? payroll wise.
.give me a break..bucs were 3 out..cheap ass couldn't ad one piece to the team to help? even a token hes trying to win...fuck his sorry ass. hes a disgraceful owner. these teams become more valuable as time goes on..this asshole has already made tens of millions from his purchase price..why give a rats ass over a couple million if u are competing for titles that enhance value.. dude acts like every single transaction each day must be profitable. books must show profit every turn. hes a prick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:30 pm 

My company bought everyone seats in section 107 for tonight's game. Gonna be honest, if you would have asked me the score of the game at any point in the 4 innings I stayed, I would had no idea.

One of my best friends from high school is a higher level scout and offered me box seats whenever I want them. Have yet to take him up on that offer after 3 years.

That said, still a fun place to watch an occasional game. Beer is cold, scenery is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:45 am 

We had 'em all the way!