It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Penguins!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP for Riley Sheahan has been reported for some time now, apparently it's only a matter of time. At this point any kind of asset is worth it

Yup, a rumor that has legs still.

I see they sent Sprong back to WBS in the cut down. I knew he wasn't having a good camp but I figured he would be there at the end. I guess he still isn't ready.

That's not a bad thing for Sprong though. This is his real first taste of professional hockey. Jake had a similar path last year and things turned out great. My guess is he starts in the A then gets a couple games while the injury bug hits (like it always does). He'll get send back down and then eventually he'll get recalled for the stretch run

Sprong made the big club two years ago and was up for 9-10 games. I thought he was a lock to make it this year but he has to play so I get that they want him to get more seasoning and minutes that he might not get with the big club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 pm 

Well we can argue whether Sprong should've been up or not. With the shitshow HCMJ was running, Sprong was scratched most nights and then the games he did play he was on the 4th line. Moronic that they burned his first year like they did but here we are.

Pens have been successful developing wingers lately (how weird is it to type that?), so I'm going to trust them with Sprong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:28 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Well we can argue whether Sprong should've been up or not. With the shitshow HCMJ was running, Sprong was scratched most nights and then the games he did play he was on the 4th line. Moronic that they burned his first year like they did but here we are.

Pens have been successful developing wingers lately (how weird is it to type that?), so I'm going to trust them with Sprong

That’s all you can do is trust them considering their recent success: