steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Pens vs Jets 10-29-17
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9419
Page 1 of 2

Author:  fractalsteel [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Here we go again, back to back.

Penguins projected lineup

Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Conor Sheary

Bryan Rust -- Evgeni Malkin -- Phil Kessel

Carl Hagelin -- Riley Sheahan -- Patric Hornqvist

Tom Kuhnhackl -- Greg McKegg -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang

Olli Maatta -- Chad Ruhwedel

Ian Cole -- Zach Trotman

Casey Desmith

Matt Murray

Scratched: Josh Archibald, Frank Corrado

Injured: Matt Hunwick (concussion), Carter Rowney (hand), Justin Schultz (concussion)

Author:  Orangesteel [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Pens look like fucking shit.

I’d bench Malkin.

The whole team isn’t skating. Don’t look like they care.

Author:  Orangesteel [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Damn. DeSmith gives up his first shot.

Author:  fractalsteel [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Orangesteel wrote:
Pens look like fucking shit.

I’d bench Malkin.

The whole team isn’t skating. Don’t look like they care.


Malkin played fine until he missed on the golden opportunity. After that he wilted.
Is Crosby playing?
Letang has been garbage and our 3rd or 4th best D man so far this year.

If you want to see a lesson on piss poor puck protection this is the game for it.

Love to see Sullivan's reaction b/n periods.

Author:  swissvale72 [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Holy Christ....I had to tune off when it was 2-0, just tuned back in. What the fuck happened?

Author:  fractalsteel [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Sloppy with the puck. Didn't have good spacing zone to zone. Lost a ton of battles on the board and they were careless along their blue line(Malkin) that led to two goals maybe three.

They can't reach their opponents compete level for whatever reason on the second of back to back.

If this were an aberration(to start the year) on the second of back to back I would give some blame to Sullivan for the broad line changes tonight. Yet, he stated that the team had to be better 5 on 5 the past two days so the team knew it was coming.

Not sweating but this failure on the second of back to back games is becoming very worrisome.

Author:  swissvale72 [ Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

I think Pens wanted to make sure we weren't tempted to split the screen tonight.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

swissvale72 wrote:
Holy Christ....I had to tune off when it was 2-0, just tuned back in. What the fuck happened?


Everyone fucked up and I mean EVERYONE. Horrendous coverage, slowfootedness (Maata look like he grabbed a time machine back to 2015 with his skating).

The 5 on 5 play has been brutal- Ithink they stand last in the league. Can you fucking believe THAT stat?
They've been saved by a great PP and some good goaltending performances

Author:  Suwanee88 [ Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Donnie Brasco wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Holy Christ....I had to tune off when it was 2-0, just tuned back in. What the fuck happened?


Everyone fucked up and I mean EVERYONE. Horrendous coverage, slowfootedness (Maata look like he grabbed a time machine back to 2015 with his skating).

The 5 on 5 play has been brutal- Ithink they stand last in the league. Can you fucking believe THAT stat?
They've been saved by a great PP and some good goaltending performances

Folks keep talking 3rd line C needs......DEFENSE.....hoping Tanger comes back to life

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Jets 10-29-17

Suwanee88 wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Holy Christ....I had to tune off when it was 2-0, just tuned back in. What the fuck happened?


Everyone fucked up and I mean EVERYONE. Horrendous coverage, slowfootedness (Maata look like he grabbed a time machine back to 2015 with his skating).

The 5 on 5 play has been brutal- Ithink they stand last in the league. Can you fucking believe THAT stat?
They've been saved by a great PP and some good goaltending performances

Folks keep talking 3rd line C needs......DEFENSE.....hoping Tanger comes back to life


I think Sheahan is fine and fills the role we need him to. Just seems that there is zero line chemistry going on plus as you said the D is a mess. 1/3 of the starters are out with injuries

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/