It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Canes 12-29-17
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 pm 

rarely beat anyone comfortably.. lucky for ties and shoot out W

maybe we need to fire sully and light a fire! lol :lol: .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm 

Great game pens!

This team is fucking maddening to watch right now. Jesus H. Christ. We need such an infusion of talent it’s actually comical at this point given our stars are now dogging it up and down the ice.

Time to fucking roll, Sully.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:30 pm 

said I wont freak out till at least late January.. thats fast approaching and pens are slogging thru the muck..
.. don't know hockey like most on here and don't know the awnsers but I hope sully does..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:08 pm 

It has been 28 days, 4 weeks since the Pens won back to back.
I don't get how some people aren't worried. Doesn't look to me like they can sustain any level of excellence this year.

The worst part about last night was that the Birdies wasted a very good goaltender performance. The kind that steals you a point or two if you can get more than one past an average tender.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:51 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
I don't get how some people aren't worried. Doesn't look to me like they can sustain any level of excellence this year.

The worst part about last night was that the Birdies wasted a very good goaltender performance. The kind that steals you a point or two if you can get more than one past an average tender.

I think we all concerned..but we used to the rabbit being pulled outta hat when needed! hopefully sully has his hand on the rabbit!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:07 pm 

bam morris wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

I think we all concerned..but we used to the rabbit being pulled outta hat when needed! hopefully sully has his hand on the rabbit!!

Sully hasn't been great this year but I think his talents lay down the road in the playoffs. He has the ability to diagnosis a series, make adjustments and gets his team in the best position possible as a series moves on.
That said, I blame a lot of this on the players.

Either Crosby is hurt or he is tired or taking shifts off. The past two weeks he has flashed on occasion but he hasn't been close to what he is capable of over that time.
Murray has been a shadow of himself as well. He looks like his confidence is shot. He isn't battling like he normally does. Too many soft goals going through him right now. Thankfully Jarry looks like he can carry the team a bit.

Instead of Sully making the moves to right this I believe that it is going to come down to Rutherford to shake things up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:46 am 

in all seriousness..maybe sid is getting old? hes not human old but lord hes played the hockey min of gordy howe it seems over his now long career.. Olympics-/preseasons/ long seasons' /playoffs/ worlds// practice!!! sid the kid no more!
maybe he can turn on in playoffs and big moments and regular season doesn't rev his motor much. I could understand this with all his big games. maybe hes just burnt out. hell ; if I had his success and cash id prob retire myself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:19 pm 

Sid needs to sack up. I kinda feel like he got concussed against the Islanders a few weeks ago. He started to put effort into the season for about 2 weeks before that, but after, he sucked huge donkey dick. The team goes as its stars go, as no one else is reliable on the bottom 6. Shake. the. Team. Up.