It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: More Stevo Poulin highlights (kid wrasslin' phenom)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:30 pm 

A Tribute to Ty: From Teague

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/13716

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:20 pm 

Iron_City wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Damn, shame.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:17 am 

Remember Ty well and watched a good chunk of his matches. He had a wicked headlock and was often accused of deliberately choking out opponents. A 4 time PA state champ is extremely rare. Not sure what happened at UNC but his college career never took off.

He was likely on one of the greatest high school teams (North Allegheny) in wrestling history.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:22 pm 

Fury wrote:
Remember Ty well and watched a good chunk of his matches. He had a wicked headlock and was often accused of deliberately choking out opponents. A 4 time PA state champ is extremely rare. Not sure what happened at UNC but his college career never took off.

He was likely on one of the greatest high school teams (North Allegheny) in wrestling history.

I remember being in a 9th grade class. Kolat was in it with me. Our former HS coach, who I think stepped down and coached Jr. High was teasing him just before Powerade Tourney (was California Christmas tournament at the time) of how he'd have to wrestle Ty Moore and teasing him to be afraid of that headlock :lol:

They didn't have to wrestle. Never in HS. Kolat killed him in practice. I remember as Sophomores, Kolat went to Canada for a practice session and he beat John Smith 2 out of 3 times

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am 

http://www.observer-reporter.com/articl ... KPnPHtxj4x[quote][/quote]

Some powerade results. I used to be really good friends with Gavin Teasdale's dad. Ranked #2 in the country as a freshman at 106 lbs

Kenny Monday, Coleman Scott, and Nico Megaludis on hand to watch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:31 am 

Iron_City wrote:
Fury wrote:

I remember being in a 9th grade class. Kolat was in it with me. Our former HS coach, who I think stepped down and coached Jr. High was teasing him just before Powerade Tourney (was California Christmas tournament at the time) of how he'd have to wrestle Ty Moore and teasing him to be afraid of that headlock :lol:

They didn't have to wrestle. Never in HS. Kolat killed him in practice. I remember as Sophomores, Kolat went to Canada for a practice session and he beat John Smith 2 out of 3 times

That's awesome.

I remember my buddy showing me video of Kolat in a single leg and doing a back flip to get out of it. We had never seen anything like it.

Sat in amazement watching that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 am 

Kenny Monday had some relatives wrestling in Powerade from that Texas Team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:36 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Iron_City wrote:
Fury wrote:

That's awesome.

I remember my buddy showing me video of Kolat in a single leg and doing a back flip to get out of it. We had never seen anything like it.

Sat in amazement watching that.

Now an illegal move in high school wrestling, but here is Kolat's backflip in the PA State Finals:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:16 pm 

He'd give up the leg on purpose just so he could do it. Use to practice it by running toward padded walls in wrestling room and doing a flip off the wall.

He had that flip planned out from the start of that tourney in Hershey

Pretty sure the first one he did was against that lanky kid from Tyrone as a freshman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:43 pm 

.....................in it with me. Our former HS coach, who I think stepped down and coached Jr. High was teasing him just before Powerade Tourney (was California Christmas tournament at the time) of how he'd have to wrestle Ty Moore and teasing him to be afraid of that headlock :lol:

They didn't have to wrestle. Never in HS. Kolat killed him in practice. I remember as Sophomores, Kolat went to Canada for a practice session and he beat John Smith 2 out of 3 times[/quote]

That's awesome.

Sat in amazement watching that.[/quote]

Now an illegal move in high school wrestling, but here is Kolat's backflip in the PA State Finals:

[/quote]

Yup, that's it alright. Was awesome.