It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not Steeler related but Tony Stewart? WTF? Not good
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:34 am 

Horrible situation, really feel bad for all of the people involved.

The guy walked right into an oncoming race. You shouldn't do that.

Watching the video, the initial confrontation seemed to be "Rubbin'" as in, "Rubbin' is Racing".

I understand people get pissed getting "rubbed out" but seriously, you really shouldn't walk towards a race car at any point in your life.

I highly doubt Stewart pinpointed the guy to nail him when he came back around the track.

Horrible situation, really back outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:04 am 

Stand in the infield at Bristol, at the pin at the Glen and you'll see a different perspective. Again more stupidity. Whether NAS or formula 1 or sprint it's an incredible event. Tony will get away with murder. It'll cost him $1MM in defense att fees but he's got it and it's pure speculation if it will haunt him. Go prove he's got a conscience. Walk a hatched crosswalk and although you're giving someone the opportunity to run you down they won't unless impaired, rational thought prevails. Ward gave Tony the chance to run him down and he did, now go prove it. The best case here is that the DA interrupts his life to the greatest extent and creates a negative public perception and causes NAS to punish him to help their image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:46 am 

I expected this so far, the no charges. This video where he revs the engine and moves ahead, preventable and reckless. Stewart committed vehicular manslaughter here, for all the stupidity Ward showed for getting out and pointing frown tony, less mature Ward challenged a older wiser Stewart. Stewart chose his bad boy image over his brain. Wtf, He could have simply stopped or drifted by, he chose to gun it and kill the kid.

Waiting to see if we have more video of this from another angle.

Stewart is guilty as sin here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:26 am 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Today is your lucky day.....I go to 6 races a year, including Daytona every year (work related customer entertainment stuff) - can't stand it. I must admit I like some pre-race activities and all the hotties walking around. I would love to show up at 10AM, watch the pre-show mentioned above, and then leave right after the engines start - the actually sport is the worst - just terrible. The exodus after the race ends reminds me of a walking dead episode.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. :lol: I live in Florida about an hour from Daytona and I will agree the after race traffic almost kills the experience. But come on, youre there for work its kinda like asking a baker what kind of pies he likes.

Side note if you get some passes for work to any of the Southeast races and you dont know what to do with them PM me. Im sure we can work out a trade.

Would love to hook you up but most of my stuff is in the NE/MW - Daytona is so high profile - it would be tough but if I can swing it I will keep you in mind for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43 pm 

My foolproof strategy for not getting killed by a sprint car on a dirt track is to not go near sprint cars on dirt tracks.

If you're stupid/arrogant enough to get out of your car and throw a temper tantrum in the middle of an active race track, you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:19 pm 

So, the issue (at least to me) is not whether Tony Stewart intended to hit the decedent. Instead, the issue is whether Tony Stewart was criminally negligent. It is quite possible that Stewart was criminally negligent, given that there was a yellow flag, Stewart as an expert is held to a heightened standard of care, and the fact that he accelerated when near the decedent. Working in favor of Stewart is the fact that the decedent contributed to the negligence.

As a result, I doubt you could get 12 jurors to find guilty under involuntary manslaughter (i.e. criminal negligence). But you probably have enough to indict, which could lead to a plea deal.

Moreover, Stewart likely will face a large wrongful death claim. While the decedent's contributory negligence will decrease the amount of the award, it seems that Stewart (for all the reasons listed above) will still be on the hook for a large percent of the damages, which will be in excess of a few million dollars. Of course, the fact that it took place during a sporting event changes the duty owed somewhat, but Stewart by (a) causing the crash, (b) ignoring the yellow flag, and (c) hitting the person he crashed into would likely still be found negligent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:43 pm 

Now that I've read some different things and learned about these cars more....IMO there's no proving Stewart did anything negligent, much less criminal.

The car ahead of him - which likely obstructed his view of the guy - almost hit him too. And you steer with throttle, so to dive down left to avoid him you'd have to rev the engine.

Any driver other than Stewart and no one would be suggesting this was intentional.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:41 am 

Tony blew the victims car off the track, then he certainly didn't get to the rail during the yellow flag. A young driver is dead. Certainly criminal in nature.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 pm 

hopalong wrote:
Tony blew the victims car off the track, then he certainly didn't get to the rail during the yellow flag. A young driver is dead. Certainly criminal in nature.

Everything I've read said the accident was the young driver's fault.

There are absolutely no facts I've read that suggest Stewart did anything remotely criminal. I'm not a race fan - a lot of this is being driven by race fans who hate Tony Stewart.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:15 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
hopalong wrote:

Everything I've read said the accident was the young driver's fault.

There are absolutely no facts I've read that suggest Stewart did anything remotely criminal. I'm not a race fan - a lot of this is being driven by race fans who hate Tony Stewart.

Im not a nascar fan or Sprint, dirt, pebble, whatever. I do follow indy a little bit, but .....i've seen the many incidents reported involving 'smoke'.....pattern of behaviour here.

that being said..... Stewart certainly saw him, car ahead slowed down, he tried the gas manoever.....the kid die dies after being thrown under the wheel then 25 yards to the dirt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next