It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Golf thread......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 pm 

Love golf, my Bro and I (OrangeSteel) play a lot of rounds together.

Headed to Bandon Dunes for my 6th year in a row in March (PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD WEATHER).

I have a Masters Party every year with a Southern Menu, I will post that in a few weeks.

I really want Tiger to get his shit together, enjoy watching him contend, makes for a great tournament. He clearly has some green-side issues right now.

Hopefully this thread gets going especially in the off-season, (I call it golf-season) love to see pic's hear stories of great rounds and courses.

Keep'em coming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:30 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Good thing it isn't Patrick Reed shooting an 82 or someone might die:

http://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/30/ ... rick-reed/

Looks like Tiger's swing coach and Patrick Reed's life coach may be the same guy.

Read that the other day, hell of an article.

He does not make it easy on himself, among others and while he is playing in a tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:26 pm 

I've not been but heard Bandon is unbelievable. That's awesome.

Reed is well known to be a complete asshole and a cheat. Interesting in a lot of ways and not really surprising given the nature of competitive boys junior golf. Definite advantage for him to have taken the route he has, even if he isn't liked by anyone. He's very comfortable taking it low with that Monday qualifier attitude

Koepka is a stud and is going to be the example of more common path taken to the PGA tour since they changed Q school. It's not worth going to Q school for exemption on the Web.com tour. The well known premier amateurs will turn pro and take a shot with a few sponsors exemptions to get at least provisional status for PGA tour. Most everyone else will head to play in Europe or Asia. Much better schedule there in terms of consistently getting into tournaments and potentially getting status on tour. Running around to Monday qualifiers here in the US and then scrambling to get in that weekend somewhere when you don't make it is just a shitty lifestyle. And any tour less than Web.com offers ZERO status opportunities and is a complete rip off for the players. Peter Uilhein is doing the same thing. Web.com is going to be more of a safety net for guys falling off tour than a stepping stone up to the tour, which will hurt it in the long run.

I'm a little nervous that fucking ESPN is expanding it's Master's coverage. They better not fuck up what is the greatest sporting event on TV. Such a great event. Masters draw in AM, then watch golf all day after playing.

If Tiger doesn't make the cut at Torrey Pines this weekend, he's pretty much done. That's about as close to playing on his home course as it gets.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 pm 

I like Jim Furyk - and also a huge Steelers fan and season ticket holder. Crazy swing but effective.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:18 pm 

Watching replay of today's round at Torrey.

Tiger is done. He is not even a tour player right now. I know he withdrew because of back issues, but that's a result of his swing. His head is moving in 3 different planes during his swing. That's unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:31 am 

It's getting into full on Steve Blass territory.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:45 pm 

This Patrick Reed stuff keeps getting stranger:

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-go ... of-us-open

Tour need a villain so it's not necessarily bad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:33 am 

Jason Day

Stones

That is all

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm 

Hell of a tournament over the weekend, great field and what a finish!

Jason Day is a focused dude, feels he should win just about every tournament he plays in.

JB Holmes should have gone for it on 18 his first time around, very surprised he didn't.

Lucas Glover has some serious issues with his putting, he really needs to move to a claw - grip like Faldo was suggesting.

In the end, Jason Day's ball flight won him the tournament with that shot on 16 in the playoff. Hell of a shot, just landed so softly!

Hopefully Chris Berman is doing something else this weekend, I can't stand that they give that fat fuck airtime during the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:03 pm 

The suck has been officially recognized:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/02 ... k-on-game/

But this is the right thing for him to do....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next