It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Golf thread......
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:15 am 

I had the opportunity to attend the final round of The Masters last year. What a great experience. Anyway, I red an update that Allenby was proven to never have been to a strip club. Someone else was arrested for illegally using his credit cards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:16 am 

Cant believe I missed this thread

Dan Smith - Jason Day has a giant set of stones. Great call.

I played in the 2006 Australian Amateur championship that Jason Day won ( strokeplay)

I watched Jason Day shoot 65 in the morning at Royal Hobart and I went out in the afternoon and played my butt off to manage a 74. Even at the age of 17 he had the looks of a world beater.

At last years Australian open I watched the pros practice on the putting green after their morning rounds. Jason Day spent over an hour working on a three foot left to right downhill putt. Using a putting guide he hit a couple of hundred putts, never missing one, but constantly asking his caddie to check his alignment. He was very focused and very particular. His focus to detail was greater than all.

Very humbling game when you see the worlds best destroy a golf course that makes you look silly. But so very enjoyable to watch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm 

Major Kudos there Aussie.....

You may have felt like you were scraping it around but very few people can say they played a course of that caliber set up for a National Amateur event and kept it just north of level par. No shame in that 74 at all.....

That's awesome.....

Northern Trust this weekend.......leaders at -5 right now.

Who ya got?

I'm going with JB Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:23 am 

Thanks SuperK ( wont tell you about the 2nd round 80 to miss the cut)

Lots of blasts from the past with good first rounds. Great to see Goosen back in some form ( great swing)

I am partial to Geoff Ogilvy on that list. He is an absolute golf history tragic and purist of the game.

Watney and Spaeth stand out for me.

Who you got?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:42 pm 

Amazing finish to yesterday's Northern Trust, what difficult last couple of holes.

Dustin Johnson is kicking himself today on that approach shot on the Par 5 17th.

He CANNOT miss the green from the fairway there, if he makes a Par, there and on 18 he finishes at -7 and there is no playoff.

Impressed with Hahn, seems like he has figured out on to stay on Tour for the past few years, and yesterday, figured out how to win on tour.

One week closer to Bandon Dunes!

One week closer to The Masters!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:52 am 

When Rory is the Corey Pavin of the threesome, you got some bombers in your group:

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-go ... YHF7e3228e

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:31 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
It's getting into full on Steve Blass territory.

The thing I never understood about Tiger was, why when he was kicking everybodies ass, dominating the sport, he decides to fire his coach, hire a new coach and overhaul his swing? Why did he mess with a good thing is the perception I have?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am 

He's an egomaniac and Butch Harmon wouldn't kowtow to him.....

Hank Haney tried to be a "yes man" for Tiger, Inc. but also grew tired of his bullshit......

Sean Foley is just an assclown and fit in with Tiger's downward spiral.....

Bottom line beyond all the instruction, though, is that he can't hit the driver. That was fine 15 years ago cause he could "stinger" his way around tough golf courses, had an impeccable short game, and made an unbelievable amount of tough putts.

He's now competing against guys that hit irons every bit as good as he can, chip and putt better, and can confidently pull driver the whole way around. Even if Tiger still had the game he had back then, his reign of domination would have ended.

Make no mistake about it, though. What he did was UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE for a very long time. Dude was every ounce of the hype and more. Plenty of these current players know Tiger is really the one who has made them rich......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:46 pm 

He's now competing against guys that hit irons every bit as good as he can, chip and putt better, and can confidently pull driver the whole way around. Even if Tiger still had the game he had back then, his reign of domination would have ended.

This. Tiger was definately on a historical dominant run back in his prime. However, he wasn't doing it against this current crop.

Back then he had that would fold anytime Tiger had the lead.

These new bombers are young, confident, cocky, and have ridiculous amounts of game.

People talk as if Tigers health is the only thing keeping him from catching Jack. I don't think he catches him even if 100% healthy because there are simply too many young guns that can get hot any given week to compete with.

Had he held on to the lead a few years back when he was leading the Masters with like 6 holes left he would be much better position. Too tall a task a this point.

Not to mention his redesigned swing is horrific by his as well as the new standards out there.

Take vid of Rory to new coach and say "I want this"...

On a side note, taking the day off and going to do a driver fitting. See if a new stuck can knock the current driver out of the bag. They use the Trackman Doppler radar thing so that will be interesting. Hopefully not in a bad way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:27 pm 

Two years ago he won five tournaments.

His health fell off a cliff, then it got into his head, lost his confidence and now we see a complete allostatic breakdown.

Really not all that different from what happened Troy, except the shelf life in golf is longer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next