It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather-Pacquiao
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:04 pm 

Boxing is seeing a resurgence. Safe to say it's not out of the woods yet, but it can breathe on its own.

Mayweather in a decision but I hope he gets knocked out.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:32 pm 

This fight would've been a Phoenix for boxing if it happens 3-4 years ago. Floyd has a GD mouthpiece made out of $100 bills, literally. http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sp ... -1.2174901
He's all about promoting his brand, & he knew taking this fight then would've hurt the image. His reaction speed is still off the charts though.

Hope Manny wins, can't see it at this point...going Mayweather in a decision.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
This fight would've been a Phoenix for boxing if it happens 3-4 years ago. Floyd has a GD mouthpiece made out of $100 bills, literally. http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sp ... -1.2174901
He's all about promoting his brand, & he knew taking this fight then would've hurt the image. His reaction speed is still off the charts though.

Hope Manny wins, can't see it at this point...going Mayweather in a decision.

Don't think the fight would have been any bigger hype publicity or financially 3-4 years ago.

With boxing coming back to basic cable (pbc) with some legit fights, boxing is clawing its way back. Still has a lot of problems limiting the sport from ever reaching its old heights.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:10 am 

EVERYONE wanted this fight then. Yeah it still has hype, but these guys were exiting their prime 2 years ago. I'm just saying it would've been that much better in 2012 & a fight that would've featured both in their absolute prime. Mayflower is smart by kicking the can...gives him a better shot at a win. Robbed the fans of a true stud vs. Stud battle.

This is Rocky 2 vs Rocky 1.

I'm typing without watching...talking strictly promo value.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:01 am 

VanWilder wrote:
EVERYONE wanted this fight then. Yeah it still has hype, but these guys were exiting their prime 2 years ago. I'm just saying it would've been that much better in 2012 & a fight that would've featured both in their absolute prime. Mayflower is smart by kicking the can...gives him a better shot at a win. Robbed the fans of a true stud vs. Stud battle.

The fight itself would have been better, but don't know how it would have sold more. Just about Everyone who wanted it then bought it now.

Expect a rematch. Fight wasn't good enough to call for one, but how do you not do it on your last fight? No one is going to buy Mayweather vs Khan or Cotto after this fight.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:35 am 

Boring and dumb

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:36 am 

because I feel like the outcome was skewed due to the wait. Mayweather has the advantage at this point imo. Spend less energy in a fight likely going to cards playing his style, at their age, thats significant.

Not saying it wasn't good...just that it could've been so much better. There's virtually no chance of a part 3 here.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:10 am 

SteelKnife wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

The fight itself would have been better, but don't know how it would have sold more. Just about Everyone who wanted it then bought it now.

Expect a rematch. Fight wasn't good enough to call for one, but how do you not do it on your last fight? No one is going to buy Mayweather vs Khan or Cotto after this fight.

I think Khan would have been a better fight. Pac looked SLOW

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 am 

Pacquiao and Roach should be ashamed of themselves for this fight. Floyd did nothing different last night than he always does and somehow it looked like Pac/Roach had no clue WTF was going on. Canelo did the same shit......Puncher/Brawler gets his fight with Floyd and then all of a sudden wants to become a boxer and out-box Floyd. Pacquiao HAD HAD HAD HAD to be more active last night and it looked like the first 4 rounders he was actually trying to counter-punch him. He wasn't nearly active enough and took no risks. He could have won the fight if he was more active and threw volume punches. Floyd isn't going to knock him out so I don't understand the lack of risk taking. \\

But in a fight where the punch output is similar there's no way you're winning a decision against Floyd.

Everyone will rake Floyd over the coals for last night being a boring fight but I know where the real blame lies.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:32 am 

Khan is the one person mayweather might knock out. And after this? Mayweather khan would probably drsw 500-600k buys.

The good news is that as mayweather heads toward retirement there are a lot of good fights to be made in middleweight. Focus should shift there. Ward GGG cotto Alvarez quillin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next