It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mayweather-Pacquiao
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:25 am 

It reminded me why I gave up on watching that stuff.
That was terrible.

Capt Kirk vs the Lizard Capt was a better fight.
I streamed it for free. I feel like they owe me money
waste of time

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:30 am 

Don't know why some were expecting Rocky 7. Floyd's a defensive fighter, one of the best. What he's done to bring him to 47-0 going into the fight wasn't going to change all of a sudden. Pacman couldn't do anything with him

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:55 am 

Watching that kind of boxing to me is like watching defensive trap hockey. Yeah it works and is successful but it's unwatchable to me. They've been showing a bunch of Mayweahter fights on HBO leading up to this and I think I was able to stomach about 5 minutes total.

Great Capt Kirk/lizard fight analogy. That was a great match up. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:10 pm 

steelcity512 wrote:
Don't know why some were expecting Rocky 7. Floyd's a defensive fighter, one of the best. What he's done to bring him to 47-0 going into the fight wasn't going to change all of a sudden. Pacman couldn't do anything with him

Mayweather couldn't do shit either, besides hide.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:14 pm 

One of boxings biggest problems is having a fighter with FMjr's style it's best gate and alleged P for P.

I hate him, it's smart, but he's never going to exchange, hell he is rarely willing to risk stepping forward...even his jab is off his heels or on the move. FMjr has taken fewer head shots in the last 10 years then most NFL RBs take in two games.

Part of the problem with Paq last night was the Nev commission ruled he couldn't use the anti inflammatory he was using to prepare for the fight...after previously ruling that he could. He injured a shoulder in camp a month ago...and this fight likely doesn't go off as scheduled if he was told the truth prior to just before the fight. That might well explain why he blew the last few rounds.

I want GGG to moved down and whip his ass so fucking bad...

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:28 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
steelcity512 wrote:

Mayweather couldn't do shit either, besides hide.

Looked ok to me :lol:
Threw more/landed more too

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 pm 

Mayweather is a smart fighter but this fight illustrates why boxing is inferior to MMA. When Mayweather was dodging and covering up, Manny would have had about 20 good options under MMA rules.

There are five weapons in boxing. Jab, cross, front foot hook, and two uppercuts. There are maybe 200-300 in MMA.

Boxing is checkers, MMA is chess. Boxing is three chord blues, MMA is jazz. Boxing is Grand Theft Auto, MMA is Portal 2.

I am old school on many things, but the newer generation has it right on this subject. Boxing is a relic from a past when the strategy of fighting was poorly understood.

Fighting has evolved more in the last 20 years than in the last 2000 and the sporting world needs to adapt.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:01 pm 

I love the scumbag Mayweather claiming he will retire after win 49. Get real dude. He's setting up the big payday. Promoters and business begging him to fight for 50. cha ching

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:06 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Mayweather is a smart fighter but this fight illustrates why boxing is inferior to MMA. When Mayweather was dodging and covering up, Manny would have had about 20 good options under MMA rules.

There are five weapons in boxing. Jab, cross, front foot hook, and two uppercuts. There are maybe 200-300 in MMA.

Boxing is checkers, MMA is chess. Boxing is three chord blues, MMA is jazz. Boxing is Grand Theft Auto, MMA is Portal 2.

I am old school on many things, but the newer generation has it right on this subject. Boxing is a relic from a past when the strategy of fighting was poorly understood.

Fighting has evolved more in the last 20 years than in the last 2000 and the sporting world needs to adapt.

I've got to look up Portal 2... :lol:

I don't entirely disagree with what you are saying but...

Boxing isn't fighting, it's boxing. No doubt a highly trained MMA fighter has the advantage in a street fight, that's not debatable, but...

There was more action in Mattysse vs Provodnikov then in this entire years worth of UFC offerings.

And the UFC is a joke compared to what it was intended to be. The premature stoppages are ridiculous. Rhonda Rousey is ridiculous. They should bill themselves as MMA and not "fighting" because this is nothing like it was intended...the rounds, the limitations on striking, ban on headbutting, north south elbows, small joint manipulation, grounded knees, and the idea that the fighters should ever be stood up, rounds, and referee stoppage make it nothing like Vale Tudo or real fighting...although I think even Vale Tudo has now adopted much of the UFV format.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:50 pm 

Portal 2? I hardly ever play video games and think most are a waste of time. However Portal 2 is amazing. It's must play even if you think video games are stupid.

In a street fight, a Krav Maga black belt or Kuk Sool black belt would beat any MMA or boxer because there are no rules. Street fighting is a whole different animal.

Small joint manipulation and some of those other things you mentioned should be banned for obvious reasons. MMA is smart enough to know it can't maintain a mainstream audience without rules to curb gruesome or career ending injuries.

Rousey should just go the Dwayne Johnson route at this point in her career.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next