It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:32 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Some horrible calls against WI in the last five minutes

Theme to this year's championships in NCAAF, NCAAB, NFL: major timely contribution by a backup.

That's OK- some horrible calls got Wisconsin to the title game, so it all evens out.

If that is what you took away from that game, you missed it.

There were calls that went against WI.

But the important thing is... if that is what you took away from that game, you missed it. It was a very high level of basketball played in that game (for college)

Last edited by Havoc on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 pm 

Kaminsky played like a player worthy of national player of the year vs both Kentucky and Duke.

21 pts 12 rebounds in the title game. The first player to put up 20/10 in a title game since 2007. He also put Okafor on the bench. A couple of his teammates did not give him enough help.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:58 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Kaminsky played like a player worthy of national player of the year vs both Kentucky and Duke.

21 pts 12 rebounds in the title game. The first player to put up 20/10 in a title game since 2007. He also put Okafor on the bench. A couple of his teammates did not give him enough help.

BS calls put Okafor on the bench. Kaminsky bulls his way to the basket, and then flops like a bitch if guys return the favor. Drives me nuts because he gets the call every time.

That won't work in the NBA. They will let him flop as his opponent dunks the ball, and fine him afterwords.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:45 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Havoc wrote:

BS calls put Okafor on the bench. Kaminsky bulls his way to the basket, and then flops like a bitch if guys return the favor. Drives me nuts because he gets the call every time.

That won't work in the NBA. They will let him flop as his opponent dunks the ball, and fine him afterwords.

Duke shot 16 free throws in the second half to Wisconsin's 3.

Okafor had trouble defending a man that size with good ball skills and enough quickness to use it. I do not recall any phantom fouls called on Okafor. If Okafor would have backed off, Kaminsky might have scored 30 on him.

The NBA is the phantom and touch foul league. I can't stand that part of the nba.

I would say Kaminsky's (eventual) floor in the nba is probably a nice rotation player off the bench. I am not saying he can step in and do that right away. But you can't teach height and he shoots it well enough to help a team.

He might have a very high ceiling. He might be able to become great. He is not a center. He is a stretch four. He is not a rim protector. And at forward, he does not have to be.

To reach his possible ceiling at the next level... he is currently a good shooter... he needs to become great. He needs to get physically stronger and develop an excellent post up game... probably mid post. He is already an efficient player... a lot of guys in the nba are not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6