It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:06 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Wisconsin will probably go 5-25 from 3 against Kentucky and lose.

That's what Wisconsin does. If they don't win it this year they won't contend for another 7-10 years.

Wisconsin is not some simply limited in talent perimeter offense, if that is what you are trying to say. Their offense is much more complex and talented than that.

They had the shot to win the game at the end vs kentucky in last year's final 4 game. If they find themselves in the same position this year, I'm sure they will be happy to take their chances with that. When that ball was in the air, Kentucky was not in control of their own destiny.

Kentucky can be beaten, as Notre Dame showed last night. When that shot at the end that Notre Dame took to win the game was in the air... Kentucky was not in control of their own destiny. It was a tough shot, but it was perfectly in line with the basket (just a little long). I have seen many shots like that go in to win games. Kentucky is fortunate to still be playing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:58 pm 

I am impressed with Wisconsin and I now think they have more than a punchers chance against Kentucky.

Stat geeks like Jeemie need to read the 538.com article about Michigan State and Izzo. His playoff record is not just unreal, it's damn near impossible:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/tom- ... -far/#ss-2

Today's result is ON TOP OF THAT.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:37 pm 

It's a two racket race-- Mike Nichols and p polley. Unless Wisconsin beats Michigan state in the final, it's all over. Even if I get last three correct, I'm still only 2nd... Mike and I have same Kyvs Duke and Ky winning so I can't catch him. Congrats.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:06 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I am impressed with Wisconsin and I now think they have more than a punchers chance against Kentucky.

Stat geeks like Jeemie need to read the 538.com article about Michigan State and Izzo. His playoff record is not just unreal, it's damn near impossible:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/tom- ... -far/#ss-2

Today's result is ON TOP OF THAT.

Yeah- I've been aware of that for some time- unreal.

I made one bracket this year- Michigan State is in my Final Four.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:03 am 

Either Tom Izzo is the great playoff coach in the history of all sports or he's holding back during the regular season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Either Tom Izzo is the great playoff coach in the history of all sports or he's holding back during the regular season.

He is a great coach for teaching his players throughout the year. By the time they get to the tournament, they are playing better as a team. Teams with experience can beat super athletic freshmen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:41 am 

I think that Saturday's KY WI game will be one for the ages.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:

That's what Wisconsin does. If they don't win it this year they won't contend for another 7-10 years.

Wisconsin is not some simply limited in talent perimeter offense, if that is what you are trying to say. Their offense is much more complex and talented than that.

They had the shot to win the game at the end vs kentucky in last year's final 4 game. If they find themselves in the same position this year, I'm sure they will be happy to take their chances with that. When that ball was in the air, Kentucky was not in control of their own destiny.

Kentucky can be beaten, as Notre Dame showed last night. When that shot at the end that Notre Dame took to win the game was in the air... Kentucky was not in control of their own destiny. It was a tough shot, but it was perfectly in line with the basket (just a little long). I have seen many shots like that go in to win games. Kentucky is fortunate to still be playing.

Wisconsin teams tend to go cold and lose in the NCAA tourney.

They have had many good teams, this may be their best in the last 15-20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:24 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:

Wisconsin teams tend to go cold and lose in the NCAA tourney.

They have had many good teams, this may be their best in the last 15-20 years.

Regarding this current WI team...

They are in the final 4...two years in a row with this current group. That is a great accomplishment. That's a lot of winning. If they lose again to the possible national champions... no shame in that. It has been a great run for them no matter what happens the rest of the way.

Teams tend to go cold vs Kentucky because of all that ridiculous length. That is going to happen at least to some degree.

This current WI team has a diverse offensive attack. And this year's team is better than last year's.

Dekker is playing the best basketball of his career right now. He was slowed early this season with an injury. He is tough, physical, and fearless. The dude can ball.

They have 3 guys in their starting lineup who can score inside... Dekker, Kaminsky, and Hayes.

Hayes gives them a physical presence around the lane on offense. He is an important part of what they do.

Kaminsky is a versatile and skilled 7 footer who can score from anywhere on the floor. A lot of what they do on offense revolves around his presence on the court. He needs to stay out of foul trouble, which won't be easy. And he needs to be aggressive (sometimes he is not).

About last years WI - KY game... KY was more uncomfortable playing against WI than any other team they faced in the tournament. KY got out of that game by the skin of their teeth.

I am not making any predictions. I am saying WI is one heck of a basketball team.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:48 pm 

Wisconsin 71
Kentucky 64

Wisconsin = badass basketball team.

That was a very high level of basketball played in that game. Kentucky is not dominant on offense which is why they are not as good as some people believe(d). Kentucky's offense last year was actually painful to watch - it was bad basketball. They were better this year though.

Wisconsin is the best team in the nation executing their offense in the last 5 minutes of games. It is a machine. All 5 guys can shoot it from anywhere on the floor. All 5 guys can make their free throws. They have a difference maker 7 footer who's presence on the court warps defenses. They have 3 bigs who can give them inside scoring. They have multiple fearless clutch shooters. And on defense, they can pack the paint with their bigs and they play with a very high collective basketball IQ on both ends of the floor. And they are a very good defensive rebounding team which they showed last night.

Last edited by Havoc on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next