It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:52 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Wisconsin 71
Kentucky 64

Wisconsin = badass basketball team.

That was a very high level of basketball played in that game. Kentucky is not dominant on offense which is why they are not as good as some people believe(d). Kentucky's offense last year was actually painful to watch - it was bad basketball. They were better this year though.

Some people still don't understand just how good this Wisconsin team really is. WI felt like they should have beat KY in last year's game and for good reason. WI could have been the team going for 2 championships in a row instead of KY.

Wisconsin is the best team in the nation executing their offense in the last 5 minutes of games. It is a machine. All 5 guys can shoot it from anywhere on the floor. All 5 guys can make their free throws. They have a difference maker 7 footer who's presence on the court warps defenses. They have 3 bigs who can give them inside scoring. They have multiple fearless clutch shooters. And on defense, they can pack the paint with their bigs and they play with a very high collective basketball IQ on both ends of the floor. And they are a very good defensive rebounding team which they showed last night.

While I agree with everything posted regardingWisky, one small correction. UK was not going for 2 in a row. They lost in the title game to UConn last year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:55 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Wisconsin 71
Kentucky 64

That was a very high level of basketball played in that game. Kentucky is not dominant on offense which is why they are not as good as some people believe(d). Kentucky's offense last year was actually painful to watch - it was bad basketball. They were better this year though.

Some people still don't understand just how good this Wisconsin team really is. WI felt like they should have beat KY in last year's game and for good reason. WI could have been the team going for 2 championships in a row instead of KY.

Wisconsin is the best team in the nation executing their offense in the last 5 minutes of games. It is a machine. All 5 guys can shoot it from anywhere on the floor. All 5 guys can make their free throws. They have a difference maker 7 footer who's presence on the court warps defenses. They have 3 bigs who can give them inside scoring. They have multiple fearless clutch shooters. And on defense, they can pack the paint with their bigs and they play with a very high collective basketball IQ on both ends of the floor. And they are a very good defensive rebounding team which they showed last night.

While I agree with everything posted regardingWisky, one small correction. UK was not going for 2 in a row. They lost in the title game to UConn last year.

I edited that out, but you replied before I finished. I watched UConn beat UK. Brain fart on my part.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I also edited out what I wrote about WI last year because they are better this year.

Let me try this again...

Wisconsin 71
Kentucky 64

That was a very high level of basketball played in that game. Kentucky is not dominant on offense which is why they are not as great as some people believe(d). Kentucky's offense last year was actually painful to watch - it was bad basketball. They were better this year though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:14 am 

Duke is going to be difficult in part because Okafor and Winslow are a load inside. Wisconsin's bigs need to stay out of foul trouble, which won't be easy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:32 pm 

That first half was the worst half of the tournament for WI. And their worst game overall.

Dekker was off. He made up for it in the first half with offensive rebounds. He did nothing in the 2nd half.

That was not a well played game by either team.

Congrats to duke. Two of their guards were the difference for them. They made the plays they had to make down the stretch to win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:44 pm 

Congratulations to me, your 2015 Steelerfury Bracket Champion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 am 

Grayson Allen off the bench single handedly willed Duke back after WI had them on the ropes with a 9 point lead in the 2nd half. He might have saved the game for them.

And Jones was great all game for them.

Kaminsky put Okafor in foul trouble doing what he does taking him out of the game to some degree. I would liked to have seen WI them get the ball to Kaminsky a few more times in the 2nd half.

Gasser had 0 points in 36 minutes and only took 1 shot the entire game for WI. He did not appear to be himself after that eye issue early in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:08 am 

Some horrible calls against WI in the last five minutes

Theme to this year's championships in NCAAF, NCAAB, NFL: major timely contribution by a backup.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am 

Steel Mike wrote:

congrats, man... almost matched you-- I made a couple of bad choices. I'll take 2nd considering I don't know jack shit about cb.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:06 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:

congrats, man... almost matched you-- I made a couple of bad choices. I'll take 2nd considering I don't know jack shit about cb.

Thank you sir. Yeah it was a close one... I didn't watch a ton of college bball this year and kept it chalk for the most part.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Some horrible calls against WI in the last five minutes

Theme to this year's championships in NCAAF, NCAAB, NFL: major timely contribution by a backup.

That's OK- some horrible calls got Wisconsin to the title game, so it all evens out.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next