It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Miami vs Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm 

He did it right this time. This is a really good essay he did with that writer from SI explaining his decision.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron ... -cavaliers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:14 pm 

My opinion means nothing. I am not a Heat nor a Cavs fan, but the reason he left Cleveland is because they had a horrible front office and the coaching situation wasnt conducive to winning the championship. Not much has changed so why should the results change now that they have James. I think going to Cleveland was about ego.In the end he can go there and have some success and not win and everyone there will love him because he came home and tried.

The only proven commodity there is Irving and he was one step away from leaving before there was a chance to get Lebron.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:37 pm 

I don't claim to be any kind of basketball expert (and i'm no fan of the NBA), but did the Heat win anything because of coaching? Or was Spoelstra along for the ride? I guess we'll see how good of a coach he is now. I always thought the consensus was the Lebron had some input on the guys they brought in during his last go round in Cleveland, that he signed off on them. If not, I think he'll have a big say this time around. I'm sure he'd have put some conditions in place in agreeing to come back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:59 pm 

I'm LMAO at Cleveland fans cumming themselves, like a hot girlfriend that treated you like shit coming back and all is forgiven because you got nothing better.

What Lebron really said (I mean, ACTUALLY did say) - "I had to go get a ring and live in a great, fun city....now I'm ready to come back to CLE"

Here's to Lebron coming up short again and again to break hearts in CLE all over again!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:01 pm 

CaptainFantastik wrote:
I always thought the consensus was the Lebron had some input on the guys they brought in during his last go round in Cleveland, that he signed off on them.

I believe that's true. I also think CLE might have won a championship with better coaching, but just a year or two earlier Lebron had endorsed the coach.

He probably has learned a few things from being in MIA, so maybe this time around he'll get better mileage from his "input".

Anyway, I'd rather the Cavs win a title than the Browns!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
I think he goes to Cleveland. He wants to be the GOAT. If he just sticks in Miami with the big 3, it's going to be a big fat asterisk. He needs to will a team to a championship or two, and he knows it. He can do that in Cleveland. Plus, what a great narrative that would be.

BINGO.

Winning one title in CLE is worth 3-4 more (if he could even win that many) anywhere else, as far as legacy.

When he left I referenced Ernie Banks. There's something noble about sticking it out with a long-suffering franchise, even if you fail. There's nothing noble about being a mercenary. I think his only choices were MIA and CLE - more rings anywhere else was never going to give him the recognition a Jordan or Kobe has as far as championships.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I'm LMAO at Cleveland fans cumming themselves, like a hot girlfriend that treated you like shit coming back and all is forgiven because you got nothing better.

What Lebron really said (I mean, ACTUALLY did say) - "I had to go get a ring and live in a great, fun city....now I'm ready to come back to CLE"

Here's to Lebron coming up short again and again to break hearts in CLE all over again!! :lol:

You sound like a douche. Go Cavs.

Not only Cleveland has Cavs fans. I've been a Cavs fan since I was old enough to watch basketball. Big Z was my dude before LeBron came. I watched LeBron play against my HS, he was a stud at 16 years old. He is a good guy too, does a lot for kids all around the country. Win or lose, he is a champion FOR THE WHOLE STATE OF OHIO. Everyone else doesn't have it like we do over here. It's electric even where I live in central Ohio. The Buckeyes are ALWAYS national news. Now the Browns are getting headlines. Manziel is a diant douche who I hope the Steelers embarrass, but he could be the real deal. The Cavs will win at least one championship.

LeBron came back because he is an Ohio guy. He wrote a great letter about how going to Miami was like going to college is for most people. Cleveland is where his heart is. They have a ton of young talent now, you obviously don't know anything about basketball. Irving, Waiters, Thompson, all lit it up during the season and all star weekend. Bennett looks great tonight, and Wiggins has potential. Not to mention the Cavs are close to completing a deal for Kevin Love.

Without LBJ, Miami wouldn't have won those two trophies.

Quote from LeBron's article;

"I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
He wrote a great letter about how going to Miami was like going to college is for most people.

And why do most people go to college? To have fun and to learn. He's saying he couldn't do that in CLE. Unintentional or not, that's a forehanded insult.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:30 am 

I can't explain in a post how this has affected Northeast Ohio. It goes way, way, way beyond basketball.

I am shocked at the emotions I personally experienced yesterday as this unfolded, reading the essay. I am not an emotional guy nor do I have more than a passing rooting interest in the Cavs. I teared up. Friends of mine who are true Cleveland fans were crying. Not trying to sound like a hard ass, but, these are tough men I have never seen cry.

Honestly I have no words for it. It seems silly that where some dude decides to play basketball could have so much of an affect on a region. All of the hype is true.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:05 am 

Kodiak wrote:

They're TOTALLY RIGHT to welcome him back! The choice is continue to be garbage forever in order to have PRIDE that you didn't welcome him back. Or just say piss on, come on back, we forgive you, and have some fun at least contending, instead of sucking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next