It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Miami vs Cleveland
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:41 am 

I hope he can win a couple of titles there. I don't hate Cleveland like I do Baltimore. Often times it's fun to poke fun at them when it comes to the Browns and such but everyone on my mom's side of the family is from there. And whether most can admit it or not.....they and Buffalo are very much like Pittsburgh as far as the relationships these cities have with their teams. The people down here in South Florida have no concept of that, or anywhere else i've lived (northern and southern California). And there's no point trying to explain it. South Florida will be over Lebron by Monday morning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 am 

I think it's funny how the entire city wrote him off and hated and now love him again

I think I'm going to market T shirts that say "I hate him" on the front and "I love him". On the back

It's fucking comical the complete 180 these clowns have done

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:39 am 

Iron_City wrote:
I think it's funny how the entire city wrote him off and hated and now love him again

I think I'm going to market T shirts that say "I hate him" on the front and "I love him". On the back

Would you pass on a chance to win, just to hold a grudge? Not me! That's petty to me. I'd rather welcome him back, forgive and forget and return to the top, or near it, if I am a Cavs fan. And have FUN watching my team again for at least a few years, rather than SUCK just to hold that grudge. After all, sports is not some serious part of your life, like some religion or something, it's just a TV Show or an entertainment option, watching wins > watching losses.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:16 pm 

Iron_City wrote:

I'm not in Cleveland so I wouldn't know but is it possible they never really HATED him but hated the spectacle that was "the decision"?

Regardless they have it good with him back, he's a better player now than when he left. You add LeBron with Kyrie, and Wiggins(or if they trade for Love) and they will in contention in the East next season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:32 pm 

Iron_City wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Cavs fans hated how he shit in their faces on national TV. My HS played against his, so I've been follwing his basketball career since he was a freshman. He was the chosen one for the whole state of Ohio. This is a guy who had all the hype in the world and actually lived up to it. That's why Dan Gilbert wrote the letter. He was crushed by LeBron, and so were Cavs fans across the country.

LeBron knew that what he did was immature and owned up to it.

He developed into a leader while carrying Miami on his back. The Cavs will be a legit threat to win it all for the next 5-7 years easy, barring injuries.

Bennett and Wiggins already look NBA ready in summer league. Bennett has lost 25ish pounds and looks athletic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:47 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Iron_City wrote:

Cavs fans hated how he shit in their faces on national TV. My HS played against his, so I've been follwing his basketball career since he was a freshman. He was the chosen one for the whole state of Ohio. This is a guy who had all the hype in the world and actually lived up to it. That's why Dan Gilbert wrote the letter. He was crushed by LeBron, and so were Cavs fans across the country.

He developed into a leader while carrying Miami on his back. The Cavs will be a legit threat to win it all for the next 5-7 years easy, barring injuries.

Bennett and Wiggins already look NBA ready in summer league. Bennett has lost 25ish pounds and looks athletic.

how did it work out when you tried to un-burn his jersey?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:19 am 

You know a guy is worth welcoming back if him leaving hurt you enough that you burned his jersey.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 pm 

He's the best player in the world, I get it. But I live in NE OH. I listened to the masses and what they said about him. Radio stations still refer to him as a traitor.

Now that he's coming back, a complete 180.

The Cleveland sports fanbase is a tired bunch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm 

Iron_City wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Iron_City wrote:

how did it work out when you tried to un-burn his jersey?

Never burned it.

I was more pissed at Dan Gilbert for refusing to sign legit players around him. He added aged has beens, rather than young talent.

I let him know too, and am still blocked by him on Twitter.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 am 

Iron_City wrote:
He's the best player in the world, I get it. But I live in NE OH. I listened to the masses and what they said about him. Radio stations still refer to him as a traitor.

Now that he's coming back, a complete 180.

The Cleveland sports fanbase is a tired bunch

They're tired of LOSING, I don't blame them for saying, "Fuck it, we forgive the asshole, at least he eventually wanted to come home, now win us something!" Better than holding a grudge and watching the team play for a lottery pick every year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next