It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: James Miami vs Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:50 pm 

Ice wrote:
If I'm the Cavs, I keep Wiggins. Love doesn't really have the foot speed or athletic ability to mesh well with Cleveland. He is also a locker room whiner, apparently. If Bennett develops, and it's an if, you don't need him.

I don't want them to trade Wiggins or Bennett, especially both for one guy.

If one or both don't pan out though, the Cavs would have made the right decision. It's a risk either way, but I would rather keep the young core intact.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Jax wrote:
I'm not taking what happened seriously other than I don't like Lebron or anything from Cleveland really. I don't follow the NBA much anymore either, in part because of shit like the Lebron worship.

I find plenty of entertainment in the pain and suffering of those I do not like. I want to win and crush their spirits in the process. Tears of anguish are delicious.

You sound like an angry bitch!

:lol: :evil:

Not angry at all about it, nor am I bitching but you are free to think whatever you like.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:12 am 

Wiggins and Bennett to Wolves for Love. Bennett will now gain 50 pounds from comfort eating.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:33 am 

Cavs going all in. I like the move. The new big three of LeBron, Love, and Irving should be a force. Plus they have some other nice complimentary pieces already on the roster, and I won't be surprised to see a couple more additions.

Fuck it I'll be at the Q this season rooting them on. I'm not emotionally invested in the team like I am Pittsburgh, but can get in on the fun that will be Cavs basketball for the next several years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:06 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Cavs going all in.

And that makes sense, no use thinking too far into the future, you got a 30 year old LeBron, your attitude should be Classic George Allen, "The Future is Now!" and plan accordingly. For those old enough to remember him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:12 pm 

Lebron and his Big 3 in Miami get routed by a team in San Antonio, so Lebron goes home and immediately assembles a new Big 3. Lesson, not learned.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm 

Lebron better win up there. Because there won't be any more putting blame on the Cavs front office by the Lebron backers like last time.......even though I think we all knew Lebron likely picked his teammates there too to some degree. They won't have the luxury of using that excuse anymore after these singings and the Love trade.

Although i'm still basking in the schadenfreude down here in SoFL that he left. These people just can't understand why South Beach isn't the dream destination for every marquee pro athlete. :lol:

They shit-talked Pittsburgh too when Mike Wallace left to come south. They think Pittsburgh is still the dreary Pittsburgh of the "steel city" era. These people don't here don't have any kind of real relationship with any of their teams. And that's where i'll always back Cleveland over these fucks down here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:30 pm 

1. LeBron is a giant douche. The general public became aware of it with the decision. If you read anything in detail about this guy, it becomes obvious that he is a massive douche. It is sickening how the sports media ignores the rest of the guy's terrible persona by chocking the decision up to bad PR. It wasn't bad PR. It was merely in line with his personality. He has learned to be a bit more media savy, but he is still a douche at heart.

2. Cleveland was a great spot for LeBron to land. Due to years of sucking, they possessed (1) cap space and (2) great assets. Bron knew he could immediately assemble a great supporting cast. Fuck his noise about coming home to win one for Cleveland. He came home because it was probably the best roster situation for him, where he could still take the max.

3. Cleveland will be exposed on defense. Irving sucks on defense. Love is terrible on defense (though he is an elite defensive rebounding). Waiters is meh on defense. Thompson and Varejo are good defensive bigs. LeBron is amazing on defense. In the modern NBA, you cannot have your 1 and 4 being awful defenders unless you have a Dwight Howard guarding the rim. Any team with two permitter scorers/a mobile PnR big man + decent outside shooting will be able to eat Cleveland apart. This won't be as evident in the regular season, when scouting is minimal and teams aren't as good. Come the playoffs, teams will take advantage of these defensive weaknesses.

4. Irving is a bit overrated. He is a good offensive player on a shitty team. He had the ball in his hands a lot. It will be interesting seeing how he adapts to playing off the ball.

5. Cavs are good enough to cruise to the regular season EC title. I doubt they make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs and would be shocked to see them win the east.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:36 pm 

Cleveland was also probably the best PR move he could have made on a national level.