It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not Steeler related but Tony Stewart? WTF? Not good
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 am 

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewar ... 1618893708

He is going to Jail

Post subject: Re: Not Steeler related but Tony Stewart? WTF? Not good
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:51 am 

He murdered this kid. Wow his temper finally is taking him to the klink. There are reports that this kid passed away but unsubstantiated now

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:55 am 

Just pinged the story again. Saying Ward was DOA

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/na ... /13855401/

Tony should fry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:04 am 

ESPN reporting the guy passed.

I saw video. I have no idea if Stewart did it intentionally or not. The guy put himself in harm's way. It's a sickening accident, but I can't say if Stewart meant to hit him (people familiar with racing seem to think he did).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:08 am 

Listen to the video, he gunned he engine. Wow speechless to see something so sickening.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:50 am 

No idea if he did it on purpose or not but walking out on that track was completely stupid. These guys are driving with their foot on the floor and those cars slide all over the place. Yell at him in the pits if you're pissed. Don't walk in the middle of traffic on a race track. I mean come on. The guy has to take some responsibility for his own damn actions even though that's very rare in today's society.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:06 am 

I agree what Ward did was foolish, but we are tAlking Tony Stewart here. He's a walking incident.
Everyone this morning is in protect Tony Stewart mode. All outlets
I want to see what the investigation comes with.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:17 am 

Just saw where he is still racing today? WTF?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:01 am 

Kid was stupid, but you can hear the engine gun as Stewart's car approaches.

And according to at least one commenter on the thread, when you gun a sprint car engine, it will set sideways, and that Stewart would have known that.

I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know Stewart is volatile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:03 am 
Unreal.

This is going to be an interesting investigation.

I watched the video and have no idea if it was intentional either. He revved his engine, for sure, but that doesn't necessarily prove anything. Could have been similar to me when I pass a goddam cyclist in rush hour traffic on a bad day here in Pittsburgh. I could calmly go around him. But if I'm pissed off enough, I may floor the gas while passing him.

Frankly, I don't care if he did it intentionally or not, I think he should go to fail for a long time either way.

Does the usual concept of drivers assuming all responsibility when striking a pedestrian apply to race tracks?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:14 am 

Crosby4Life wrote:
Unreal.

I watched the video and have no idea if it was intentional either. He revved his engine, for sure, but that doesn't necessarily prove anything. Could have been similar to me when I pass a goddam cyclist in rush hour traffic on a bad day here in Pittsburgh. I could calmly go around him. But if I'm pissed off enough, I may floor the gas while passing him.

Frankly, I don't care if he did it intentionally or not, I think he should go to fail for a long time either way.

Does the usual concept of drivers assuming all responsibility when striking a pedestrian apply to race tracks?

I hope it results in all NASCAR and CAR RACING events to be permanently banned forever - I would rather watch a marathon of Saved By The Bell than watch any type of car racing event - PERIOD. If they dont ban it - I hope AlQueda targets NASCAR.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:40 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Crosby4Life wrote:
Unreal.

I hope it results in all NASCAR and CAR RACING events to be permanently banned forever - I would rather watch a marathon of Saved By The Bell than watch any type of car racing event - PERIOD. If they dont ban it - I hope AlQueda targets NASCAR.

Get w the times. ISIS will target Nascar.

Just leave Danica Patrick out of it. I will punish her myself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:43 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Crosby4Life wrote:
Unreal.

Thats crazy. What did car racing do to you? I'd say go to a race and your opinion will change, but it looks like you need to point to where car racing touched you on the doll before any healing can begin. Seriously I can't find anyone that has ever actually been to a race that didnt like it. You can bring your own beer and food and smoke(with permission from other fans) in the stands while watching cars go over 200 mph. What straight(and Micheal Waltrip fans) red blooded American person wouldnt like that? Its like the last bastion of sports freedom for fans.

And this dude walked right into the car. Here is the video here. No love lost on Tony trust me, he has wrecked more people out of spite than anything - but dude was trying to get in the path of Tonys car. At 35 seconds at the last minute the dude goes down into the path of the car, you can see Tonys wheels turned down to avoid him and possibly gunning out of his way.What does Tony gain by killing this kid? They weren't rivals or even currently at the same skill level. If they were on pavement I might see it but on these dirt tracks not seeing anything to your right until the last minute.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am 

Crosby4Life wrote:
Unreal.

I thought revving the engine the way he did makes the car slide in the direction of the dude who got hit.

Maybe it wasnt intentional to hit him, but it was absolutely reckless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:50 am 

I can't imagine that Tony Stewart would intentionally want to run a man over knowing he will likely be killed. I just can't even fathom that kind of thinking. I truly think the guy that got out of his car and walked onto the track into the line of on-coming race cars on a dirt track that is not well lit will absolutely be found negligent in this case.

If I was NASCAR, I would absolutely make Stewart sit this race out today. The guy can't be in a good frame of mind after last night and should be considered a safety liability to the other drivers in the race today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:08 pm 

I'm not a racing fan but...

From just watching the clip, How can you tell that Stewart revved his engine and not another racer?

I thought the guy was a bit reckless walking towards the racers. It will be partially his fault.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:16 pm 

Quote:

Completely agree, lets go watch cars go in a circle really fast, yay!

But lets leave Danica out of it, she can drive whatever and however she wants!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm 

jebrick wrote:
I'm not a racing fan but...

From just watching the clip, How can you tell that Stewart revved his engine and not another racer?

I thought the guy was a bit reckless walking towards the racers. It will be partially his fault.

No reason for any driver to rev the engine when you are slowing down for a caution with an accident on the track. The revving happened in perfect time with the contact with the driver standing on the track.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:44 pm 

except that an expert driver would know that the best way to avoid an obstacle almost always includes acceleration

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:47 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
except that an expert driver would know that the best way to avoid an obstacle almost always includes acceleration

If the wreck is happening in front of you, not when it's already happened.

Drivers come out on the track and point at each other all the time, first time I've seen someone driven over.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:19 pm 

I don't see drivers walking into the path of oncoming vehicles though like this guy did. He definitely shoulders some solid blame here. I tend to to think Stewart was trying to give him a scare with the engine rev and it went bad. So of course he shoulders some blame too. Just an unfortunate incident all around.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:40 pm 
CaptainFantastik wrote:
I don't see drivers walking into the path of oncoming vehicles though like this guy did. He definitely shoulders some solid blame here. I tend to to think Stewart was trying to give him a scare with the engine rev and it went bad. So of course he shoulders some blame too. Just an unfortunate incident all around.

Yeah, that's where I'm at, too. I'm inclined to think that Stewart might get some kind of negligence charge against him for unnecessarily accelerating with a person standing so close. I don't think anyone can prove any kind of intent to injure or kill, though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:42 pm 

What no one is mentioning.....they were under a 'yellow/caution' from the moment the guy hit the wall. Watch how fast Stewart comes out of the corner and drives past the guy.
Hard to believe NASCAR is not sitting him until the investigation is over.

>EDIT< Stewart is not racing today.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/na ... /13859013/

"Hours after his team's tactless announcement that it would be "business as usual" despite Stewart hitting and killing Kevin Ward Jr. during a sprint car race in upstate New York on Saturday night, Stewart wisely reversed course. The emotions were simply too much for everyone involved, Stewart said in a statement, acknowledging that a race track was the last place he should be right now."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 pm 

Jax wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

If the wreck is happening in front of you, not when it's already happened.

Drivers come out on the track and point at each other all the time, first time I've seen someone driven over.

Again, not a race fan...

Walking into traffic at night while wearing black may not be the smartest thing you could do. I think there is no way Stewart meant to hit him. Looks like their was a car inside of Stewart so he could not go low.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:54 pm 

there's good arguments for both sides

He hit him
-Stewart has been a pro driver longer than a lot of posters have been born here.... all forms of racing....championship caliber. He also has one of the worst tempers ever.

He didn't hit him
-Dark out
- Why would he intentionally try to kill someone?