It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: James Miami vs Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm 

I think that Cleveland fans are delusional. Why would you go back to your ex girlfriend after shes been talking shit ever since you left?

But I don't think that Miami should be trying to get the band back together. If I were them I'd be trying to send Bosh to Houston and sign Kevin Love to less than max money, convince Wade to stop stealing money take a pay cut and go get a couple big men up front to make things easier on the team. Perimeter shooting woes can happen at any time and the Heat had way too many scoring swings this year that could be eliminated if they had a guy in the middle soaking up rebounds and blocking an occasional shot.

Post subject: Re: James Miami vs Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 am 

James agent has got him in a bind.

If he doesn't go to Cleveland now, he's going to be hated even more by everyone not a fan of whatever team he's on.

If he does, he's going to a team with an unproven roster (albeit one with lots of potential).

I think he goes to Cleveland. He wants to be the GOAT. If he just sticks in Miami with the big 3, it's going to be a big fat asterisk. He needs to will a team to a championship or two, and he knows it. He can do that in Cleveland. Plus, what a great narrative that would be.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:12 am 

And Cleveland fans should enthusiastically welcome him back and forgive him for leaving, if only so that someone under age 70 might eventually remember their city winning something if he can pull it off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 am 

I think it'd be a good move to go back to Cleveland. Pair up with Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins. I think with James they're an instant playoff contender.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 am 

I live in South Florida, so I desperately hope he goes back to Cleveland just so I can constantly stick it in the face of all these bandwagon Heat "fans" down here. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like he's got as good a chance to win back in Cleveland. So if he goes there it's for redemption. That Gilbert letter didn't come down off the site until a couple days ago so i'm wondering how much that letter is playing a role in all this. But you really can't blame the ex-girlfriend for talking shit. Lebron brought it on himself with the way he left. 4-5 years later The Decision looks every bit as bad as it did then. He wasn't hated because he left, he was hated for how he left. He knew he was leaving, he was working all these back room deals with Riley & Co. and while knowing that he drug the whole thing out and really left the Cavs in a lurch as far as making alternate arrangements. He strung them along and was dishonest with them about their chances throughout at least most of the process. I don't blame Gilbert one bit for that letter. I would have left out the part about the Cavs winning before Lebron, but everything else was a perfect reflection of what everyone there felt. And now Lebron has put himself in another tough decision back in Ohio. Now he's got them thinking he'll come back, and if he doesn't follow through on it he'll be hated all over again. I'd love to know what was discussed between Lebron and Gilbert this time around. I wonder how apologetic Gilbert was about the split years ago. And I would hope hope Lebron owned up to his part in it, because he fucked it up every bit as bad as Gilbert did.

Personally, I hope Lebron bolts for some surprise 3rd team like Houston or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:00 am 

CaptainFantastik wrote:
I live in South Florida, so I desperately hope he goes back to Cleveland just so I can constantly stick it in the face of all these bandwagon Heat "fans" down here. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like he's got as good a chance to win back in Cleveland. So if he goes there it's for redemption. That Gilbert letter didn't come down off the site until a couple days ago so i'm wondering how much that letter is playing a role in all this. But you really can't blame the ex-girlfriend for talking shit. Lebron brought it on himself with the way he left. 4-5 years later The Decision looks every bit as bad as it did then. He wasn't hated because he left, he was hated for how he left. He knew he was leaving, he was working all these back room deals with Riley & Co. and while knowing that he drug the whole thing out and really left the Cavs in a lurch as far as making alternate arrangements. He strung them along and was dishonest with them about their chances throughout at least most of the process. I don't blame Gilbert one bit for that letter. I would have left out the part about the Cavs winning before Lebron, but everything else was a perfect reflection of what everyone there felt. And now Lebron has put himself in another tough decision back in Ohio. Now he's got them thinking he'll come back, and if he doesn't follow through on it he'll be hated all over again. I'd love to know what was discussed between Lebron and Gilbert this time around. I wonder how apologetic Gilbert was about the split years ago. And I would hope hope Lebron owned up to his part in it, because he fucked it up every bit as bad as Gilbert did.

Personally, I hope Lebron bolts for some surprise 3rd team like Houston or something.

Great article from Nate Silver.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/leb ... cleveland/

He actually thinks Houston is the best place for Lebron to go, if he's looking to win a championship. Projects out to 69 wins with him on the roster (second best is Clips with 66 wins; Cavs and Heat both around 52).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm 

CaptainFantastik wrote:
I live in South Florida, so I desperately hope he goes back to Cleveland just so I can constantly stick it in the face of all these bandwagon Heat "fans" down here.

South Florida! I hope he leaves so some of the huge Heat fans in Baltimore will be outed! lol There's one guy, last winter, HIS Ravens where eliminated in December, so he was like, "Well at least MY Ravens won the Super Bowl last year, this year, I'll just have to start rooting for MY Heat early!" I can't wait to ask him if he's been following HIS Heat next January if LeBron is anywhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:04 pm 

Cleveland it is!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... cavaliers/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:14 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:

Great article from Nate Silver.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/leb ... cleveland/

He actually thinks Houston is the best place for Lebron to go, if he's looking to win a championship. Projects out to 69 wins with him on the roster (second best is Clips with 66 wins; Cavs and Heat both around 52).

Looks like Nate Silver's bad week continues.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:20 pm 

Pet peeve of mine...

Nate Silver doesn't make predictions. He analyzes stats and describes the statistical predictions.

Even here, he didn't say "LeBron will go to [not cleveland/miami]." He just said the stats show he'd be better off elsewhere if he wants to win a 'ship this year.