It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saratoga racing season opens Friday 7/18
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:09 pm 

Colorful 40 days at a historic place. If you haven't, try to visit.

Post subject: Re: Saratoga racing season opens Friday 7/18
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 am 

My favorite harness venue ever, also easiest to handicap. You can get on the rail and watch for the telling details during warmups with plenty of time to get to the windows. In 71 I took an incredibly hot young lady who just got her first post college job to the track. My handicapping was as hot as she was, won first 5 races, didn't even need to hedge and parlayed everything. $20 became $680. I covered her next rent payment. She paid me back. Somethings you never forget.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:30 pm 

Wicked Strong runs Saturday in the Jim Dandy, looking for a good performance.

Trotters at the Spa were a history lesson. 10-1 and 20-1 daily double one night came back $18.50, you had to be in on the know. Fans at the top of the stretch were.

Wicked Strong won the Jim Dandy, now the Travers 8/23. Possibly a match race with Untapable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 am 

hopalong wrote:
Wicked Strong runs Saturday in the Jim Dandy, looking for a good performance.

Trotters at the Spa were a history lesson. 10-1 and 20-1 daily double one night came back $18.50, you had to be in on the know. Fans at the top of the stretch were.

Wicked Strong won the Jim Dandy, now the Travers 8/23. Possibly a match race with Untapable.

The truth about Art's haul at Saratoga wouldn't be believed or accepted by many of the morons that post here. What skill; divergent routes, same destination. It's comedic that neither the uneducated nor those that think they know are flying the same carpet of stupidity; the only difference being the former have no assets to grab. Rather have inside of the Vancouver SE.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:07 pm 

ART WAS BEYOND CLASSIC! I SAW HIM GIVE THE NUNS CASH AS HE LEFT SARATOGA'S TRACK ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. AND NOT $20'S. VERY GENEROUS PERSON.

SON TIM CAME THE CLOSEST TO FOLLOWING HIM, OWNING, RACING AND BREEDING. NORMALLY SEE HIM AT THE SARATOGA SALES NEXT WEEK.

ON THE ELEVATOR AT OLD WATERFORD PARK IN THE 60'S A TIPSTER GAVE HIM A COUPLE OF WINNERS FROM THE 3RD FLOOR TO THE FIRST ON THE ELEVATOR. graciously WE ALL COLLECTED.

WICKED STRONG WILL RUN 8/23 IN THE TRAVERS, LIKELY FAVORITE. ENJOY.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 am 

hopalong wrote:
ART WAS BEYOND CLASSIC! I SAW HIM GIVE THE NUNS CASH AS HE LEFT SARATOGA'S TRACK ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. AND NOT $20'S. VERY GENEROUS PERSON.

SON TIM CAME THE CLOSEST TO FOLLOWING HIM, OWNING, RACING AND BREEDING. NORMALLY SEE HIM AT THE SARATOGA SALES NEXT WEEK.

ON THE ELEVATOR AT OLD WATERFORD PARK IN THE 60'S A TIPSTER GAVE HIM A COUPLE OF WINNERS FROM THE 3RD FLOOR TO THE FIRST ON THE ELEVATOR. graciously WE ALL COLLECTED.

WICKED STRONG WILL RUN 8/23 IN THE TRAVERS, LIKELY FAVORITE. ENJOY.

Bred & raced trotters, did the Yonkers circuit. Tim wouldn't tolerate bullshit, he was accessible, a real gift in dealing with all elements, wanted at least the image of clean. Also cutting edge at the time with Big Blue 360's processing parimutuls. Art was a complete paradox, could get as down & dirty as anyone could help out migrant stable hands who hadn't got paid because the owner tapped out. Every industry has its idiosyncrasies, takes enormous levels of everything to run a track. Outsiders could never understand.

I'll watch W Strong. I hope he draws inside hole, seen a lot of savvy drivers box in favs up there forcing them wide on stretch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:58 pm 

He's on the flat track, no sulkies.

Nominated today along with 14 other 3 yr. olds for the Travers. 8/23, 6PM on NBC EDT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:03 pm 

LED THE ENTIRE STRETCH TO THE LAST JUMP, COST US $400,000K. RACE IS ON THE BLOODHORSE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm 

Gold Cup 9/27 at 5 pm this Saturday. On the NBC Sports network. Chance for Wicked Strong for Horse of the Year honors.

DREW POST POSITION #3, BOXING THE 3/8/10. POST TIME IS 5:50 PM ON NBCSN PROGRAM STARTS AT 5:30 PM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:12 pm 

CUT OFF AND FELL MAKING HIS MOVE ON THE TURN. FLAGRANT FOUL BY ALVARADO WHO RIDES FOR THE SAME STABLE. RAJIV HIS JOCKEY HAS A BROKEN RIGHT ARM, LUCKY FOR THAT ALONE. WICKED STRONG IS OKAY AFTER THE RACE.