It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone catch A Slayer show in this last tour?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:11 pm 

Cool-I'll check him out.

A decade ago I got into Ryan Bingham thanks to hardnosed. Wore out his album 'Mescalito' back in 2007/08.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:47 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Cool-I'll check him out.

A decade ago I got into Ryan Bingham thanks to hardnosed. Wore out his album 'Mescalito' back in 2007/08.

I was in a shitty metal band in HS. A bit older than Ryan, but he went to our high school and would occasionally hang out in our garage while we jammed. Clearly he had more talent than us. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 pm 

You’ve got to post some pics of yourself from those metal band days Lit...

A bit different but when I was in 8th grade Tesla played at my school dance. They were a local club band that at the time went by the name City Kidd. Our principle was buddies with thier original manager.

Shortly after they were signed, changed the name, and released Mechanical Resonance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Cool-I'll check him out.

I was in a shitty metal band in HS. A bit older than Ryan, but he went to our high school and would occasionally hang out in our garage while we jammed. Clearly he had more talent than us. :lol:

Did he have that 3 packs of smokes a day voice back then?

Funny how this thread went from Slayer to country music. Today I was driving for a few hours through one thunderstorm after another. Sheets of rain, 18 wheelers barreling by. I said fuck it and played 'Seasons in the Abyss' at 10.
Surreal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 pm 

Ok. Yeah. Country music sucks, imo. With the exception of some people mentioned.

But willie nelson straddles the line. And how the fuck can anyone not like Patsy Cline?

And fwiw, I never liked headbanger music. Gives me a fucking headache unless there is some kind of musicianship or interesting compositions. But I know "composition" is subject to interpretation.

And I also wonder about lit and his heavy metal band. You know there are tapes, that have been digitized. Send them along to B2B and he can showcase them on an intro to a podcast. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:35 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Ok. Yeah. Country music sucks, imo. With the exception of some people mentioned.

But willie nelson straddles the line. And how the fuck can anyone not like Patsy Cline?

And fwiw, I never liked headbanger music. Gives me a fucking headache unless there is some kind of musicianship or interesting compositions. But I know "composition" is subject to interpretation.

And I also wonder about lit and his heavy metal band. You know there are tapes, that have been digitized. Send them along to B2B and he can showcase them on an intro to a podcast. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 pm 

Quote:
And how the fuck can anyone not like Patsy Cline?

When it comes to country, I’m MUCH MUCH more discriminating of the males than females.

Waylon, Hank Jr., Cash, Willie. Don’t care much for the rest.

Cline is great.

In terms of today’s artist, I’d leave on Twain, Hill, even Underwood depending on the song.

Will never catch me listening to the bubble gum male artist of today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

If Lit doesn't bite, I am in a metal band and we have five albums and and two EPs of mostly instrumental music to choose from. :twisted:

Come to think of it, maybe that is something that deserves a thread. A lot of metalheads here and i'd wager one or two probably have or had a band at some point...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:28 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Cool-I'll check him out.

Did he have that 3 packs of smokes a day voice back then?

Funny how this thread went from Slayer to country music. Today I was driving for a few hours through one thunderstorm after another. Sheets of rain, 18 wheelers barreling by. I said fuck it and played 'Seasons in the Abyss' at 10.
Surreal.

Nice choice.

I'll admit I can listen to all kinds of music. I listened to some country because my 1st wife had it on all the time in any room you walked into in our house it seemed. There's some good stuff out there even some "newer" stuff. It's the older stuff 20+ yrs older stuff that I could never listen too. I always gravitate towards rock/metal but I can listen to all kinds of music.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.

:lol:

LOL, come on man. That would be epic!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next