It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm 

As a follow on for fellow citizens only recourse on following through around term limits and article 5 foundations.

at your local state level get on the proper train and make sure your state votes.

https://conventionofstates.com/

this is the only way it becomes reality

Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 am 

I would rather have open primaries. Get rid of the party primaries. It is a root the extremism on both sides.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm 

jebrick wrote:
I would rather have open primaries. Get rid of the party primaries. It is a root the extremism on both sides.

I think the fact a Libertarian candidate basically can't even get elected to Congress, much less get on a Presidential debate stage, really speaks to how the two parties and their media propaganda arms rig the system.

Takes a guy with name recognition like Trump (even if he ran as a Repub), or a huge spender like Perot to break that cabal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 am 

Open primaries are a terrible idea. Look at what happens in California where they are the law. It allows for a lot of party mischief.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Open primaries are a terrible idea. Look at what happens in California where they are the law. It allows for a lot of party mischief.

You will have to explain that to me. i can only guess that the parties have the money to spend where the independent does not.

edit: I think you misunderstood what I meant by open primaries. I mean 1 primary for everyone. Top two vote getters move on to the general elections. No party primaries. people running must appeal to all of the voters in the district/state. A friend told me this was called a jungle primary ( a term I have never heard before but it is what I am describing).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm 

I don't have a problem with that idea. The problem with open primaries is that the opposing party sabotages the best candidate of the other party in the primary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I don't have a problem with that idea. The problem with open primaries is that the opposing party sabotages the best candidate of the other party in the primary.

So nothing really changes then? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am 

A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm 

jebrick wrote:
A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little

That's a very good point.

Then you see how ignorant the average voter is on, well, pretty much every issue and wonder if any of it really even matters. The reason money wins campaigns is simply because voters are dumb/lazy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
jebrick wrote:

That's a very good point.

Then you see how ignorant the average voter is on, well, pretty much every issue and wonder if any of it really even matters. The reason money wins campaigns is simply because voters are dumb/lazy.

I am amazed how stupid the average person in America is.. well stupid is the wrong word.. maybe uninformed, narrow minded, gullible..
Most are just sheep piled up in front of the gate waiting for it to open to the slaughter house...

The ones that make me laugh the most is when reporters go to a school and ask students what they think of said candidate's position but they have swapped names ie Hillary for Trump..

I just hope I am dead and gone before that group of people are old enough to be in charge..