It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
As a follow on for fellow citizens only recourse on following through around term limits and article 5 foundations.

at your local state level get on the proper train and make sure your state votes.

https://conventionofstates.com/

this is the only way it becomes reality

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3001
I would rather have open primaries. Get rid of the party primaries. It is a root the extremism on both sides.

_________________
"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10426
jebrick wrote:
I would rather have open primaries. Get rid of the party primaries. It is a root the extremism on both sides.


I think the fact a Libertarian candidate basically can't even get elected to Congress, much less get on a Presidential debate stage, really speaks to how the two parties and their media propaganda arms rig the system.

Takes a guy with name recognition like Trump (even if he ran as a Repub), or a huge spender like Perot to break that cabal.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3648
Open primaries are a terrible idea. Look at what happens in California where they are the law. It allows for a lot of party mischief.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3001
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Open primaries are a terrible idea. Look at what happens in California where they are the law. It allows for a lot of party mischief.


You will have to explain that to me. i can only guess that the parties have the money to spend where the independent does not.

edit: I think you misunderstood what I meant by open primaries. I mean 1 primary for everyone. Top two vote getters move on to the general elections. No party primaries. people running must appeal to all of the voters in the district/state. A friend told me this was called a jungle primary ( a term I have never heard before but it is what I am describing).

_________________
"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3648
I don't have a problem with that idea. The problem with open primaries is that the opposing party sabotages the best candidate of the other party in the primary.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4216
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I don't have a problem with that idea. The problem with open primaries is that the opposing party sabotages the best candidate of the other party in the primary.


So nothing really changes then? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3001
A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little

_________________
"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10426
jebrick wrote:
A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little


That's a very good point.

Then you see how ignorant the average voter is on, well, pretty much every issue and wonder if any of it really even matters. The reason money wins campaigns is simply because voters are dumb/lazy.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you really want term limits....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:48 am
Posts: 318
Kodiak wrote:
jebrick wrote:
A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little


That's a very good point.

Then you see how ignorant the average voter is on, well, pretty much every issue and wonder if any of it really even matters. The reason money wins campaigns is simply because voters are dumb/lazy.


I am amazed how stupid the average person in America is.. well stupid is the wrong word.. maybe uninformed, narrow minded, gullible..
Most are just sheep piled up in front of the gate waiting for it to open to the slaughter house...

The ones that make me laugh the most is when reporters go to a school and ask students what they think of said candidate's position but they have swapped names ie Hillary for Trump..

I just hope I am dead and gone before that group of people are old enough to be in charge..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donnie Brasco, Louis Lipps Service and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group