It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Van's get you through the week song
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:03 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Baris Manco was a superstar in Turkey. He was equal parts Pink Floyd, James Brown, and Elvis. This tune from 1973 is some trippy, funky mastery. Dig those fat ass hip hop drums! Love me some Baris, even if I have no clue what he's singing about.

This is the biggest pile of dogshit i've ever heard.

Won't be for everyone, but I love 60s and 70s Turkish psych rock. And I am not alone.

Looking at the cover design, it is an a priori truth that the music must be good. :lol:

Try his music in a mix, perhaps.
https://soundcloud.com/elzr-p/stones-th ... ix-by-egon

This mix by Egon from Now-Again Records (and excellent reissue label and unearther of all manner of unjustly forgot delights) and Stones Throw nearly broke the internet a few years back when it came out. Record heads far and wide freaked out, me among them.

You might prefer Erkin Koray, often refered to as the "Jimi Hendrix" of Turkey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRzVbihqVw

This guy definitely looks like a B side picture of a young Weird Al's alter ego.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:03 am 
R S wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Baris Manco was a superstar in Turkey. He was equal parts Pink Floyd, James Brown, and Elvis. This tune from 1973 is some trippy, funky mastery. Dig those fat ass hip hop drums! Love me some Baris, even if I have no clue what he's singing about.

This is the biggest pile of dogshit i've ever heard.

agree...a massive sea trench of suck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 am 
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
That Turk video reminded me of the crazy scene with M. Brando in Apocalypse Now, where I went WTF? Just wierd...maybe the language barrier contributed to it, not sure. Just didn't fit the vibe of the tune. Different era maybe.

That video made me LOL. I was like oh, hell no.

The company I work for is a Turkish group. Maybe I'll mention the name or play the video and see what kind of response I get from one of the Turkish guys that come over.

dont......

i gaurantee anyone with any class will find that abusive

itd be like taking a client to dinner at McPukes....and you made reservations

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:08 am 
R S wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
That Turk video reminded me of the crazy scene with M. Brando in Apocalypse Now, where I went WTF? Just wierd...maybe the language barrier contributed to it, not sure. Just didn't fit the vibe of the tune. Different era maybe.

The company I work for is a Turkish group. Maybe I'll mention the name or play the video and see what kind of response I get from one of the Turkish guys that come over.

They probably don't like that shit either. Just weird Americans.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:18 am 

VanWilder wrote:

Baris Manco is a household name in Turkey. I was joking with a Turkish student I had a few semesters back about Baris. He laughed at me and said that's what his parents listen to. Young people in Turkey listen to hip hop now just like young people every where else on the planet. He was pretty shocked I knew about Baris. When I say he was big in Turkey (he died several years ago) I mean he was like the Beatles. Everybody in Tureky knows who Baris Manco is. They'll probably think you're weird for knowing about him though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:13 pm 
Ive been listening to a band thats HUGE in Sweden for years

Orshki Borshki

They are kind like an acid rock jimi hendrix inspired traditional Swedish folk mixed with an Asian Soul Funk and Afghani Blues band

Theyve only released vinyl albums in Poland.....so they are kinda hard to find....their 1st album Orshki Borshki Gangbangski Guitarlosolm is a true masterpiece.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm 

idiot ^^^^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 pm 
R S wrote:
idiot ^^^^

Says the guy with the Bradshaw avatar thats not gay at all :lol:

you dont like Orshki Borshki ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:13 pm 

SteelerVHilts wrote:
Ive been listening to a band thats HUGE in Sweden for years

Orshki Borshki

They are kind like an acid rock jimi hendrix inspired traditional Swedish folk mixed with an Asian Soul Funk and Afghani Blues band

Theyve only released vinyl albums in Poland.....so they are kinda hard to find....their 1st album Orshki Borshki Gangbangski Guitarlosolm is a true masterpiece.....

That's some funny shit right there!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:54 pm 

SteelerVHilts wrote:
Ive been sucking these guys' dicks for years

Orshki Borshki

Never heard of them, thanks for the tip.

Speaking of Swedish psych rock, here's the due whom DJ Shadow sampled on Mutual Slump. Nasty drums. Enjoy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next