It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Connecticut HS track and field
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:50 pm 

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/hi ... ete-debate

Transgenders finish #1 and #2 in Girls 55 meter Fair or not Fair?

Post subject: Re: Connecticut HS track and field
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:29 pm 

This is where we are folks...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:48 pm 

Personally I am against the whole thing but they at least all get a participation award nowadays. So they got that going for them. I think Alaska had a big deal about this in the last 2 years or so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm 

R S wrote:
http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/highschoolsports/ci_32474641/connecticut-runners-part-transgender-athlete-debate

Transgenders finish #1 and #2 in Girls 55 meter Fair or not Fair?

Didn’t read link but if dudes are hormoning to become female or had surgery or just ID as women, whatever it is, I don’t see how it’s not an unfair advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm 

I think its fair to say catering to the transgenders in this manner is a set back for real women's rights. This scenario is happening more and more often. Do some googling.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:13 pm 

Didn't the world deal with this in professional tennis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9e_Richards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:53 am 

R S wrote:
I think its fair to say catering to the transgenders in this manner is a set back for real women's rights. This scenario is happening more and more often. Do some googling.

I would say you’re reaching.

Other than (dumbly) letting transgender women compete against biologically sexed women, how are women’s rights being eroded?

On the other hand, if we’re dealing with HS sports and you have a trans kid that wants to compete, it’s complicated. Hard enough being a gay teen. I’m sure being a trans teen is all kinds of fucked up. You sincerely don’t identify with your biological sex and you want to compete. What’s the response? Well, we’re sincerely sorry that you’re a freak, but you’ll have an unfair advantage. There’s some truth in that but let’s not forget to be compassionate. These are human beings, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:30 am 

people are afraid to hurt feelings or ruffle feathers. The response would be "we will support you as much as we can but you competing against the girls would not be be fair for them for biological and physiological reasons". The End. If you're a trans I imigine you've dealt with much more/worse pain and disappointment than that.

But that would bring out the crazy parents, the "rights" groups.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:33 am 

Don't you think its a kick in the gash to women to have a biological man show up to their sporting events and dominate the field???!!! Women have fought for a long time for fair and equal sporting opportunities. So my question is how couldn't you think its an infrared ngement on those rights?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:27 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:

Other than (dumbly) letting transgender women compete against biologically sexed women, how are women’s rights being eroded?

On the other hand, if we’re dealing with HS sports and you have a trans kid that wants to compete, it’s complicated. Hard enough being a gay teen. I’m sure being a trans teen is all kinds of fucked up. You sincerely don’t identify with your biological sex and you want to compete. What’s the response? Well, we’re sincerely sorry that you’re a freak, but you’ll have an unfair advantage. There’s some truth in that but let’s not forget to be compassionate. These are human beings, too.

My concern is that when you cater too much to the .01%, the other 99.99% are probably losing out on something. And that's a dangerous, in my opinion. If you're one of those .01% right now, you can pretty much do whatever you want and no one is allowed to say "no".

I don't believe they should ever be harassed, and no one should ever make the lives of such people any more turbulent than it already is. But at the same time, they need to understand they are a very small majority and it's just not practical to cater to ever single person all of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:18 pm 

This is going to come to a shock to many posters here.

Until I get scientific evidence that hormone treatments can reverse testosterone (and even then I'm skeptical), I'm a bit hesitant in allowing transgender (male to female) athletes to compete with female athletes. Renee Richards was fortunate enough to have male hormones develop muscles and tendons and bones. Although I've heard progesterone mitigates those advancements. I need more facts and data. But politics gets in the way, and many that dismiss it outright dominate the debate. Besides, Richards simply wasn't a good tennis player in the category of his/ her peers.

It's a conundrum. Not sure how to solve this problem. i.e. dealing with people that want to compete/ and where do they compete. Difficult question. I can see both sides.

Last edited by COR-TEN on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:43 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:

My concern is that when you cater too much to the .01%, the other 99.99% are probably losing out on something. And that's a dangerous, in my opinion. If you're one of those .01% right now, you can pretty much do whatever you want and no one is allowed to say "no".

I don't believe they should ever be harassed, and no one should ever make the lives of such people any more turbulent than it already is. But at the same time, they need to understand they are a very small majority and it's just not practical to cater to ever single person all of the time.

Justice is not catering.

I do not think transgender women should be able to compete because I rather doubt it is fair. I only wished to point out that it is complicated. Especially at the high school level.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm 

R S wrote:
Don't you think its a kick in the gash to women to have a biological man show up to their sporting events and dominate the field???!!! Women have fought for a long time for fair and equal sporting opportunities. So my question is how couldn't you think its an infrared ngement on those rights?

I do think it is unfair, absolutely.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 am 

A biological man competing in MMA destroyed a woman's face.

A biological man competed in powerlifting in Minnesota and won by 135 lbs.

Ze must be awfully proud of zimself.

There is going to be a death with this nonsense.

The L in LGBT is going to be awfully pissed when T destroys women's sports.

The solution is to have a T division and no one will watch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
It's a conundrum. Not sure how to solve this problem. i.e. dealing with people that want to compete/ and where do they compete. Difficult question. I can see both sides.

My thought is simple. If you want to have an open event/tournament where anyone can compete against anyone then have at it. I also think that 14 to 18 year olds should not be the fighting ground for this fight. I am sure some of you remember that being in HS is not always an easy road for kids to hoe adding more stress and pressure to these kids lives is a bit a a dick move and unfair to the kids.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:31 am 

stillthere wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

My thought is simple. If you want to have an open event/tournament where anyone can compete against anyone then have at it. I also think that 14 to 18 year olds should not be the fighting ground for this fight. I am sure some of you remember that being in HS is not always an easy road for kids to hoe adding more stress and pressure to these kids lives is a bit a a dick move and unfair to the kids.

I’m sure that was said many times about racial integration and gay rights, too.

Dan has it. If you must, do regional or statewide meets for trans students. But it’s an unfair advantage for biologically sexed males to compete against biologically sexed females.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:41 am 

This is going to hit the fan at an Olympics.

Remember, why were we so outraged at the East German women's swim team in the 1980s?

Or Ben Johnson?

The only thing you can do now in this climate is have M, F, and T categories.

Of course, that won't be enough for the intersectionalists who will want 79 categories.

By the way, why do the Oscars still have separate male and female categories? That's a situation where ability really is independent of sex. Shouldn't it be best actor in a drama, and best actor in comedy or musical regardless of sex?

BTW here is Rachel McKinnon, asshole and malignant narcissist:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm 

This is oddly similar to the situation with the guy running on blades destroying the competition in track. It was ruled an unfair advantage, and the case was quickly closed without much uproar. The difference here is really only political, but that's a significant difference in today's climate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Didn’t read link but if dudes are hormoning to become female or had surgery or just ID as women, whatever it is, I don’t see how it’s not an unfair advantage.

I would say guys taking hormones still have an advantage on par with women taking steroids and other PEDs. A year of hormones isn't going to wipe out the muscle you've built over your entire life, nor is it changing the genetics