It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 am 

How about we've now seen a mini-horde of zombies munch on a horse and a deer? There's just no fucking way those things are catching wild animals. Only humans are slow enough and dumb enough to be zombie dinner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 am 

Kodiak wrote:
How about we've now seen a mini-horde of zombies munch on a horse and a deer? There's just no fucking way those things are catching wild animals. Only humans are slow enough and dumb enough to be zombie dinner.

A horse might be used to humans and let them get close I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Yep.

Deer definitely wouldn't though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:59 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Yep.

Deer definitely wouldn't though.

But if the deer is surrounded by 50-100 maybe he couldn't get through that very easily and would go down?

LOL, it's just fiction! They wanted to make us think Rick had died, I didn't buy it for a second.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 am 

I'm actually a big Morgan hater! The asshole has been the one preventing the fight with the Saviors and then he kills Richard! I actually liked Richard, he was actually a guy who was angry and willing to go to war. Then Morgan with his pacifist bull shit prevents the fight for 3-4 episodes, then kills the guy who was willing to stand up for his rights all along.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I'm actually a big Morgan hater! The asshole has been the one preventing the fight with the Saviors and then he kills Richard! I actually liked Richard, he was actually a guy who was angry and willing to go to war. Then Morgan with his pacifist bull shit prevents the fight for 3-4 episodes, then kills the guy who was willing to stand up for his rights all along.

Yeah, I thought they kind of whiffed on this. They wanted us to see Morgan's struggle, and maybe transformation....but mostly they just made us like him less.

But Morgan also quoted Richard almost exactly. I think it was a combination he was pissed at Richard, and also realizing that Richard was right about "convincing the Saviors they could move on".

However, to go from basically pacifist to sacrificing, unnecessarily IMO, a soldier seemed out-of-character and overly contrived. It's crap like this that they pull routinely that makes you wish they'd stop trying to look smart and just deliver good, mindless entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:34 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Yeah, I thought they kind of whiffed on this. They wanted us to see Morgan's struggle, and maybe transformation....but mostly they just made us like him less.

But Morgan also quoted Richard almost exactly. I think it was a combination he was pissed at Richard, and also realizing that Richard was right about "convincing the Saviors they could move on".

However, to go from basically pacifist to sacrificing, unnecessarily IMO, a soldier seemed out-of-character and overly contrived. It's crap like this that they pull routinely that makes you wish they'd stop trying to look smart and just deliver good, mindless entertainment.

Agreed. I haven't been impressed at all with the writing this season. Like I've said before, most of it seems like contrived material created for no other reason than filler before the eventual climax.

I was really excited about this season after Negan was introduced last season. But they've spent so much time beating around the bush with any real plot development and just nonsensical writing, I feel it's really been a squandered opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 pm 

Richard got the kid killed, with a questionable move, but still, I actually see him as a hero, he was willing to die for his country. He made a mistake, but I'd hate to eliminate a guy with his patriotism and passion before the war even starts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:55 pm 

Another real stinker. Good lord that was a waste, even for a show KNOWN to abuse filler episodes that was a very bold and arrogant display of a complete lack of respect for the viewer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Another real stinker. Good lord that was a waste, even for a show KNOWN to abuse filler episodes that was a very bold and arrogant display of a complete lack of respect for the viewer.

Just a horrible horrible episode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next