It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1740
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I don't read the comics, so is there a lot in the story line after Negan dies?


I've gotten most of the story from Wikipedia/Internet. I don't care enough about the show to worry if I'm spoiling anything.

And what are you really going to spoil? This show is nothing more, now, than going from one conflict with another survivor community to the next.

I'm about done with the show - I'm more interested in seeing an actual move toward rebuilding and re-connecting society. The whole "warring clan" thing is completely played out.

Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people. And why are there few/none with former military experience? Where's the community led by a former Army colonel kicking ass and taking names?


Or just the military in general. It's like the entire military just disappeared. I don't think a bunch of roving bands of thugs are going to take out the entire US military in the couple years the story has taken place.

And the almost completely harmless zombie population sure as hell isn't going to do it. Some chick with a sword can take down 20 zombies by herself, but we're supposed to believe Navy SEALs and Green Berets with a full arsenal never stood a chance?

A prison with a chain link fence was able to keep hordes of zombies at bay, but none of the military bases survived?

There isn't a single air force installation still operable that isn't carpet bombing the hordes of zombies into oblivion?

There's just a lot of things about the story are conveniently forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Upstate NY
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I don't read the comics, so is there a lot in the story line after Negan dies?


I've gotten most of the story from Wikipedia/Internet. I don't care enough about the show to worry if I'm spoiling anything.

And what are you really going to spoil? This show is nothing more, now, than going from one conflict with another survivor community to the next.

I'm about done with the show - I'm more interested in seeing an actual move toward rebuilding and re-connecting society. The whole "warring clan" thing is completely played out.

Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people. And why are there few/none with former military experience? Where's the community led by a former Army colonel kicking ass and taking names?


Or just the military in general. It's like the entire military just disappeared. I don't think a bunch of roving bands of thugs are going to take out the entire US military in the couple years the story has taken place.

And the almost completely harmless zombie population sure as hell isn't going to do it. Some chick with a sword can take down 20 zombies by herself, but we're supposed to believe Navy SEALs and Green Berets with a full arsenal never stood a chance?

A prison with a chain link fence was able to keep hordes of zombies at bay, but none of the military bases survived?

There isn't a single air force installation still operable that isn't carpet bombing the hordes of zombies into oblivion?

There's just a lot of things about the story are conveniently forgotten.


Or that fact that in the timeframe of the show zombies would of totally decomposed into nothing.

So many wtf's im sure it's why the original creative writers of the show dropped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Or that fact that in the timeframe of the show zombies would of totally decomposed into nothing.

So many wtf's im sure it's why the original creative writers of the show dropped.


That's why there aren't many left out there and aren't much of a threat. Supposedly they can go into an extremely low metabolic "hibernation" state. But Negan mentioned a problem with his walker-wall literally decomposing and falling apart.

As for the military, yeah that's a fairly big hole. The zombies move too slow, and the turning process happens too slowly, to over-run anything, much less trained armies. I've never watched the prequel series (and have no interest in doing so), but how the zombie "herd" reached critical mass is hard to resolve based on what we know.

For comparison, The Strain did the outbreak and spread very well.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
Here's another good one for ya....it's been at least two years - gasoline goes bad long before then.

If you took gas/cars out of the equation, the dynamic changes massively.

I want to see these people start running out of shit - candles, propane, batteries, etc..

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13532
Why I have stopped watching. Too insufferable with the melodrama/soap opera crap. Not the real feel IT started out with, anymore.
Fear the Walking Dead has managed to keep my attention. Once that series returns I'll be intrigued. It's still fairly young in it's inception though so we'll see how things unfold.
Into the Badlands has returned and I've started to warm up to that series. The first season wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Still young in it's inception too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Upstate NY
Kodiak wrote:
Here's another good one for ya....it's been at least two years - gasoline goes bad long before then.

If you took gas/cars out of the equation, the dynamic changes massively.

I want to see these people start running out of shit - candles, propane, batteries, etc..



Didn't really know that gas would go bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13532
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Here's another good one for ya....it's been at least two years - gasoline goes bad long before then.

If you took gas/cars out of the equation, the dynamic changes massively.

I want to see these people start running out of shit - candles, propane, batteries, etc..



Didn't really know that gas would go bad.

http://www.livescience.com/58117-does-g ... o-bad.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Upstate NY
Steelafan77 wrote:
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Here's another good one for ya....it's been at least two years - gasoline goes bad long before then.

If you took gas/cars out of the equation, the dynamic changes massively.

I want to see these people start running out of shit - candles, propane, batteries, etc..



Didn't really know that gas would go bad.

http://www.livescience.com/58117-does-g ... o-bad.html



(we need a thumbs up emoticon)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3765
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people.


In the USA? I find it totally believable! All of our real leaders are sociopaths and crazy people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
Nick79 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Quite honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that, in the US, so many of these communities would be run by sociopaths and crazy people.


In the USA? I find it totally believable! All of our real leaders are sociopaths and crazy people.


Exactly.

We're turning into the asshole of planet Earth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3765
Steelcody36 wrote:
Exactly.

We're turning into the asshole of planet Earth.


Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" ? It is hilarious, but also seems to me like an exaggerated version of the actual 'Murica we live in now, where some people are proud of being stupid. In the movie, the wrestling champion (Think WWE) becomes president, is a reality TV Star much different. LOL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5500
Nick79 wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Exactly.

We're turning into the asshole of planet Earth.


Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" ? It is hilarious, but also seems to me like an exaggerated version of the actual 'Murica we live in now, where some people are proud of being stupid. In the movie, the wrestling champion (Think WWE) becomes president, is a reality TV Star much different. LOL.


I agree. And we essentially had bozo the clown as president for 8 years! LOL Crazy isn't it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13532
http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment ... ?a=viewall

Number 4 really stands out as the main reason why I stopped. Combine that to Number 10. Number 10 was the main reason why I struggled maintaining viewer loyalty early on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5500
many of the other reasons can be overcome if the show is exciting. If's it's boring, you're done.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
Filler and spacing is an issue when the acting and writing aren't up to task. They want to be a drama, but they don't know how to truly give characters depth.

If you watch The Americans, then you've seen how drama works when done right.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13532
Found this today and felt compelled to post it. So right on. :lol:


Quote:
Jksswage 5 hours ago
I read that this season Negan will make a lot of snarky comments and menacing faces. Rick will make several heroic speeches and brave stances which will backfire leaving him with an utterly bewilder look on his face for entire episodes. Carl and Enid will do something meaningless and monotonous to fill in spaces where they couldn't think of anything to write. Maggie will look brave a whole bunch of times. Jesus will almost but not quite actually do anything. Morgan will suffer in moral agony about something. Carol will get real mad and then get real mad about getting real mad. Daryl's hair will stay greasy and stringy and his self-replicating crossbow bolts will never run out. The tiger dude will say something witty. The big dude with the axe will grin and eat something. The zombies will occasionally show up making chainsaw noises no one can hear for some reason. The junk yard lady will go back the 1960's British show The Prisoner where she obviously time transported in from. Eugene will still have the best mullet on tv, and he and it will do something reprehensible. The remaining accessory characters will occasionally get shot or punched or put everyone in a precarious spot where they nearly get everyone else killed but don't. Michonne will look uber serious about something and chop the heck out of whatever it was. And the cars will all have good batteries and gas that has not deteriorated. Then in season 9 . . . . . https://www.yahoo.com/movies/m/6c9c99e1 ... son-8.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
Nick79 wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Exactly.

We're turning into the asshole of planet Earth.


Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" ? It is hilarious, but also seems to me like an exaggerated version of the actual 'Murica we live in now, where some people are proud of being stupid. In the movie, the wrestling champion (Think WWE) becomes president, is a reality TV Star much different. LOL.


Just watched it the other day, lol.

Everybody is basically below 60 IQ. If that were to happen our species would go extinct fairly quickly, or the Earth would simply be destroyed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group