It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 am 

Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds put on one hell of a show.

I saw them last night in Canandaigua NY. My wife couldn't believe I didn't know who Tim Reynolds. Couldn't believe how good he was on his guitar.

Not sure if anyone here digs their music but if you're questioning seeing a show, I highly recommend going!

After seeing Tool in Rochester, NY last week I questioned how good a show it would be. (Tool was fucking amazing by the way)

I was not disappointed. Watching Tim Reynolds play his guitar made me wonder about going to see Carlos Santana. I'm leaning towards checking out his show.

Tim Reynolds gained another fan last night. Again, if you're questing and or you did acoustic music go and check it out.

Post subject: Re: Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:38 pm 

I saw Matthews at Woodstock 99.
It went Sheryl Crow, DMX then Mattews on the big stage. Talk about a fucked up early afternoon. DM band was good.

Love Tool as well. Seen them a dozen times. Weirdest time was at lollapalooza where it was Tool, Snoop Dog, Devo, and Korn.

Haven't seen Santana in 20 years but he put on great shows when I saw him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:34 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
It went Sheryl Crow, DMX then Mattews on the big stage. Talk about a fucked up early afternoon. DM band was good.

Love Tool as well. Seen them a dozen times. Weirdest time was at lollapalooza where it was Tool, Snoop Dog, Devo, and Korn.

Those are some random groupings, frac.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am 

DMB gets a lot of flack these days, but there weren't many bands bigger than them in the late 90s (when I was in high school).

I don't listen to them anymore, but I remember them putting on some damn good shows back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:32 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:

Thanks for the info on Santana.

Lmao at the Lallapalooza line up. Was it 1998? Saw that show/line up ad Darien Lake. Hilarious seeing Deevo on the side stage. I was like what in the actual fuck? Snoop was hilarious on the mic as his continued equipment issues forced him to calm the crowd with a plea to the fans to help him by bum rushing the stage if he picked up one of the joints people were tossing on stage so the cops couldn't arrest him. The crowd responded when he asked who would help and damned if he didn't pick up one and light that shit up.

Good times.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:43 pm 

I've been to several DMB concerts in my lifetime and they've never put on a bad show. Consistently on stage for 2-2.5 hours. I'd gladly shell out the money to watch them knowing I'll get my money's worth.

I had a chance to see Tool at the Governor's Ball this year, but didn't want to deal with THAT particular crowd so I didn't go. I'd rather seem them at a smaller event.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

Thanks for the info on Santana.

Lmao at the Lallapalooza line up. Was it 1998? Saw that show/line up ad Darien Lake. Hilarious seeing Deevo on the side stage. I was like what in the actual fuck? Snoop was hilarious on the mic as his continued equipment issues forced him to calm the crowd with a plea to the fans to help him by bum rushing the stage if he picked up one of the joints people were tossing on stage so the cops couldn't arrest him. The crowd responded when he asked who would help and damned if he didn't pick up one and light that shit up.

Good times.

Saw Santana at Syria Mosque, back in 1987. That place was a fire trap for sure, but it was a great place to see a concert. I also saw Dire Straits, Lou Reed, Robert Palmer, and Jean Luc Ponty there (not at the same time).

The air conditioning was on the fritz the night of the Santana concert. They had a GIANT fan on the stage (but it still was probably around 100 degrees under the lights). Carlos had a lot of hair back then, and he kept doing these “rock star” poses in front of the fan, and his hair would blow, and then you could see droplets of sweat coming off of him. Should have filmed it overcranked. Would have made great b-roll.

Dude could play. No doubt.

Dire Straits had just hit with Money for Nothing. I assume the Mosque was already booked, because right after that they started playing arenas and stadiums. Mark Knopfler also played a little.

I got the impression that Robert Palmer was dumb as dirt. Dude couldn’t figure out which mic was hot. Like, didn’t they rehearse this?

Lou Reed dancing reminded me of Herman Munster.