It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 pm 

There have been some "spoilers" about the upcoming Season 5 filming floating around the interwebs. And by "spoilers" I mean obsessed fanboys creeping around the Terminus filming location during filming and reporting on what they saw and heard. Spoiler: It's lame. http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2014-05-09-season-5-filming-terminus-torture

Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm 

The other rumor that keeps floating around is John Hamm playing "Nevin" from the comics. I think the Terminus storyline will only go to the mid-way point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:08 pm 

The Pierogi wrote:

Doesn't tell us much, really. I actually think that fits with my whole cult and "testing" theory. Possible those who fail or resist might get eaten.

When they were running thru the compound, one of the rooms had a bunch of names on the floor and some cryptic messages on the wall like "never forget" and "never again". I think that strongly points to having lost friends/families over some sort of betrayal, and so I think they've resorted to extreme measures not to bring people in that might betray them.

I'd also point out that they've been tested twice already - the first time when they are asked to give-up their weapons. Then the weapons are given back and they come to the next "test" where Rick decides to draw on them, leading to the whole "herding" thing at the end.

There was a scene cut from the finale that showed walkers, chained up (I think), in one of the rooms. Whatever it is, it's definitely something more than just cannibalism. Although that room could have been the last stand or prison cell of the original Terminus group before being overrun by the cannibals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:22 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
The other rumor that keeps floating around is John Hamm playing "Nevin" from the comics. I think the Terminus storyline will only go to the mid-way point.

I've only read the first compendium of the comics, so I have no frame of reference for anything that's happened since the prison battle.
I think if the Terminus storyline is going to end during Season Five, they'll at least carry it through the midseason break and probably end the first half of the season with some big Terminus cliffhanger.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 pm 

Anyone catch the Walking Dead episodes they had last couple weeks?

On July 8th AMC presented a sort of behind the scenes episode entitled "Inside the Walking Dead" which was very fascinating. They had commentary from some of the main characters as well as the producers; regarding how all the different production crews contribute to making the Walking Dead.

Then on July 15th they had another sorta behind the scenes episode entitled "Inside the Walking Dead: Walker University". They take you through the casting process for playing zombies in the show. Had some return zombie actors give some insight on the process. Also had main characters as well as production crew commentary.

The Walking Dead is basically setting the standards for a "how to" creating a zombie film on a weekly basis.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:27 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Anyone catch the Walking Dead episodes they had last couple weeks?

On July 8th AMC presented a sort of behind the scenes episode entitled "Inside the Walking Dead" which was very fascinating. They had commentary from some of the main characters as well as the producers; regarding how all the different production crews contribute to making the Walking Dead.

Then on July 15th they had another sorta behind the scenes episode entitled "Inside the Walking Dead: Walker University". They take you through the casting process for playing zombies in the show. Had some return zombie actors give some insight on the process. Also had main characters as well as production crew commentary.

The Walking Dead is basically setting the standards for a "how to" creating a zombie film on a weekly basis.

I missed it. Actually, I didn't realize it was even on. I knew they had a marathon of all the episodes earlier this month, but didn't realize there were behind-the-scenes shows.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:25 pm 

Would have missed them myself had I not had the DVR programmed to record any new 1st episode of the walking dead series. lol

Those episodes will be aired again July 21st at 2:30AM and 3:30AM then again on that same date at 5:30AM and 6:30AM. All times I believe are EST. So set your DVR unless you plan to be awake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:03 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Would have missed them myself had I not had the DVR programmed to record any new 1st episode of the walking dead series. lol

Those episodes will be aired again July 21st at 2:30AM and 3:30AM then again on that same date at 5:30AM and 6:30AM. All times I believe are EST. So set your DVR unless you plan to be awake.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have my DVR set to do the same thing, so it very well could have recorded automatically without my knowledge. I haven't really had a chance to watch any TV recently, but I'll check when I get home and set the DVR for the episodes on the 21st if they aren't on there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:16 pm 

New trailer...3 minutes of upcoming episodes for season 5. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM#t=152

Youtube function still not working for me so please excuse the link half meassure.