It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guns N' Roses Concert
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:40 am 

Anyone else at this show?

I was a huge fan back in my teenage years. In fact, one of my biggest regrets from those years was not seeing them live in concert before they split up.

Well I got to see them tonight and feel totally fulfilled. I'm sure they were even better in their prime, but goddam were they ever good tonight.

Axl's voice was way better than I ever expected and Slash is a god amongst men.

This show reaffirmed my believe that if axl wasn't crazy and they would have stayed together, we'd be talking about them as one of the best rock bands ever. Appetite For Destruction gets all the hype, but I personally believe Use Your Illisions has the more meaningful songs on it.

Shame they weren't together long, but damn if they didn't try and make up for lost time tonight.

Post subject: Re: Guns N' Roses Concert
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:31 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:33 am 

I heard Axl is with ACDC now too?

I've been debating going to see GNR because I wasn't sure how good they would sound, but when they come near me I'll probably check them out- thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

I've been debating going to see GNR because I wasn't sure how good they would sound, but when they come near me I'll probably check them out- thanks

Yeah, he's filling in for AC/DC now that Brian Johnson retired due to hearing problems.

But yeah, absolutely check them out, you won't regret it.

And rumors keep coming up that the original members of the band are kind of in the background looking to join the band. Steven Adler already appeared at two shows and did some songs. And they said on WDVE this morning that there were rumors that Izzy Stradlin was in the building last night and even rehearsed with the band, though I have yet to see that confirmed.

Just an awesome, awesome show, though. Axl has slimmed down a bit since his horribly fat days. Still not thin by any means, but he's at least not embarrassingly fat. He can't quite get as high as he used to on some songs (which really shouldn't be anyone's expectation), but still sounds damn good.

Slash absolutely stole the show, though. You don't really notice just how much every GnR song is written around him until you see them live and watch him rock all those solos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:41 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:57 pm 

Winner:
Stephanie Seymour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Yeah, he's filling in for AC/DC now that Brian Johnson retired due to hearing problems.

But yeah, absolutely check them out, you won't regret it.

And rumors keep coming up that the original members of the band are kind of in the background looking to join the band. Steven Adler already appeared at two shows and did some songs. And they said on WDVE this morning that there were rumors that Izzy Stradlin was in the building last night and even rehearsed with the band, though I have yet to see that confirmed.

Just an awesome, awesome show, though. Axl has slimmed down a bit since his horribly fat days. Still not thin by any means, but he's at least not embarrassingly fat. He can't quite get as high as he used to on some songs (which really shouldn't be anyone's expectation), but still sounds damn good.

Slash absolutely stole the show, though. You don't really notice just how much every GnR song is written around him until you see them live and watch him rock all those solos.

Slash is/was the band...always was the band!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 pm 

Glad you had a great time at their show. I can tell you I saw them back in the day and they weren't IMO all that great. Their one and only good album IMO was Appetite for Destruction in 1987. I saw them at a "Day on the Green" at the Oakland Coliseum in 1992 and they didn't fare that well. Body Count (Ice T metal band) and Soundgarden opened for Metallica and GnR. Those three put on a Killer show. GnR didn't start their set for nearly 2 hours after Metallica stopped playing their set. Fans were very infuriated with their stage antics. The crowd tore up the sod in the outfield causing 100's of thousands of dollars in damage. So you had to duck not only bottles, cans, plastic cups (sometimes with beer still in them. Or what we hoped was beer.) you had to dodge clumps of sod raining down. It sucked. Their set wasn't even that long either. I want to say maybe half dozen songs IIRC. I swore I'd never go and support them ever again. I began referring to them as ghosts and rumors from that point on. Again, not to jack up the thread. I'm glad you had a better experience than I did. Wish Pantera was still touring w/dime...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:52 pm 

I saw G n R 1991 in Hershey.
They started off in a grand fashion but Slash was a drunken mess by the end of the show. He had a bottle of Jack on stage and drank the whole thing. Then again it could have been an act but after seeing him drunken so many times on youtube I have to assume he was an alcoholic at that juncture.

Axl threw his mike stand towards the end of the show and almost hit a roadie.
Great start to the show but Slash was very sloppy the last half dozen songs.

Best thing the band did was fire the drummer Adler after AFD, cause that dude was lame.

They could have been all time greats.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:32 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Glad you had a great time at their show. I can tell you I saw them back in the day and they weren't IMO all that great. Their one and only good album IMO was Appetite for Destruction in 1987. I saw them at a "Day on the Green" at the Oakland Coliseum in 1992 and they didn't fare that well. Body Count (Ice T metal band) and Soundgarden opened for Metallica and GnR. Those three put on a Killer show. GnR didn't start their set for nearly 2 hours after Metallica stopped playing their set. Fans were very infuriated with their stage antics. The crowd tore up the sod in the outfield causing 100's of thousands of dollars in damage. So you had to duck not only bottles, cans, plastic cups (sometimes with beer still in them. Or what we hoped was beer.) you had to dodge clumps of sod raining down. It sucked. Their set wasn't even that long either. I want to say maybe half dozen songs IIRC. I swore I'd never go and support them ever again. I began referring to them as ghosts and rumors from that point on. Again, not to jack up the thread. I'm glad you had a better experience than I did. Wish Pantera was still touring w/dime...

That's the one band I wish I could have seen. My two uncles saw them with White Zombie and Sepultura.