It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NFL out for more money...from Super Bowl halftime perfor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:12 am 

go to the 80's pro bowl line up standard post game concert.

....and the way the sunlight plays upon her hair......

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 am 

If there ain't no dough then there ain't no show /
So take your roly poly fat promoter ass /
to the Chemical Bank, and get my cash.

Q-Tip, Tribe Called Quest, "Rap Promoter"

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 am 

Typical. In One Word, "Capitalism" at it's most (Greedy) obvious. This is a country that's all about big business and little to nothing else. Not Surprised at all.

Who stays tuned for the half time show (besides the SB attendees) anyways? I know once half time hits I hitin' the head. Then its into the kitchen refreshing my plate, my beer taking a shot (2-3) of some form of 80+ proof alcohol and by that time the usually sucky half time show is approaching its end. It's about then that I unmute the TV too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 am 

it cuts both ways
is the NFL going to pay Beyoncee or Black Eyed Peas for the bad publicity they get when their haltime shows are so incredibly dreadful.
i think people watch it anymore to see what kind of train wreck may happen -- some of the halftimes have been that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 am 

Sounds to be like it is just negotiating tactics by the league being blown out of proportion by the media for another money grabbing storyline about the big bad corporate NFL. They have three artists they have identified to play, don't care which one they get and they are just trying to broker the best possible deal out of them.

I'm not exactly sure why any of the three artists would agree to such terms as Coldplay, Katy Perry and Rihanna are all multi-millionaires, globally successful and likely couldn't give a shit about the added exposure they would get from the Superbowl since they are already universally famous. About the only acts I could see agreeing to these kind of terms are older, past their prime bands who squandered all their dough and are in big need of a last payday, which none of the Stones, McCartney, Petty, Springsteen or Madonna qualify as since they are all still incredibly wealthy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 am 
It's really actually straight up pay to play...the NFL pays nothing.

I heard on the news this morning all three bands have submitted proposals.

It's all about women viewers, global markets, and the "new" business of download sales...the game had like a 112 million viewers...halftime 115 million viewers Bruno Sorryasfuck downloads went through the roof :lol: Sorry ass state of affairs for the football/rock purist...perfect time for the family to gossip about how I'm still hooked on the weed when I disappear for relief...

I actually liked a couple of Coldplay songs in a stole this shit straight from Gabriel sort of way...my brother heard it on my cars system when I pulled in a few years back...so out of no where at dinner he comes with "I think my neighbor is gay..." Like an idiot I go, "Why.. .?" He say's "I heard him listening to Coldplay...."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm 

This sounds completely preposterous.

The nfl wants ratings. Eyeballs. People watch because it's somebody they know and/or like. Book a no-name and less people watch. How much can they possibly make from a nobody? The nfl is an $8 billion dollar /year business that doesn't pay taxes, and is subsidized by players and local taxpayers. This is more about the nfl brand than money.

I can't see any performer agreeing to these terms. Talk about totalitarian entertainment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm 
It's an American Idol/Disney star world.

Art no longer exists in America...it's homogenized, cookie cutter, corporate, google searched, boy band, female buying power world in music, film, and literature the past 15 years or so...and sport is falling in line.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:31 pm 

Zivco wrote:

Art no longer exists in America...it's homogenized, cookie cutter, corporate, google searched, boy band, female buying power world in music, film, and literature the past 15 years or so...and sport is falling in line.

Shit, I'm agreeing with a Zivco cultural rant. Worlds colliding. Cats and dogs, etc etc you get the picture.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:40 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
Zivco wrote:

Shit, I'm agreeing with a Zivco cultural rant. Worlds colliding. Cats and dogs, etc etc you get the picture.

Art is alive and well in America. Go to your nearest metropolitan modern art museum or playhouse. Good music is alive and well, go to your local music head store. American Literature is certainly still alive and well. Misplaced doom and gloom. For instance, pm StillMadatSlobber. He'll be happy to tell you about how Houston has a thriving art seen and museum district an world class symphony just like most major American cities, with a substantial part of the public that supports it. Pittsburgh has a thriving art community as well. Nothing but a rant against popular culture, but popular culture has been around since mass media and high art has sustained itself just fine in the face of it. Nothing to see here.