It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post-It sketches reveal what modern adulthood is REALLY like
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:26 am 

Quote:
The funniest Post-Its you'll ever read: Hilariously simple sketches reveal what modern adulthood is REALLY like

Brutally Honest Illustrations About Adulthood resonate with millennials
They depict lazy Saturdays, pay-day, office Christmas parties and more
Drawn by Charles 'Chaz' Hutton, 31, who moved to London from Melbourne
He told FEMAIL his friends convinced him to put sketches on Instagram
Now he boasts over 100,000 followers and is bringing a book out this year

By Kate Samuelson For Mailonline

Published: 02:05 EST, 15 April 2016 | Updated: 05:16 EST, 15 April 2016

They say that art imitates life - and looking at this series of hilarious sketches the phrase could not ring more true.

From Tinder to that 'Friday feeling', these quirky drawings on yellow sticky notes represent millennial life in a slightly depressing yet hilarious way.

The viral sketches are the brainchild of former architect Charles 'Chaz' Hutton, 31, who moved to London from Melbourne, Australia, due to 'a series of ill-thought out decisions'.

The humorous drawings are the brainchild of former architect Charles 'Chaz' Hutton, who claims to have moved to London from Melbourne due to 'a series of ill-thought out decisions'

His simple images resonate with those embarking on the nerve-racking journey of adulthood

Relativity: Chaz exploring various 'adult' themes including Tinder, that 'Friday feeling' and the perils of a quick-draining iPhone battery

His simple images resonate with those embarking on the nerve-racking journey of adulthood, exploring the themes of dating, laziness and rent - and the perils of a quick-draining iPhone battery.

Chaz, who lives in Stoke Newington, told FEMAIL that he moved to London to postpone him 'having to make the kind of life changes that might result in some kind of responsibility'.

He said: 'Back in Melbourne I used to spend a lot of on the internet while working in various architecture firms.

'I came over here about a year ago to work as an architect and get some experience in some interesting firms - and to spend a bit more time on the internet.

Chaz worked in Melbourne in various architecture firms, where he used to 'spend a lot of time on the internet'

He then moved to London postpone him 'having to make the kind of life changes that might result in some kind of responsibility'

He found a job in an architecture firm, but continued to draw quick sketches, which he sent to friends on a group chat on Whatsapp

'If I'm really honest, I basically figured that moving to London would postpone me having to make the kind of life changes that might result in some kind of responsibility - so far so good.'

Chaz found a job in an architecture firm, but continued to draw quick sketches which he would then sent to friends on a group chat on Whatsapp.

He said: 'It was an attempt to make them laugh and accept me as a friend.

'After a while they all convinced me to put the drawings on Instagram, which I insisted was a terrible idea and that nothing would come of it.

'Yes, I've bought them many drinks since then.'

Chaz launched his Instagram account, 'Insta-Chaz', in August 2015 and already boasts 109,000 followers.

He said: 'I now have over 100,000 followers on Instagram, but I was just as amazed and excited when it first hit 1,000.'

His quirky yet simple drawings have become so popular that Chaz is bringing out a book of them, called Instachaaz, which is available to pre-order on Amazon for £10.

Chaz said: 'I now have just over 100,000 followers on Instagram, but I was just as amazed and excited when it first hit 1,000'

His quirky yet simple drawings have become so popular that Chaz is now launching a book of them, called Instachaaz

Chaz's book is available to pre-order on Amazon for £10

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3529703/Sticky-notes-sketches-reveal-modern-day-adulthood-REALLY-like.html