It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alone, Season 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:48 pm 

Started this week - the posts on here got me interested last year and I binged on Season 1. Couple of women involved this year, one of which sounds so much like a man that it's very confusing (Tracy). She seems like the most calm of the bunch - doesn't even bother her when bears are rustling around outside her tent. There are a couple serious candidates this year - a woman who was an elite firefighter in Alaska, a guy who performs aboriginal training near the Artctic Circle, and another dude who said as a child that he wanted to be a Native American when he grew up. Seems like a deep pool this year, but bears and cougars and alone time can beat anyone down...

Post subject: Re: Alone, Season 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 pm 

RIBurghman wrote:
Started this week - the posts on here got me interested last year and I binged on Season 1. Couple of women involved this year, one of which sounds so much like a man that it's very confusing (Tracy). She seems like the most calm of the bunch - doesn't even bother her when bears are rustling around outside her tent. There are a couple serious candidates this year - a woman who was an elite firefighter in Alaska, a guy who performs aboriginal training near the Artctic Circle, and another dude who said as a child that he wanted to be a Native American when he grew up. Seems like a deep pool this year, but bears and cougars and alone time can beat anyone down...

Good show, I recorded episode 1. Going to try and watch it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:43 pm 

I told my fiance as soon as they showed the party at his house that Desmond would be the first one to go. The guy didn't even spend one night there. Total absolute pussy. No if's and's or buts. How do they pick these people? Is he the only black guy that applied or something?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:42 am 

R S wrote:
I told my fiance as soon as they showed the party at his house that Desmond would be the first one to go. The guy didn't even spend one night there. Total absolute pussy. No if's and's or buts. How do they pick these people? Is he the only black guy that applied or something?

Whoa. You're taking the plunge?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:49 am 

R S wrote:

Just knew something like that was due to happen when he was talking about kicking bear ass. Gotta be tough, though - maybe it's just the editing, but no one else seemed to have bear shit all over their spot like he did. Tracy certainly has them nearby based on the noises at night, so maybe it's all over the place and Desmond was the only one that couldn't deal with it. I think they only showed 4 of the 10 people, so we'll see what everyone else runs into...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:39 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
R S wrote:

Whoa. You're taking the plunge?

Ex military too....soft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:44 pm 

Yeah, the ex-military thing doesn't always give me much more faith in a contestant in one of these shows UNLESS, they are ex-forces/ranger, etc.

Unless they edited it out and he actually did spend a night there, then yes, that dude is ultra soft. Charmin soft. Almost makes me angry he even got on the show. What a waste of time for everyone. I gotta believe it pisses off the producers.

BTW, yes, I'm engaged. Getting married in Sept. Never thought it'd happen to me. But it only took 9 months with this one. I don't want to push my luck. I've done it all as a single guy for most of the last 8 years. I got out without HIV or lifelong venereal disease. Bach party is next month in Austin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:51 pm 

R S wrote:
Yeah, the ex-military thing doesn't always give me much more faith in a contestant in one of these shows UNLESS, they are ex-forces/ranger, etc.

Unless they edited it out and he actually did spend a night there, then yes, that dude is ultra soft. Charmin soft. Almost makes me angry he even got on the show. What a waste of time for everyone. I gotta believe it pisses off the producers.

BTW, yes, I'm engaged. Getting married in Sept. Never thought it'd happen to me. But it only took 9 months with this one. I don't want to push my luck. I've done it all as a single guy for most of the last 8 years. I got out without HIV or lifelong venereal disease. Bach party is next month in Austin.

Congratulations.