It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If his dress is any indication, Burns is going to ball out.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 am 

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/A ... 1d5a6297d0

As you will see from the introduction video, Artie is dressed in a classic navy blue suit, with an understated university/rugby stripe tie in navy and yellow, and uncreased tan dress khakis.

Observe that the shirt has no sheen, so he's wearing all organic materials. No fake, non-iron or synthetic bullshit.

Notice also that the shirt collar width, tie width, and jacket lapel width are all in prefect proportion. All of this points to an attention to detail, geometry, a relaxed fastidious.

Specifically of note is the cotton, button down shirt collar. The buttons remove a certain amount of formality in one's appearance, thus my reference to a "relaxed" fastidiousness. The button down collar, blue coat and khaki ensemble is also ridiculously British, which wins more points. He looks like he just stepped off the Rugby pitch.

Artie nicely demonstrates that it is choice of material and geometric proportions, not brand or price, that secure the dapper appearance one desires.

My conclusion from Artie's introduction is that he's going to ball the fuck out. If you aren't dressing like this, you are dressing like shit.

Post subject: Re: If his dress is any indication, Burns is going to ball o
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:56 am 

I like it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:57 am 

I'm guessing the Steelers have an intern to go shopping for draft selections.

He doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you can never really tell by the way someone speaks. Can't find his wonderlic score.

But he does have swagger, despite the preppy look.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:24 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

He doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you can never really tell by the way someone speaks. Can't find his wonderlic score.

You must be really fun to talk to at parties.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:54 pm 

Burns looks great (tho all out on blue blazer look to me means gold buttons, pocket hanky, or if you're really ready to go balls out, an ascot IMHO), Tomlin looks like the only relaxed look he'll pull off is in a mumu.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:02 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Burns looks great (tho all out on blue blazer look to me means gold buttons, pocket hanky, or if you're really ready to go balls out, an ascot IMHO), Tomlin looks like the only relaxed look he'll pull off is in a mumu.

Hard to be dapper in Tomlin's preferred medium: cotton that is held up by elastic and zippers. However, an elder icon of style, namely Bill Murray, has already demonstrated that even coach-wear can approach timeless style. Specifically, I 'm referring to the Fred Perry tracksuits worn by Bill Murray throughout Broken Flowers.

http://www.coolmoviecaps.com/bill-murra ... racksuits/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:04 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

I'm eager to turn 60 so I can start wearing ascots. The brass button blue blazer ensemble is more American than British prep (but it is a legit look).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:06 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

You must be really fun to talk to at parties.
Sorry I put a damper on your circle jerk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:03 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Artie-Burns-introduced-as-a-Steeler/6e6c79ac-bc79-4295-8595-af1d5a6297d0

As you will see from the introduction video, Artie is dressed in a classic navy blue suit, with an understated university/rugby stripe tie in navy and yellow, and uncreased tan dress khakis.

Observe that the shirt has no sheen, so he's wearing all organic materials. No fake, non-iron or synthetic bullshit.

Notice also that the shirt collar width, tie width, and jacket lapel width are all in prefect proportion. All of this points to an attention to detail, geometry, a relaxed fastidious.

Specifically of note is the cotton, button down shirt collar. The buttons remove a certain amount of formality in one's appearance, thus my reference to a "relaxed" fastidiousness. The button down collar, blue coat and khaki ensemble is also ridiculously British, which wins more points. He looks like he just stepped off the Rugby pitch.

Artie nicely demonstrates that it is choice of material and geometric proportions, not brand or price, that secure the dapper appearance one desires.

My conclusion from Artie's introduction is that he's going to ball the fuck out. If you aren't dressing like this, you are dressing like shit.

:lol: Love it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:34 pm 

Why wait til 60? Is that when Walken started wearing them all the time?

Cravat is great when you're sick of ties and the key to pulling it off is not to act like it's a big deal and making it as non-poofy as possible. Love the fact that it allows you to open the top button.

It's really the best option for older men with sagging necks.

And if you're not Cary Grant, how are you going to beat this with a tie?