It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... er-w205187

From Christie Brinkley to this in three decades.

No, it's not progress.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:59 am
Posts: 1522
Location: Boca Raton, FL
You gotta be kidding me. Definitely not progress, more like madness.

You know, live how you want to live your life. I don't care. Whatever makes you happy. But spare me this SJW campaign to try normalizing shit like this. I'm not buying it and I never will. Bruce is still a guy. There's a reason he's gotta resort to surgery and hormone therapy. And that reason is because his body doesn't produce those features or physiology naturally. Wanna know why? BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING GUY.

I'm sure somebody will chime with the tired old "bigot" accusation. I couldn't give a shit.

_________________
It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the FAT that makes you look fat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
And here's another reason SI is lying to us: they've never actually had a "beautiful" 67 year old woman pose for the swimsuit issue. But now we're supposed to buy into the male senior citizen as a bathing beauty.

Fuck them all.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Upstate NY
Thanks for the heads up. Now, I don't even have to click the link. Thankfully!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6330
First of all, you read USmagazine?

Second. Jenner is a publicity whore. Always was. Regardless of what hangs or doesn't hang between his, er, her, er, whatevers legs.

If you owned SI and Jenner offered to pose naked, would you say no? Might be better for some other trashy rag, but whatever.

It keeps them relevant. SI thinks themselves as a cultural tradition. They want to keep it that way, and alienating a segment of society doesn't fit that narrative. Especially now with the bathroom bullshit going on. It's clear they didn't highlight older or more curvy models in the past because the culture at the time didn't reflect that. It does now. They're just riding the wave.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
The wave is basically 5th century Rome.

Fuck the wave, I don't want to ride it, I know how this story ends.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6330
You don't have to buy SI or frequent their site. You have a choice.

I know you're confident in yourself, but you don't have a fucking clue as to how the story ends.

Should I remind you of the advancements man has made since 5th century Rome?

This country has far worse shit to worry about than some twit who constantly wants the spotlight.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
Jesus Christ, idiot, I was talking about the descent into the Dark Ages and the end of Rome in 476 AD, not the Renaissance that came 900 years later.

I don't want to wait 900 years for us to get our shit together again.

By the way, you're not a social justice warrior, nor an original thinker, you're a pawn.

Please don't pretend to be intelligent here because every time you do, you expose yourself.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6330
Congratulations. You've just made my ignore list.

Why you didn't make it there sooner? I don't know, since you offer absolutely nothing to this forum but bigotry and small minded, selfish, drivel.

And to think I was almost going to have a normal, civilized conversation with you.

But you can go fuck yourself, asswipe.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
Enjoy your new Caitlin Jenner SI swimsuit issue. Remember to redirect into a tissue at the right moment so the pages don't stick together.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6888
To be fair...SI jumped the shark a long, long time ago!

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
That's true...and true of print magazines in general.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5500
When that issue arrives at my office I'll be making a phone call to cancel the subscription.

When Bruce Jenner made the decision to turn into Caitlin, he forfeited being the gold medal athlete and is now on the level of a Kardashian and should never be on the cover of SI.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
R S wrote:
When that issue arrives at my office I'll be making a phone call to cancel the subscription.

When Bruce Jenner made the decision to turn into Caitlin, he forfeited being the gold medal athlete and is now on the level of a Kardashian and should never be on the cover of SI.


Don't lie, you'll paste that one to your bedroom wall!

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4259
R S wrote:
When that issue arrives at my office I'll be making a phone call to cancel the subscription.

When Bruce Jenner made the decision to turn into Caitlin, he forfeited being the gold medal athlete and is now on the level of a Kardashian and should never be on the cover of SI.


I think it's a plus-size girl conspiracy. This SI issue will no doubt have you pining for the likes of Ashley Graham, Denise Bidot and Fluvia Lacerda.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11322
I will not ever view this photage....however, I will read with curiosity whether Caitlyn decided to "let it all hang out" or chose to go with the "tuck" technique. :lol:

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
CaptainFantastik wrote:
You gotta be kidding me. Definitely not progress, more like madness.

You know, live how you want to live your life. I don't care. Whatever makes you happy. But spare me this SJW campaign to try normalizing shit like this. I'm not buying it and I never will. Bruce is still a guy. There's a reason he's gotta resort to surgery and hormone therapy. And that reason is because his body doesn't produce those features or physiology naturally. Wanna know why? BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING GUY.

I'm sure somebody will chime with the tired old "bigot" accusation. I couldn't give a shit.

Too late Cap -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Jobus Rum wrote:
To be fair...SI jumped the shark a long, long time ago!

Once they started printing regional covers - that was it for me - whores.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
"Once they started printing regional covers - that was it for me - whores."

The print version of..."how about...that local sports team!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzazsz ... XPyeHpdGkg

It probably did well in focus groups...which is why you shouldn't trust focus groups.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4259
SI and ESPN cut from the same leftist cloth.

ESPN just hired Hillary supporter Abby "DUI" Wambach who called Caitlyn Jenner "courageous" and "stunning".

The fuckin' leftist sports media has jumped the shark a long time ago.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6888
Obviously wrote:
SI and ESPN cut from the same leftist cloth.

ESPN just hired Hillary supporter Abby "DUI" Wambach who called Caitlyn Jenner "courageous" and "stunning".

The fuckin' leftist sports media has jumped the shark a long time ago.

ESPN showed their colors long before this, when they honored him...yes him, with the "Courage Award" at the ESPYs.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1682
I'm with Bill Burr on this one. Sports are meant to be an escape; I really wish they would quit bringing politics and whatnot into it.


_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5500
Pabst wrote:
I'm with Bill Burr on this one. Sports are meant to be an escape; I really wish they would quit bringing politics and whatnot into it.



That's good stuff Pabst. To me it's a akin to donating to a charity and putting a sign out in your front yard bragging about donating to a charity.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3709
Obviously transphobic teens horrified while media tells them it doesn't matter:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tran ... ar_twitter

Tolerance isn't enough, they want to tell you what you must like.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sports Illustrated jumps shark
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4168
Quote:
This country has far worse shit to worry about than some twit who constantly wants the spotlight.


Very true. However, the part that's missing is that a very large number of people don't worry about the stuff that really matters and instead focus on stupid shit such as this. Or other "social issues" that shouldn't be at the forefront of national policy.

Our kids have been brainwashed into needing to see a freaking school counselor because somebody writes "Trump" in chalk on a sidewalk. Oh the horror...

Our country faces the threat of a nuclear North Korea, a nuclear Iran, increased military aggression from Russia & China, an economy sputtering along, and oh by the way a murderous gang of scum in ISIS that is growing in power while committing genocide across the globe.

Yet there are so many in this country that are more concerned with the feelings a grown man who feels he needs to tinkle in the lil girls room to feel comfy. Go figure.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group