It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sharapova Suspended 2 Years
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:00 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
I think part of the problem for some here is that a negro woman is the best female tennis player of all time.

Nate Silver appears to disagree with that. She's won 8 majors post-30, and no one had ever won more than 4. It's Barry Bonds-esque [my words, not Silver's)....but according to Nate Silver it seems to have more to do with a comparatively weak field.
I might agree with that.

I'll also say that women's tournaments are only three sets, and Williams' body type is more suited for short bursts and the power game instead of the long haul. Extend matches to 5 sets and no way she has that many titles, IMO. Not diminishing her strategy and accuracy of shots. . . But Nadal, Like Antonio Brown, wears down their opponents as the match or game goes on, which leads to more unforced errors and mental breakdowns. I'm not sure S. Williams has the mental fortitude and discipline to deal with adversity. I've seen her have mental meltdowns quite often.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:00 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I'm not sure S. Williams has the mental fortitude and discipline to deal with adversity. I've seen her have mental meltdowns quite often.

Ehhh, she fought thru injuries and family tragedy to recover form into her 30's and playing nearly as well as she did in her prime. Tennis doesn't seem to be a sport that players return to dominate after falling from the ranks of the elite.

Nate Silver had 3-4 others with higher peaks than Williams, but she's certainly in the debate (but perhaps not the clear GOAT)....to peak twice, along with the length of her career, is certainly a pretty strong argument regardless of the competition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I'm not sure S. Williams has the mental fortitude and discipline to deal with adversity. I've seen her have mental meltdowns quite often.

Ehhh, she fought thru injuries and family tragedy to recover form into her 30's and playing nearly as well as she did in her prime. Tennis doesn't seem to be a sport that players return to dominate after falling from the ranks of the elite.

Nate Silver had 3-4 others with higher peaks than Williams, but she's certainly in the debate (but perhaps not the clear GOAT)....to peak twice, along with the length of her career, is certainly a pretty strong argument regardless of the competition.
She has support off the court. I was referring to her antics on it. When the shit hits the fan when you're by yourself, you can only look to yourself to adjust. I think that would be amplified over 5 sets. That's the one thing about tennis. You can't get advice or get grounded by coaches. It's all on you.

That's just my "opinion" as I'm no tennis expert.

But there is no doubt she's at or close to the top based on her achievements alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:45 am 

Meanwhile the sweet smiling Great White Hope Katie Ledecky continues, even after her insane Olympic run, utterly to smash world records like we have neve seen.

And yet no one is on here is accusing her of roiding up or being a man.

Gee, I wonder why. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:39 pm 

Nick79 wrote:

Do you have proof? Has Serena failed a test? More than cheaters, I hate the idea of convicting anyone for anything unless there's enough hard evidence to prove it, like all the assholes that call Ben a rapist, even though there wasn't enough of evidence to even charge him of anything, meanwhile assholes want to crucify him because "they just know", or because "something must've happened". I don't give a shit about Serena Williams or tennis at all. But why accuse her of something she hasn't been PROVEN to be doing?

Proven is a pretty “broad” term. Broad enough that it could be said that it's proven that the Williams siblings are biological men.

After all isn’t it "proven" that during the Soviet era that they had surgically altered biological men participating in field events in the Olympics? That is but one point. What about their fellow tennis players that have raised or at least hinted at the same issue?

Are you saying that the Williams' dad, an American!, was incapable of doing the same as a damn Soviet? How dare you! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:10 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Meanwhile the sweet smiling Great White Hope Katie Ledecky continues, even after her insane Olympic run, utterly to smash world records like we have neve seen.

That's just naughty, Lit! Don't you know that playing the race card is the last refuge of a scoundrel?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:32 am 

Steelcody36 wrote:
I think part of the problem for some here is that a negro woman is the best female tennis player of all time.

Men are okay so long as they can play one of the three major American sports. If Tiger Woods played football he would have been celebrated like OJ. Instead he had a hell of a time getting on certain courses until he was a supreme talent. Serena has always been built bigger than her sister, highly doubt she's cheating. One of the elitist tennis organizations would have had her busted by now if so. I don't even like her much or many female players because of the grunting BS.

Can't deny the talent though.

I don't know how old you are Cody, but Tiger Woods was probably the most popular athlete in the world prior to his indiscretions becoming public knowledge. I'm not saying he didn't face some issues starting out in golf, but the idea he wasn't celebrated... that is just crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:49 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

I'd guess because her thighs arent the size of tree trunks and her delts don't look like shoulder pads?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:05 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Sharapova suspended for two years, while a linebacker masquerading as a female tennis player is lauded as the greatest of all time... :roll:

Why can't Serena Williams be a genetically powerful woman? And why do you care? She's GOAT in women's tennis and her not conforming to what you want a woman to look like is your problem, not hers. Get some therapy. Get over it. I will now concede the thread to the insecure and the ignorant. You can't fight stupid.

The ass on Serena. My God!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 pm 

R S wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I'd guess because her thighs arent the size of tree trunks and her delts don't look like shoulder pads?

Hysterical hyperbole does not move me.