It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prayers for the victims of Pulse
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:18 pm 

Meanwhile, I am glad to see this kind of fighting back in West Hollywood:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6612/west ... nk-berrien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:38 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:
1) The same could be said of those smart enough not to swallow the bullshit spewed by Obama or Hillary.

LMFAO.....You know nothing about me. You just assume someone thinking for themselves and having some actual knowledge is a libtard.

Truth is I never voted for Obama, and I will never vote for Hillary. I'm a Libertarian and voting Gary Johnson next election.

The Islamophobes are as bad as the ban all gun nuts.

That's actually comforting to hear. Although voting for Johnson is simply a vote for Hillary. So you might want to rethink that.

People are becoming "islamophobes" because Islam is waging a war against western culture at an ever increasing rate and our current "leaders" are doing nothing of substance to actually slow this train wreck down.

I assumed you might be a libtard because of the Trump comment as well as the lengths you are going through to dismiss this as anything but radical Islam.

I get he was a "lone wolf". I also get he was likely already a sick individual. My point is that he can be those things AND inspired by radical Islam. It doesn't have to be so black & white Kodiak. It's a complicated issue with many layers. Radical Islam could be but the final piece that allows sick individuals to finally lets just call it "cross the point of no return".

I'm sure you are aware that part of the sick plan is to push these lone wolves to do their bidding. You and I can both be correct on this. I'm not claiming to have a definitive answer as to why this tragedy took place. At this same time, it's quite frustrating to see someone who I'd consider a smart independent thinker (you) completely dismiss his connections to Islam...

And for the record, I don't care for Trump either and really really really wished a better candidate would have emerged. The republicans have had 4 years to mold a candidate and all they came up with was the same crap they always run up there. It's no wonder a guy like Trump emerged when looking at his competition.

I had higher hopes for Carson but he lacked a certain dynamic to get further.

I really have no interest in getting in a pissing match about this. I try to look at things from all sides. I don't feel you are doing the same by dismissing this as purely 100% "lone wolf"... It's far to complicated an issues to simply come down to an either or situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:49 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:
2) Gay bar or Disneyland you are still killing and making the impact you sought to make. There is no way to know why he chose one over the other. What does it matter or prove?

Well, it would prove he didn't choose his target based on an Iman preaching to kill gays.

Like I said, read some research on lone wolfs before accusing me of being an apologist or talking out of my ass. You sound like a mouthpiece for Trump, and I thought you were smarter than that.

It really doesn't prove that though. And he did in fact choose the target comprised of gays. So assuming it had nothing to do with the iman just because he also looked at Disney is a bit of a stretch IMO. There is a multitude of reasons why he could have been scouting multiple locations and many reasons why he likely chose as he did. Again, it doesn't have to be either or.

I'm not suggesting he was a totally normal dude until he heard the scumbag iman's hate sermon. I'm suggesting it could have likely played a role.

Taliban sympathizing father
Multiple trips to Saudi
Connection to iman as well as other hate filled Muslims.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must at the least be part duck.

There are points you make that could have merit. I've recognized that. You are failing to so the same by suggesting it was solely lone wolf. I just don't understand how you can be so completely dismissive that radical Islam had a role to some degree so let's agree to disagree.

And see my post above in regards to my thoughts on Trump. Me being strongly against this shit that's going down doesn't make me a mouthpiece for Trump.

I'm but a red blooded American that is sick seeing what is happening to this country and around the world. I don't like Trump but despise Hillary. I'd vote for freaking Ronald McDonald before I'd check the box for that c*nt.

Also, glad to hear the people you know that were injured will be ok Van W.

So damn senseless.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:07 pm 

955876 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:
1) The same could be said of those smart enough not to swallow the bullshit spewed by Obama or Hillary.

LMFAO.....You know nothing about me. You just assume someone thinking for themselves and having some actual knowledge is a libtard.

Truth is I never voted for Obama, and I will never vote for Hillary. I'm a Libertarian and voting Gary Johnson next election.

The Islamophobes are as bad as the ban all gun nuts.

That's actually comforting to hear. Although voting for Johnson is simply a vote for Hillary. So you might want to rethink that.

People are becoming "islamophobes" because Islam is waging a war against western culture at an ever increasing rate and our current "leaders" are doing nothing of substance to actually slow this train wreck down.

I assumed you might be a libtard because of the Trump comment as well as the lengths you are going through to dismiss this as anything but radical Islam.

I get he was a "lone wolf". I also get he was likely already a sick individual. My point is that he can be those things AND inspired by radical Islam. It doesn't have to be so black & white Kodiak. It's a complicated issue with many layers. Radical Islam could be but the final piece that allows sick individuals to finally lets just call it "cross the point of no return".

I'm sure you are aware that part of the sick plan is to push these lone wolves to do their bidding. You and I can both be correct on this. I'm not claiming to have a definitive answer as to why this tragedy took place. At this same time, it's quite frustrating to see someone who I'd consider a smart independent thinker (you) completely dismiss his connections to Islam...

And for the record, I don't care for Trump either and really really really wished a better candidate would have emerged. The republicans have had 4 years to mold a candidate and all they came up with was the same crap they always run up there. It's no wonder a guy like Trump emerged when looking at his competition.

I had higher hopes for Carson but he lacked a certain dynamic to get further.

I really have no interest in getting in a pissing match about this. I try to look at things from all sides. I don't feel you are doing the same by dismissing this as purely 100% "lone wolf"... It's far to complicated an issues to simply come down to an either or situation.

Need to rethink your "vote for a third party is a vote for Hillary" spiel.

First, your vote doesn't matter in terms of deciding elections. Full stop. Let me put it this way -- how much money would you spend for an extra vote in your state? Not much because the marginal value of the vote is de minimis as you know (even if you don't admit it) that from an electoral perspective your vote doesn't matter.

So, why do you vote in the first place? It as a way of performing a civic action and signals the kind of government you want. So why not signal the kind of government you want by voting for your candidate regardless of the candidate's likely electoral success or non-success? Because your vote doesn't matter in a electoral way, there is no need to vote strategically.

Thus, if you want to vote, vote for the candidate you think expresses your best views of what a president should be; not for the candidate you think has the best shot to win who is the closest to your views.

I'd note that there is not a more qualified nor more reasonable candidate than Gary Johnson running for President. His ticket has some serious gravitas, especially compared to the Dem or Rep ticket.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:05 pm 

I like Gary Johnson. My early choice was Rand Paul. That didn't happen. I think the capital L libertarians are naive on foreign policy but I am 75 percent in agreement with them.

Now it's down to Trump as the only rational choice, only because it's all over (meaning we sink like Europe) if Hillary wins.

It is interesting and tragic that we embraced the European model right at the very moment it came crashing down.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:24 pm 

When was the last time a 3rd party candidate won a presidential election? In most cases people will vote repub or dem. Some will vote third party. It is going to take a hell of a turn out for anyone to beat Hillary unless an indictment comes down. So with that being the case, it is very reasonable to conclude that every vote for that third party candidate hurts Trump much more than it hurts Hillary as she will get her votes regardless.

Shit, winning California and its 55 electoral votes gets her a 20% head start. Pulling in NY puts her at 30% of the vote needed with just those two states. No way in hell Trump pulls CA and holy liberal NY is a likely pipe dream for Trump as well.

Your statement holds water if we are talking the states that pretty much always vote red or vote blue. The states in play though it absolutely matters. So maybe it's you who should rethink their "spiel".

I live in CA and know full well that hag is pulling this state. So my presidential vote is of no matter whether I vote Trump, Johnson, or pencil in the Hamburgler. I get no points for "showing what type of government I want" as nobody cares.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:45 pm 

955876 wrote:
When was the last time a 3rd party candidate won a presidential election? In most cases people will vote repub or dem. Some will vote third party. It is going to take a hell of a turn out for anyone to beat Hillary unless an indictment comes down. So with that being the case, it is very reasonable to conclude that every vote for that third party candidate hurts Trump much more than it hurts Hillary as she will get her votes regardless.

Shit, winning California and its 55 electoral votes gets her a 20% head start. Pulling in NY puts her at 30% of the vote needed with just those two states. No way in hell Trump pulls CA and holy liberal NY is a likely pipe dream for Trump as well.

Your statement holds water if we are talking the states that pretty much always vote red or vote blue. The states in play though it absolutely matters. So maybe it's you who should rethink their "spiel".

I live in CA and know full well that hag is pulling this state. So my presidential vote is of no matter whether I vote Trump, Johnson, or pencil in the Hamburgler. I get no points for "showing what type of government I want" as nobody cares.

Your vote matters electoral if your vote can change your states' electoral outcome. Since these are winner take all states in general, it only matters if your vote would tilt the outcome to either a tie or to a victory. When is the last time a state came down to a single vote. Ever? Stat professionals put it at an incredible low likelihood (i.e. Lottery has better odds) that your vote can swing the election. Thinking that you are in a battleground state...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm 

Not in a battleground state, already said CA so I know full well my presidential votes mean shit. Unfortunately.

It's the battleground states I'm concerned with. Assume for a moment that in a highly competitive battleground state that Hillary pulls 45%, Trump 40%, and Johnson picks up 15%.

Now take Johnson out of the equation. If 11% of Johnson's vote go to Trump with the remaining 4% going to Hillary, Trump wins the state 51% to 49%. So it absolutely does matter in those states that can go either way.

And I realize that could just as easily work against Trump as well in my scenario. However, I tend to think that people who support Hillary will do so regardless as they are already in her camp and that many who'd vote third party would do so because they wouldn't vote Hillary regardless but also don't care for Trump. So in the end I belive a third party candidate hurts the republican see much more than it would hurt the democrats side. And I'd think most political experts would agree with that as third party candidates have hurt the republicans more in the past by splitting the vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:04 pm 

I actually don't like the electoral college format. It's absolutely ridiculous that millions of people's don't get their voice heard in the election because of winner take all electoral nonsense.

California is a great example. Highly highly liberal in the two most heavily populated areas of LA and San Francisco Bay Area. Move away from those areas and there are A LOT of people who highly disagree with California's extremely liberal stances on things.

I say make every damn vote count with a popular vote. Every vote matters in that system.

It would have kept the second Bush out of office and maybe we don't end up with the mess in Iraq that we have today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:45 pm 

It's more ridiculous that people who don't pay taxes or serve in the military and take government benefits get the same vote as those who do.

What other organization could survive with that model? If consumers of Apple products got the same votes a shareholders, the price of an iPhone would be two dollars and the company would go bankrupt. If a POA gave squatters the same vote as homeowners, it would be taken over by free riders.

There is nothing magical about democracy or 50% plus 1. Democracy in the Middle East has been a particularly disastrous notion. (this is a knock on Bush and the naive neo-cons).

Tocqueville among others wrote about this and the fathers certainly understood and feared mob rule.

More and more I'm liking the citizens and civilians model of Starship Troopers for a sustainable republic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next