It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kenny Chesney?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:44 pm 

R S wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
He's a 'B' level country music star....I guess this explains why Tomlin is so pouplar

I'm not a country fan at all, but that doesn't sound right. I don't think there is any way he's considered a B level country star.

Yeah...I'm not sure about now, but not too long ago he was one of country music's top dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:01 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
R S wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
He's a 'B' level country music star....I guess this explains why Tomlin is so pouplar

I'm not a country fan at all, but that doesn't sound right. I don't think there is any way he's considered a B level country star.

Yeah...I'm not sure about now, but not too long ago he was one of country music's top dogs.

Which says exactly everything I need to know about country music.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:30 am 

They announced some bullshit policy for the Guns N' Roses concert that everyone has to be in the stadium by 7PM (show starts at 7:30, GnR isn't expected to take the stage until probably 9 or so).

Can't help but think it's a reaction to the Chesney debacle to get all the tailgaters into the stadium faster.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:33 pm 

As stated, not just Pittsburgh. Here's one of my favorite things to bring up with Browns fans:
Quote:
Reports of stinky sewage and alcohol sales suspended after 8 inches of water surfaced in the basement of Browns Stadium during the much anticipated Kenny Chesney Concert, has some concert attendees ticked off and sick to their stomachs.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/6791018/browns-stadium-floods-during-kenny-chesney-concert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Which says exactly everything I need to know about country music.

If you ever needed proof of how vapid country music is, here you go. This guy mashes 6 (then 7) different country songs together - all have the same chord structure, vocal style, subject matter, etc:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:31 pm 

When I was growing up my mom always listened to country. I could not stand it. HATED it considering I was a little metal head at the time.

Now that I've grown up I realized I was missing out. The music she was listening to was not only outstanding but legendary.

Now back then, her country was Willie, Waylon, and Hank Jr.

Country today is garbage. Pure carbage. Especially the crap the male artist regurgitate.

Those guys back in the day lived it and you could feel it in the music.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:37 pm 

955876 wrote:
When I was growing up my mom always listened to country. I could not stand it. HATED it considering I was a little metal head at the time.

Now that I've grown up I realized I was missing out. The music she was listening to was not only outstanding but legendary.

Now back then, her country was Willie, Waylon, and Hank Jr.

Country today is garbage. Pure carbage. Especially the crap the male artist regurgitate.

Those guys back in the day lived it and you could feel it in the music.

Exactly. OUTLAW / COSMIC country music is great. However, there is still very, very good country music being made. Google Sturgill Simpson and get ready to be very pleasantly surprised.

Most country is shitty pop fluff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:38 pm 

Or, this was another thinly veiled attempt by Nick to spew anti Pittsburgh bullshit, and it was yet again shot down.