It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7408
As suspected the big Pharma machine leverages and promotes white collar crime at the expense or human kind

I'm pointing the megaphone big time at a certain person here complicit in such garbage

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... aceuticals

Quote:

The pharmaceutical group GlaxoSmithKline has been fined $3bn (£1.9bn) after admitting bribing doctors and encouraging the prescription of unsuitable antidepressants to children. Glaxo is also expected to admit failing to report safety problems with the diabetes drug Avandia in a district court in Boston on Thursday.

The company encouraged sales reps in the US to mis-sell three drugs to doctors and lavished hospitality and kickbacks on those who agreed to write extra prescriptions, including trips to resorts in Bermuda, Jamaica and California.

The company admitted corporate misconduct over the antidepressants Paxil and Wellbutrin and asthma drug Advair.

Psychiatrists and their partners were flown to five-star hotels, on all-expenses-paid trips where speakers, paid up to $2,500 to attend, gave presentations on the drugs. They could enjoy diving, golf, fishing and other extra activities arranged by the company.

app
Download the free Guardian app
Download the free Guardian app
Read the latest news from across the world and save articles to read across your devices and desktop.
Click here
GSK also paid for articles on its drugs to appear in medical journals and "independent" doctors were hired by the company to promote the treatments, according to court documents.

Paxil – which was only approved for adults – was promoted as suitable for children and teenagers by the company despite trials that showed it was ineffective, according to prosecutors.

Children and teenagers are only treated with antidepressants in exceptional circumstances due to an increased risk of suicide.

GSK held eight lavish three-day events in 2000 and 2001 at hotels in Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Palm Springs, California, to promote the drug to doctors for unapproved use.

Those who attended were given $750, free board and lodging and access to activities including snorkelling, golf, deep-sea fishing, rafting, glass-bottomed boat rides, hot-air balloon rides and, on one trip, a tour of the Bacardi rum distillery, all paid for by GSK.

Air fares were also covered for doctors and spouses, in most cases, and speakers at the event were paid $2,500 each.

Before one event, the compere said: "We have a wonderful and unforgettable night planned. Without giving it all away, I can tell you – you'll be experiencing a taste of luxury."

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Last edited by BethlehemSteel on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20025
The company has over 100,000 employees, and the events in the article occurred three years before I started working for them...yet I'm "complicit".

And there is a major hidden assumption in your argument that I will leave you to figure out, Beth.

Even as I doubt your ability to do so.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7408
Jeemie wrote:
The company has over 100,000 employees, and the events in the article occurred three years before I started working for them...yet I'm "complicit".

And there is a major hidden assumption in your argument that I will leave you to figure out, Beth.

Even as I doubt your ability to do so.

Thre hidden assumption is you are a cog in that wheel and you know this is happening

I suspected for 10 years or more doctors are pushing more drugs to people for everything.

Here is documented proof.

Doesn't matter theyre still most likely employing this for other newer drugs

The payoff is worth the effort until the next time they have to pay

You are in protection mode as usual blue band horn blower

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The big Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7408
Jeemie wrote:
The company has over 100,000 employees, and the events in the article occurred three years before I started working for them...yet I'm "complicit".

And there is a major hidden assumption in your argument that I will leave you to figure out, Beth.

Even as I doubt your ability to do so.


Quote:
Despite the large fine, $3bn is far less than the profits made from the drugs. Avandia has made $10.4bn in sales, Paxil took $11.6bn, and Wellbutrin sales were $5.9bn during the years covered by the settlement, according to IMS Health, a data group that consults for drug makers.


I am willing to bet based in the above quote that they still push stuff that, in side effect form can kill you more than help u

Doesn't matter if you were there then, they still do it as do the other big Pharma companies

The amount of drugs on TV is ten fold now over 2001 etc and more prevalent push occurs. Ask anyone who goes to a doctor for something they can Prob get through with somethjng simple, yet the doctor transmits scripts for more than one drug to compound.

You can call me a tin foil on this one too but you're a liar and sad you would protect big pharma.

Better to sell lemonade to help cancer victims

My intuition and experience tells me otherwise

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20025
Your hidden assumption is that because there is some fraud, therefore the whole system must be fraudulent...and that there is zero benefit to taking any pharmaceutical product, period.

What factual evidence do you have that supports that assumption?

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7408
Like I said white collar crime

http://www.natural.news/2015-11-04-glax ... women.html

Business ethics non existent

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7408
Jeemie wrote:
Your hidden assumption is that because there is some fraud, therefore the whole system must be fraudulent...and that there is zero benefit to taking any pharmaceutical product, period.

What factual evidence do you have that supports that assumption?


Spoken like a true yes man

Do you dare me to document all the big pharma lawsuits over same ?

Are you that stupid to dare me?

Keep circling the drain horn blower

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20025
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Like I said white collar crime

http://www.natural.news/2015-11-04-glax ... women.html

Business ethics non existent


All of those cases happened in the early 2000s.

Since then, GSK has altered the way it compensates its sales force to minimize such occurrences (although I'm sure they will still happen).

Again I will ask you what is the factual basis for your hidden assumption that every facet of the industry is fraudulent?

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20025
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Your hidden assumption is that because there is some fraud, therefore the whole system must be fraudulent...and that there is zero benefit to taking any pharmaceutical product, period.

What factual evidence do you have that supports that assumption?


Spoken like a true yes man

Do you dare me to document all the big pharma lawsuits over same ?

Are you that stupid to dare me?

Keep circling the drain horn blower


Do you think I am unaware of all the fraud that has happened in the pharmaceutical industry? Do you think I am unaware of its size and scope?

I asked you a question...what factual evidence do you have that every facet of the industry is fraudulent, and there is zero benefits to be gained from the industry at all?

Every industry has fraud that has caused harm to customers.

Every...single...one.

There is no industry you can work for where it doesn't happen.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7408
Jeemie wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Like I said white collar crime

http://www.natural.news/2015-11-04-glax ... women.html

Business ethics non existent


All of those cases happened in the early 2000s.

Since then, GSK has altered the way it compensates its sales force to minimize such occurrences (although I'm sure they will still happen).

Again I will ask you what is the factual basis for your hidden assumption that every facet of the industry is fraudulent?

I see what companies do with their sales comp and how they document their books and op procedures......they lie and cheat.....it leads to bigger profits. It's very prevalent

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group