It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The BIG Pharma crime
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:22 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
For a site that spent a great deal of time not so long ago trying to end personal attacks, I'm quite surprised to see a thread dedicated to attacking a specific poster's livelihood.

Maybe surprised isn't the right word, but still.

Grow the fuck up, Beth.

Have a problem with an industry, by all means discuss it in generalities in the General thread. But that's pretty childish to directly point it at Jeemie.

Did you not learn your lesson when you used to troll the Pens threads and got awarded some time off?

Hey fuck you and your dual name.....yes dual. Take your shit elsewhere please...you weren't even a member until 6 months after I got the time off. Yeah a got a month off for starting a friendly debate over hockey. You're a huge hypocrite also.....especially attacking me with your Pens parade video and a few other jabs. Hence I didn't partake of your little thread aimed at trying to rile me up. Pot meet kettle. Being a dual means you were banned under another name or 2 8-)

jeemie seems to have a side job working these pages and inciting riots with his outspoken bs. Trying to convince all of you with his holistic magical powders. He's the man who represents the man.....so i digress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:46 am 

Don't get me started on this topic. The drug comp's have taken lobbying to a completely different level over the past 25 yrs. And the tactic of taking doc's to lunch or whatever to assign a specific drug to patients is abhorrent.

But I have to say that calling out a SPECIFIC poster by their profession isn't cool. There is a line here with our professional lives that shouldn't be crossed. I didn't know where Jeemie worked and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:25 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
For a site that spent a great deal of time not so long ago trying to end personal attacks, I'm quite surprised to see a thread dedicated to attacking a specific poster's livelihood.

Maybe surprised isn't the right word, but still.

Grow the fuck up, Beth.

Have a problem with an industry, by all means discuss it in generalities in the General thread. But that's pretty childish to directly point it at Jeemie.

Did you not learn your lesson when you used to troll the Pens threads and got awarded some time off?

Hey fuck you and your dual name.....yes dual. Take your shit elsewhere please...you weren't even a member until 6 months after I got the time off. Yeah a got a month off for starting a friendly debate over hockey. You're a huge hypocrite also.....especially attacking me with your Pens parade video and a few other jabs. Hence I didn't partake of your little thread aimed at trying to rile me up. Pot meet kettle. Being a dual means you were banned under another name or 2 8-)

jeemie seems to have a side job working these pages and inciting riots with his outspoken bs. Trying to convince all of you with his holistic magical powders. He's the man who represents the man.....so i digress

Oh please. Taking a jab at a fan of a rival team on your own message board is a far cry from attacking someone's livelihood when you know jack shit about what they actually do in an industry.

Total asshat move.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:51 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Don't get me started on this topic. The drug comp's have taken lobbying to a completely different level over the past 25 yrs. And the tactic of taking doc's to lunch or whatever to assign a specific drug to patients is abhorrent.

There are abuses, and bad drugs....and there's a lot of good, effective drugs, too.

It would, and probably should, scare the shit out of people to know what really goes on. Part of the wining and dining is completely legit, because competing drugs do the same thing. But what people don't realize is how critical pharma and medical device salespeople are in EDUCATING doctors, and they want to know they have a good relationship that will continue to educate them after the sale. And that practice has been pretty dead for a long time, moving to office lunch catering and now that's mostly gone.

I have a friend in medical devices, and he's IN the surgeries sometimes telling them how to use the device and there to answer any questions that come up - while the person is under the knife!

You can say piss off to drugs and pimp holistic or whatever....I'm guessing your attitude changes as you near 60 or you may not see 70.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:14 pm 

All of this antipharma BS would be wonderful if 99.5% of the garbage in the GNC store and in Alterna-world worked but it doesn't.

Steve Jobs thought he was smarter than his doctors too. And he had a treatable form of pancreatic cancer.

Pharma, like the US, sucks compared to utopia but is miles ahead of everything else, which somehow doesn't get graded on the same curve.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:08 pm 

Try comparing the pharmaceutical issues in the US with other western countries and not with the pre-drug middle ages.. There is a massive problem in the USA with pharmaceuticals, from amount prescribed, to commercials, to kickbacks and to say "it's better than not having them" is a foolishly simplistic retort.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:59 pm 

It's all fun and games until someone shows up at the surf shop..... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:16 pm 

superk wrote:

True, I'd be a little paranoid if Beth knew where I worked and my name. He's definitely top 2 or 3 most mentally unstable on the board.

I'm pretty sure Jeemie has linked things to his facebook before so it's partially his fault.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:04 pm 

R S wrote:
Try comparing the pharmaceutical issues in the US with other western countries

You do realize it's all pretty much the same Big Pharma? There's no "Big Pharma" for the US and "Little Pharma" for Canada and everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:06 pm 

R S wrote:
superk wrote:

True, I'd be a little paranoid if Beth knew where I worked and my name. He's definitely top 2 or 3 most mentally unstable on the board.

I'm pretty sure Jeemie has linked things to his facebook before so it's partially his fault.

Hopefully your taxes are paid in full :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next