It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steeler fan in the White House??
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:36 am 

superk wrote:
I understand the circumstances but am still (possibly more) confused. No matter who the audience is your message should be fundamentally consistent. Pandering if not pure hypocrisy.

What constitutes an at risk child these days? Are there kids without risk? I used to like going to friends houses with boozy parents, they cracked me up. Hard to believe she could have been that bad going thru the trouble to adopt in 1951?!?

On a more serious note, it needs to be emphasized that he is in no way, shape, or form a "regular Pittsburgh guy". These career politicians and career politicians for a reason.

In this case, the "at-risk" kids were youth adjudicated as abused/neglected, delinquent or as status offenders by the State of New Hampshire's child-protective and juvenile justice agency, all in out-of-home placement.

As far as Vilsack goes, good to have your assessment of a guy you've likely never met. I spent a fair amount of time with him and his wife over the course of an evening, felt like I got to know him a little bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Always trust Swiss to skirt the political taboo here by making it "Steeler-related." What will inevitably happen, and already has given the few posts here, is posters injecting their own political preferences. Then, a war even though the board rules state absolutely no politics. SMH

Stupid rule anyways - should be able to discuss in general discussion, have no idea why that's a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:07 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Always trust Swiss to skirt the political taboo here by making it "Steeler-related." What will inevitably happen, and already has given the few posts here, is posters injecting their own political preferences. Then, a war even though the board rules state absolutely no politics. SMH

Let's speed this along.

Clinton is so corrupt and a liar. How could anyone vote for her?

Trump is wholly unprepared to do, well, anything presidential and is a racist. Can you imagine Trump handling sensitive global issues? My God. How could anyone vote for him?

A vote for a third party is a wasted vote and you are a hippie if you think it matters. How could anyone vote for one?

Trump not a politician is the point. How's that been working for us? Racist lol - he wants to keep illegals out and he is a racist. Ha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:05 pm 

It’s because Vilsack, in his own mind, remains a son of the place of his birth and upbringing ― Pittsburgh. He maintains close ties there, and is a typically impassioned member of the Pittsburgh diaspora of emigrants created by the collapse of the local steel-based economy in the 1970s.

An orphan who was left almost literally on the doorstep of the Sister of Charity’s Roselia Founding Home in 1950, Vilsack was educated in local schools and steeped in Pittsburgh culture before leaving the city for good after graduating from Hamilton College.

A Roman Catholic whose father was of Eastern European stock ― the staple of working-class white Pittsburgh ― Vilsack grew up an ardent fan of the Pirates and the Steelers and remains focused on them with the kind of emotion and obsessive detail that only the locals fully understand and appreciate.

As a fellow Pittsburgher, I know all this: Vilsack and I talk Steelers all the time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hil ... 06ec5c20b9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:35 pm 

Tim Kaine, D-VA. Originally from St. Paul so a Vikings fan? Or if he's been in VA for a period of time, a Redskins fan? The only thing I could find about his fandom is this:

http://deadspin.com/tim-kaine-a-mizzou- ... 1784164548

Sorry the Pittsburgh guy didn't work out, Swiss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:50 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Tim Kaine, D-VA. Originally from St. Paul so a Vikings fan? Or if he's been in VA for a period of time, a Redskins fan? The only thing I could find about his fandom is this:

http://deadspin.com/tim-kaine-a-mizzou- ... 1784164548

Sorry the Pittsburgh guy didn't work out, Swiss.

Would have been cool....prob seen some Terrible Towels on national news broadcasts, etc.

And yeah....doesn't sound like Kaine is too solid a sports fan....more into playing the harmonica.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:38 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
And yeah....doesn't sound like Kaine is too solid a sports fan....more into playing the harmonica.

nice....maybe he can play the country a really sad blues song after the election:

"My wife just got sent back to Mexico"
da-na-na-na-na
"My job's gone overseas to some Filipino"
da-na-na-na-na
"I ain't got no degree, but I'm payin' for the yuppy kid down the streee"
"And I got da blues"
"Yeahhhhhhhhh"
"Because my dog's left me too-oo"
da-na-na-na-na

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:25 am 

However will we decide who to vote for now? Candidate's favorite color? Favorite food? Astrological signs?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:26 am 

Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

nice....maybe he can play the country a really sad blues song after the election:

"My wife just got sent back to Mexico"
da-na-na-na-na
"My job's gone overseas to some Filipino"
da-na-na-na-na
"I ain't got no degree, but I'm payin' for the yuppy kid down the streee"
"And I got da blues"
"Yeahhhhhhhhh"
"Because my dog's left me too-oo"
da-na-na-na-na

:lol: