It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:05 am 

I used to work there and was an EpiPen rep. Glad I got out before this shit storm started. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm 

OhioSteeler wrote:
I used to work there and was an EpiPen rep. Glad I got out before this shit storm started. :shock:

Don't take this in an offensive way, but that job must have been a cake walk. Selling a monopolized drug/delivery system that is the difference between life for those with extreme allergies.

PS: If you have a baby, let him/her play in the dirt, crawl in the grass, pick up stones.....don't bathe them in hand sanitizer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:35 pm 

R S wrote:
OhioSteeler wrote:

Don't take this in an offensive way, but that job must have been a cake walk. Selling a monopolized drug/delivery system that is the difference between life for those with extreme allergies.

PS: If you have a baby, let him/her play in the dirt, crawl in the grass, pick up stones.....don't bathe them in hand sanitizer.

No offense taken at all, but it was very easy. We had a little over 300 EpiPen reps country wide at the time. I just can't believe they jacked the price so much.

No kids yet, but I plan on letting my kids be kids. It worked for me and it will work for them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:05 pm 

I just hear of all these kids with such extreme violent reaction to such common things.... thats not normal. Someone screwed up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Just remember this when you hear someone talk about how great and true the free market is. Or how business shouldnt be regulated. Or the beauty of trickle down economics.

Huh? It was government regulations and protections that allowed Mylan to become a monopoly. There is no such thing as a true free market. Government is always butting in and essentially creating the winners and losers. Yet people constantly want to place the blame on the free market.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:25 am 

SteelPro wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Just remember this when you hear someone talk about how great and true the free market is. Or how business shouldnt be regulated. Or the beauty of trickle down economics.

Huh? It was government regulations and protections that allowed Mylan to become a monopoly. There is no such thing as a true free market. Government is always butting in and essentially creating the winners and losers. Yet people constantly want to place the blame on the free market.

After Avi-q shut down the bean counters on mylan went for the kill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:28 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Exactly and it's called crony capitalism. Or better still, faux capitalism.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:07 pm 

955876 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Yep. There is so much burdensome government regulation, oversight, fees, and taxes that the barriers to entry are enormous in most business sectors. It stifles competition. The best way to cut through all the red tape and swim through the bullshit is to grease some crooked politician or bureaucrat's hands. Launching the Clinton Foundation was ingenious. Unethical as all hell at the very least, if not down right corrupt at most....but fucking brilliant nonetheless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:06 am 

SteelPro wrote:
955876 wrote:

Yep. There is so much burdensome government regulation, oversight, fees, and taxes that the barriers to entry are enormous in most business sectors. It stifles competition. The best way to cut through all the red tape and swim through the bullshit is to grease some crooked politician or bureaucrat's hands. Launching the Clinton Foundation was ingenious. Unethical as all hell at the very least, if not down right corrupt at most....but fucking brilliant nonetheless.

:roll: Lmao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:31 pm 

You would think someone named "steelerchef" would be a little more cognizant to over regulation given all the over reaching by the government in the food and restaurant industries. A number of states have already tried to introduce legislation requiring EpiPens to be carried at all establishments that serve food. My guess is SteelerChef would rather blow someone at city hall than buy a couple of EpiPens and pay for the mandatory training he would be forced to take on how administer an EpiPen just so could operate his hot dog cart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next