It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 139
I used to work there and was an EpiPen rep. Glad I got out before this shit storm started. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 4732
OhioSteeler wrote:
I used to work there and was an EpiPen rep. Glad I got out before this shit storm started. :shock:


Don't take this in an offensive way, but that job must have been a cake walk. Selling a monopolized drug/delivery system that is the difference between life for those with extreme allergies.


PS: If you have a baby, let him/her play in the dirt, crawl in the grass, pick up stones.....don't bathe them in hand sanitizer.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 139
R S wrote:
OhioSteeler wrote:
I used to work there and was an EpiPen rep. Glad I got out before this shit storm started. :shock:


Don't take this in an offensive way, but that job must have been a cake walk. Selling a monopolized drug/delivery system that is the difference between life for those with extreme allergies.


PS: If you have a baby, let him/her play in the dirt, crawl in the grass, pick up stones.....don't bathe them in hand sanitizer.


No offense taken at all, but it was very easy. We had a little over 300 EpiPen reps country wide at the time. I just can't believe they jacked the price so much.

No kids yet, but I plan on letting my kids be kids. It worked for me and it will work for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 4732
I just hear of all these kids with such extreme violent reaction to such common things.... thats not normal. Someone screwed up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1076
SteelerChef wrote:
Just remember this when you hear someone talk about how great and true the free market is. Or how business shouldnt be regulated. Or the beauty of trickle down economics.


Huh? It was government regulations and protections that allowed Mylan to become a monopoly. There is no such thing as a true free market. Government is always butting in and essentially creating the winners and losers. Yet people constantly want to place the blame on the free market.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7387
SteelPro wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Just remember this when you hear someone talk about how great and true the free market is. Or how business shouldnt be regulated. Or the beauty of trickle down economics.


Huh? It was government regulations and protections that allowed Mylan to become a monopoly. There is no such thing as a true free market. Government is always butting in and essentially creating the winners and losers. Yet people constantly want to place the blame on the free market.

After Avi-q shut down the bean counters on mylan went for the kill

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3258
SteelPro wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Just remember this when you hear someone talk about how great and true the free market is. Or how business shouldnt be regulated. Or the beauty of trickle down economics.


Huh? It was government regulations and protections that allowed Mylan to become a monopoly. There is no such thing as a true free market. Government is always butting in and essentially creating the winners and losers. Yet people constantly want to place the blame on the free market.


Exactly and it's called crony capitalism. Or better still, faux capitalism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1076
955876 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Just remember this when you hear someone talk about how great and true the free market is. Or how business shouldnt be regulated. Or the beauty of trickle down economics.


Huh? It was government regulations and protections that allowed Mylan to become a monopoly. There is no such thing as a true free market. Government is always butting in and essentially creating the winners and losers. Yet people constantly want to place the blame on the free market.


Exactly and it's called crony capitalism. Or better still, faux capitalism.


Yep. There is so much burdensome government regulation, oversight, fees, and taxes that the barriers to entry are enormous in most business sectors. It stifles competition. The best way to cut through all the red tape and swim through the bullshit is to grease some crooked politician or bureaucrat's hands. Launching the Clinton Foundation was ingenious. Unethical as all hell at the very least, if not down right corrupt at most....but fucking brilliant nonetheless.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1332
SteelPro wrote:
955876 wrote:

Exactly and it's called crony capitalism. Or better still, faux capitalism.


Yep. There is so much burdensome government regulation, oversight, fees, and taxes that the barriers to entry are enormous in most business sectors. It stifles competition. The best way to cut through all the red tape and swim through the bullshit is to grease some crooked politician or bureaucrat's hands. Launching the Clinton Foundation was ingenious. Unethical as all hell at the very least, if not down right corrupt at most....but fucking brilliant nonetheless.


:roll: Lmao


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EpiPen Scandal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1076
You would think someone named "steelerchef" would be a little more cognizant to over regulation given all the over reaching by the government in the food and restaurant industries. A number of states have already tried to introduce legislation requiring EpiPens to be carried at all establishments that serve food. My guess is SteelerChef would rather blow someone at city hall than buy a couple of EpiPens and pay for the mandatory training he would be forced to take on how administer an EpiPen just so could operate his hot dog cart.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group