It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Metallica about to release an LP that does not suck?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 am 

It's pretty incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 pm 

Ice wrote:
It's pretty incredible.

+1,000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 pm 

OhioSteeler wrote:
To add to the metal/rock convo, I'm going to see Clutch, Zakk Sabbath and Kyng tomorrow at Stage AE. I'm pretty pumped about that. I've been there a couple times for shows and love the venue. Lamb of God x2, Anthrax, Killswitch Engage and Testament so far.

I was at that show. Easily the worst opening acts Clutch has brought with them and I've seen Clutch well over 20 times.

Quote:
Regardless of anyone's opinion on Metallica, it's still a bucket list of mine to see them live.

Got early entry to the Quicken Loans Arena show in Cleveland a few years back when they toured for Death Magnetic. We were right up front. It was so fucking awesome. If I had won meet & greet tickets it would've been the best show I've ever seen.

But then again I love everything Metallica has ever done and was a member of their fan club for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:47 pm 

fortythree wrote:
OhioSteeler wrote:
To add to the metal/rock convo, I'm going to see Clutch, Zakk Sabbath and Kyng tomorrow at Stage AE. I'm pretty pumped about that. I've been there a couple times for shows and love the venue. Lamb of God x2, Anthrax, Killswitch Engage and Testament so far.

I was at that show. Easily the worst opening acts Clutch has brought with them and I've seen Clutch well over 20 times.

Just saw this package night before Halloween. Most acts in existence pale to the mighty Clutch in a live setting anyways, but I'm a fan of Kyng, and couldn't wait to see them. They are like Slayer meets Soundgarden, and their drummer is beast.

Zakk Sabbath, well, I just saw the genuine article not too long ago on their final tour, and i'll take a half-dead Ozzy with Iommi/Butler over that crew. Zakk uses so many harmonic pick squeals per second Dimebag Darrell rose from his grave and shot him a dirty look. They weren't the worst Black Sabbath cover band i've ever heard, and our crowd *really* dug them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:57 am 

It leaked.

It's awesome.

First disc is amazing. Second disc suffers from a couple stinkers but everything else is solid.

Mostly like Load/Black Album on steroids but the closer "Spit Out The Bone" is right up there with the first four albums.

Overall I think it's an 8.5 or a 9/10 (but then again they're my favorite band ever so...).

Much better than Death Magnetic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:01 am 

DrMalba wrote:
fortythree wrote:
OhioSteeler wrote:

Just saw this package night before Halloween. Most acts in existence pale to the mighty Clutch in a live setting anyways, but I'm a fan of Kyng, and couldn't wait to see them. They are like Slayer meets Soundgarden, and their drummer is beast.

Zakk Sabbath, well, I just saw the genuine article not too long ago on their final tour, and i'll take a half-dead Ozzy with Iommi/Butler over that crew. Zakk uses so many harmonic pick squeals per second Dimebag Darrell rose from his grave and shot him a dirty look. They weren't the worst Black Sabbath cover band i've ever heard, and our crowd *really* dug them.

I'm not a big Sabbath fan to begin with and I haven't liked a BLS song since like 2006. Zakk was too wank-y and turned everyone song into a gigantic solo. Our crowd loved them too. My buddy and I just stood there and waited for Clutch, who fucking destroyed, as usual.

I liked Kyng alright but they were boring. But Zakk Sabbath was so bad that it dragged the show down.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 am 

Meh. Hard Wired is alright. Possibly rivals the black LP from 91. Still nothing and a mere shadow compared to anything prior to the Black lp. I won't be buying it.

Surprised none of the "metal heads" mentioned Mastodon in this thread. Those guys kicked serious ass for a good while.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 am 

fortythree wrote:
It leaked.

It's awesome.

First disc is amazing. Second disc suffers from a couple stinkers but everything else is solid.

Mostly like Load/Black Album on steroids but the closer "Spit Out The Bone" is right up there with the first four albums.

Overall I think it's an 8.5 or a 9/10 (but then again they're my favorite band ever so...).

Much better than Death Magnetic.

43, I appreciate your fandom but you cannot possibly tell me with a straight face or in good faith that Spit Out the Bone is "right up there" with say The Shortest Straw or the title track Master of Puppets. Real talk now. Nothing on the new LP even begins to come close to approaching Metallica's pre-1991 beastliness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:33 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Meh. Hard Wired is alright. Possibly rivals the black LP from 91. Still nothing and a mere shadow compared to anything prior to the Black lp. I won't be buying it.

Surprised none of the "metal heads" mentioned Mastodon in this thread. Those guys kicked serious ass for a good while.

I'm not attacking you in any way, but I've never really understood that argument. Those albums were written when they were young and at a different point in life. Asking them to duplicate that in their 50's seems like a real stretch. I thought they've really brought that thrash element back to their sound though.

I saw Mastodon a few years ago and wasn't really impressed with them. I mean, they sounded good, but didn't really wow me. Lamb of God has always put on a great show. Slayer is probably one of the best live bands I've seen. Motorhead and Anthrax were great as well.

I am pretty excited about Sepultura coming out with a new album. That's a band I really want to see live.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:47 pm 

OhioSteeler wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I'm not attacking you in any way, but I've never really understood that argument. Those albums were written when they were young and at a different point in life. Asking them to duplicate that in their 50's seems like a real stretch. I thought they've really brought that thrash element back to their sound though.

I saw Mastodon a few years ago and wasn't really impressed with them. I mean, they sounded good, but didn't really wow me. Lamb of God has always put on a great show. Slayer is probably one of the best live bands I've seen. Motorhead and Anthrax were great as well.

I am pretty excited about Sepultura coming out with a new album. That's a band I really want to see live.

I don't know about Mastodon live, but their first few lps were epic.

Regarding Metallica, they can damn well do whateve the hootenanny they want! They earned it. But as far as I am concerned, the Black LP was the beginning of the end. The new record does nothing to change my opinion, though it seems much better than most of the dross following the black lp.

It's not my fault Metallica started out by making four of yh best metal los of all time. Hard to keep that going.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next