It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hollywood is creatively bankrupt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:18 pm 

Agree with your assessment of Alien covenant 36. Extremely Disappointing. Far too much never ending dialog that went nowhere. Not enough creature action, suspense, gore or thrills and a completely predictable ending. My daughter was pissed I told her the big twist in the ending before it unfolded. As a result she won't attend movies with me anymore, hahaha... my bad.

Went and saw Wonder Woman yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I realise it is the origin film and there was going to be never ending melodrama/dialog so I was prepared for those long uneventful yawn inspiring moments. Action was pretty good. Decent film.

Most the time I wait for DVD/Streaming format. I'm glad I waited for the other two you've mentioned 36. Figured the Pirates series was getting old already anyway. They've about done that to death.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:10 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
It Comes at Night is one of the worst movies I've ever watched. Alien wasn't good either, and Pirates OTC was meh.

I saw Pirates a couple weeks ago. It sucked

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:34 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
It Comes at Night is one of the worst movies I've ever watched. Alien wasn't good either, and Pirates OTC was meh.

I saw Pirates a couple weeks ago. It sucked

The scary thing is It Comes at Night makes Pirates OTC look like Pulp Fiction.

I have no clue how that movie got such glowing reviews. Everyone in the theater was like "Is that it"?

It was awful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:45 pm 

The movie industry is as good as dead. I remember going to 10-12 movies a year in the 90's and early 2000's. Now I MAYBE see one, if that. The movie options are completely garbage.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:38 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
The movie industry is as good as dead. I remember going to 10-12 movies a year in the 90's and early 2000's. Now I MAYBE see one, if that. The movie options are completely garbage.

Same for Broadway. Revivals of classics being the exeception, the new musicals don't touch Rogers and Hammerstein, Andrew Lloyd Weber and their contemporaries. Original melodies are rare, ballads are almost non existent. The choreography, sets, vocal talent is still there, it's the content, the material that when compared to the Golden Era is lacking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:32 pm 

In a break from the negativity, I do want to offer a few positives because there are still good movies being made:

- "Get Out" was fantastic. Rent it if you haven't seen it already
- There's a new movie out next week called "Baby Driver" by Edgar Wright (he was the co-writer and director of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and World's End) and it's been getting great reviews.

Back to being negative: I have never been a big comics/superhero guy, so I will be happier than hell once that fad dies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:49 pm 

I've had Suicide Squad sitting on the dvr for several weeks and finally watched it. It's fucking terrible. Just horrendous. Do not watch this movie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:10 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
I've had Suicide Squad sitting on the dvr for several weeks and finally watched it. It's fucking terrible. Just horrendous. Do not watch this movie.

I was one of a few people I know who actually liked Suicide Squad, but I went in knowing what to expect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:18 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:

I was one of a few people I know who actually liked Suicide Squad, but I went in knowing what to expect.

The only thing that movie had going for it was Margot Robbie's ass. That's it. I honestly can't believe anyone likes that movie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 pm 

Pabst wrote:
In a break from the negativity, I do want to offer a few positives because there are still good movies being made:

- "Get Out" was fantastic. Rent it if you haven't seen it already
- There's a new movie out next week called "Baby Driver" by Edgar Wright (he was the co-writer and director of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and World's End) and it's been getting great reviews.

Back to being negative: I have never been a big comics/superhero guy, so I will be happier than hell once that fad dies

I thought Get Out was GREAT. Rare I watch movies twice and I watched it on consecutive days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next