It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Direct-TV
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 pm 

For existing DirecTV customers, they will offer you deals dependent on what you have with them currently. What I mean is...if you have no promotions currently being deducted from your bill (like free movie channels or a certain dollar amount off per month for x number of months) then they (retention department) have those types of tools to work from when looking for deals for you. As an example, in my last statement I just hit my 12th of 12 months of $40 off from last year's threat to leave, so when I spoke with them several weeks ago, they told me they couldn't offer me any $ off at the time, but to call back when my next statement starts (end of month) and they should have more tools ($ discounts) to work with me on (though they did give me the regional sports channel (600's) package for free for six months during that call). It's just how their system works now and they have little to no room to work around it (wasn't quite the case before AT&T merge). If you currently receive free channels they will probably still be able to offer you a $ off per month and visa-versa. This was explained to me by a level two supervisor in the retention department - although it's called something new now - the Loyalty Department I think. It's been my vast experience that they will more than work with you if the tools are at their disposal, based on their system setup.

It also helps to complain about how you, as a loyal customer, get emails/ads stating that if you're a new customer they will give the Sunday Ticket for free and only charge you $25/mo for two years for their $90/mo channel package, plus free receivers/DRV/whole home services to boot. All while you, as a loyal customer, are paying full price for all of this...it's a sucky marketing plan, and they now it - they hear it all the time. The other complaint is how the signal goes out if it's raining (even lightly sometimes). They don't like to admit it, but they know it's true.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm 

Much worse to deal with now that AT&T are running the show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 pm 

I got the Sunday ticket max package and game pass for $429 I don't have a problem with the price since if I were to go to a bar and watch the games I would spent that amount fairly quickly with food and beer and taxi fare. I live in a building that will not allow DTV dishes if you qualify you get the package for online streaming and with it on my firestick I can take it to someones house and stream the games from there as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 pm 

I'd absolutely love to get rid of sunday ticket. I don't know how to link the TV to the computer for NFLHDTV .COM. Only $39.99 for the year. I was thinking an HDMI cable but there is not an additional port from either my tower or router. Was going to try ethernet cable but the TV does not have a port for that. Guess I'm SOL.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I'd absolutely love to get rid of sunday ticket. I don't know how to link the TV to the computer for NFLHDTV .COM. Only $39.99 for the year. I was thinking an HDMI cable but there is not an additional port from either my tower or router. Was going to try ethernet cable but the TV does not have a port for that. Guess I'm SOL.

I'm on the horn with directv right now. Can you really get access to all the games on NFLHDTV.com for $40? If so, fuck AT&T!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:31 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Chromecast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Read the reviews before you buy it.. sounds like a rip off site to me.. Normally I can see a few bad reviews, just because people like to bitch about everything..
however I read the first 20 reviews and it looks like 90% are bad..
if it looks to good to be true.... it probable is...

also for going from your PC to your TV.. if you don't have a HDMI slot on you PC you can Go DVI to HDMI with just a cable from Amazon..

Just trying to help..
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... VI+to+HDMI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:47 pm 

Tundralag wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Read the reviews before you buy it.. sounds like a rip off site to me.. Normally I can see a few bad reviews, just because people like to bitch about everything..
however I read the first 20 reviews and it looks like 90% are bad..
if it looks to good to be true.... it probable is...

also for going from your PC to your TV.. if you don't have a HDMI slot on you PC you can Go DVI to HDMI with just a cable from Amazon..

Just trying to help..
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... VI+to+HDMI

Looks like a fraud site based on what I can find out. Very high risk site.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"