It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is the fattest here ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:45 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
I was at Cedar Point over the weekend and got to experience some time with the general populous. It put a lot of things in perspective.

We live in a weird country. The shortages of the past have steeled in our minds to prepare for a winter that never comes. Spent most of my 40s trying to get to 300# woke up one day after a business trip and decided it was time to do better and finish a workout plan. They used to ask if I played football, then they asked if I was an LB, pretty soon I'll be a safety. Cover corner might be a bit much.

Do some boxing training- lots of core work (throw punches from your core not your arm) and jump rope (you can burn 1000 calories in an hour)- do it in the pool starting out to take the stress off your knees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:47 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
I was at Cedar Point over the weekend and got to experience some time with the general populous. It put a lot of things in perspective.

We live in a weird country. The shortages of the past have steeled in our minds to prepare for a winter that never comes. Spent most of my 40s trying to get to 300# woke up one day after a business trip and decided it was time to do better and finish a workout plan. They used to ask if I played football, then they asked if I was an LB, pretty soon I'll be a safety. Cover corner might be a bit much.

Do some boxing training- lots of core work (throw punches from your core not your arm) and jump rope (you can burn 1000 calories in an hour)- do it in the pool starting out to take the stress off your knees.

I gotta get back to swimming

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

is this tongue in cheek? Now I'm assuming you are American, and I'm assuming you didn't grow up during the depression (the avatar is a good hint). This country is fat because of soda and processed foods in abundance. Not because we went through some extreme hardship anytime recently. Probably not enough hardship, that's what creates fat, soft, turds.

this comes to mind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:48 pm 

Nice societal life cycle image rs. I don't understand why, or how people allow themselves to get so out of shape? Wouldn't you feel like shit? I don't like feeling like shit. I've been hard on myself with respect to boozing and less than perfect diet in the past, but I've always remained active as a motherfucker, just cause I'm wired that way I guess, I don't formally work out. I believe staying active has saved my ass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:52 pm 

R S wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

is this tongue in cheek? Now I'm assuming you are American, and I'm assuming you didn't grow up during the depression (the avatar is a good hint). This country is fat because of soda and processed foods in abundance. Not because we went through some extreme hardship anytime recently. Probably not enough hardship, that's what creates fat, soft, turds.

Processed foods are a problem but the bigger issue is really sedentary lifestyles. I'm 5'7, 160 and 42 years old. I work a desk job. I watch what I eat but I'm not anal about it. I'll eat pizza, burgers, burritos, or cheesesteaks occasionally. I eat a little junk everyday. Maybe a cookie, maybe some ice cream. I'll have a few beers on the weekend. And god damn do I love pancakes and waffles. I would absolutely blow up if it wasn't for my activity levels. I'm in the the gym 3 days a week. I cycle 3 days a week. If the weather is not shitty I walk a mile and a half to the train station instead of driving. According to my fitbit I average 15000 steps per day and nearly 7 miles of walking. From March thru October I'm on a baseball field most Saturdays and Sundays either playing or umpiring. Bottom line is I'm burning a shit ton of calories. Once upon a time Americans did that through hard work. Now we have to do through hard play. I think most people just choose to sit on their asses when they reach middle age.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:08 pm 

I disagree. Jog on the treadmill for at 6 mph for 40 minutes. That's a lot of activity right? that will burn you about 460-500 calories. Eat one rinky dink double cheeseburger at McDonalds (437 cal) and you're 40 minutes of jogging completely negated. That's not include fries and a sugary soda. You get my point. It's what you do while your sedentary like eating and drinking, that kills you.

The meathead saying that six pack abs aren't made in the gym, but in the kitchen are true.

The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut out a meal. I fast from 9pm until lunchtime most work days. Coffee, tea or water until then. It's not so hard.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:23 pm 

What the fuck does any of this have to do with Steeler football?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:36 pm 

RS, there is lots of reasearch that shows skipping breakfast causes your body to store fat.

Not getting up in your biz, just sharing what I've heard a bunch of times that breakfast is super important in the fat burning process.

Maybe have breakfast & skip lunch.

Guilty myself. Breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and I go hungry till lunch Mon-Fri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:42 pm 

Calories in, calories out. That's about all there is to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 pm 

This thread's first 3 pages were arguably the best in SF history.... :)

Fat Americans and our bad industrialized 1st world diet are old news. How fat urban China has gotten in one generation is shocking. Once it is not longer cool to consume everything in existence, they'll be money to be made in the Shanghai weight loss industry.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next