It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is the fattest here ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:51 pm 

955876 wrote:
RS, there is lots of reasearch that shows skipping breakfast causes your body to store fat.

Not getting up in your biz, just sharing what I've heard a bunch of times that breakfast is super important in the fat burning process.

Maybe have breakfast & skip lunch.

Guilty myself. Breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and I go hungry till lunch Mon-Fri

There's also research that debunks it: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/upshot/sorry-theres-nothing-magical-about-breakfast.html

Nutrition & excercise science seems to completely change every few years. Just stay active and eat right and you're probably going to be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:04 pm 

R S wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Funny you should say that, I saw high pitch at Heinz Field two years ago. Heard the voice turned around and no shit it was him. Wearing an AB jersey.

Who was he sponging off to get to the game?

The late Joey Boots?

No sign of Joey, I figured the same thing. Turns out he was in town making an appearance the night before at a local comedy club. He was every bit of 400 lbs.[/quote]

He and medicated Pete make appearances at some comedy club at times. I've seen Pete wearing the t-shirt in pictures. I can't recall the name. I think the one caller from Pittsburgh (who's a borderline whackpacker) sucker punched Joey Boots at a Pirates game a year or so ago. High Pitch was with him.[/quote]

Yep...guy's name is Pittsburgh Pete. By the way, medicated Pete annoys the shit out of me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:18 pm 

Pabst wrote:
955876 wrote:
RS, there is lots of reasearch that shows skipping breakfast causes your body to store fat.

Not getting up in your biz, just sharing what I've heard a bunch of times that breakfast is super important in the fat burning process.

Maybe have breakfast & skip lunch.

Guilty myself. Breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and I go hungry till lunch Mon-Fri

There's also research that debunks it: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/upshot/sorry-theres-nothing-magical-about-breakfast.html

Nutrition & excercise science seems to completely change every few years. Just stay active and eat right and you're probably going to be fine.

Beat me to it. I haven't read the article, but there are MAJOR health benefits to intermittent fasting. And the whole eat lots of small meals a day to improve metabolism is BS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm 

R S wrote:
I disagree. Jog on the treadmill for at 6 mph for 40 minutes. That's a lot of activity right? that will burn you about 460-500 calories. Eat one rinky dink double cheeseburger at McDonalds (437 cal) and you're 40 minutes of jogging completely negated. That's not include fries and a sugary soda. You get my point. It's what you do while your sedentary like eating and drinking, that kills you.

The meathead saying that six pack abs aren't made in the gym, but in the kitchen are true.

The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut out a meal. I fast from 9pm until lunchtime most work days. Coffee, tea or water until then. It's not so hard.

No. That is not a lot activity. It is 40 minutes of activity. Do that twice a week and it might be adequate for basic cadiac health. But it isn't enough to make up for an otherwise sedentary lifestyle. I'm not saying people should work out like freaks so they can eat as much crap as they want. I'm just saying when people get off their asses on the regular they can eat a lot more liberally. Whatever works to maintain calorie in vs calorie out balance. You either burn off more or restrict the intake, or better yet a combination of both.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:44 pm 

Well good news then. It's 1:45pm and I've yet to have a bite yet today. Typical most work days.

I've heard the reasearch I mentioned and always figured I wasn't doing myself any favors for skipping breakfast. Guess it's not a big deal if the research you guys are referring to is correct.

Two years ago I shed 37 lbs in about 3 months. Maybe not even a full 3 months. Clothes were falling off me. And I didn't start big. Was only 205 before the weight loss.

No diet or exercise.

Purely stress paired with cutting back on alcohol.

Have gained about half of it back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm 

Great to see some fellow Stern fans on here!

Baba booey to you all.

Oh quah tanzin whann.

Quah ansah la-jowahn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

Baba booey to you all.

Oh quah tanzin whann.

Quah ansah la-jowahn.

Stern gets a lot of grief for his treating of the disabled(Whack pack) but his interviews are always compelling and interesting. Dan Rather and James Caan are two of my favorites.

I remember a Whack Pack segment where they had Bigfoot on as a guest. They brought in an Obama look-a like/sound-a like. Took a few minutes to convince Bigfoot but they got there. Bigfoot asks Obama to nuke Vermont so the imposter along with Stern's special effects department made a go of it.
Bigfoot bought it and was the happiest man that afternoon!

The Hi-pitched Eric and Donnie Wahlberg thing is bizarre but it sure does get Hi-pitched excited.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 pm 

955876 wrote:
Well good news then. It's 1:45pm and I've yet to have a bite yet today. Typical most work days.

I've heard the reasearch I mentioned and always figured I wasn't doing myself any favors for skipping breakfast. Guess it's not a big deal if the research you guys are referring to is correct.

Two years ago I shed 37 lbs in about 3 months. Maybe not even a full 3 months. Clothes were falling off me. And I didn't start big. Was only 205 before the weight loss.

No diet or exercise.

Purely stress paired with cutting back on alcohol.

Have gained about half of it back.

I suggest anyone interested in losing weight and getting healthier to check out this BBC documentary. Really interesting. I did the 5 and 2 diet for a couple months. I really enjoyed it and cut down from 205 to 190

PS: this should definitely go to general discussion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:31 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
R S wrote:
I disagree. Jog on the treadmill for at 6 mph for 40 minutes. That's a lot of activity right? that will burn you about 460-500 calories. Eat one rinky dink double cheeseburger at McDonalds (437 cal) and you're 40 minutes of jogging completely negated. That's not include fries and a sugary soda. You get my point. It's what you do while your sedentary like eating and drinking, that kills you.

The meathead saying that six pack abs aren't made in the gym, but in the kitchen are true.

The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut out a meal. I fast from 9pm until lunchtime most work days. Coffee, tea or water until then. It's not so hard.

No. That is not a lot activity. It is 40 minutes of activity. Do that twice a week and it might be adequate for basic cadiac health. But it isn't enough to make up for an otherwise sedentary lifestyle. I'm not saying people should work out like freaks so they can eat as much crap as they want. I'm just saying when people get off their asses on the regular they can eat a lot more liberally. Whatever works to maintain calorie in vs calorie out balance. You either burn off more or restrict the intake, or better yet a combination of both.

While diet and exercise are both important, RS is right on track. Diet, or really what it needs to be called, 'lifestyle', is the key for obese Americans (over 30% BMI) consuming a Western Diet. Actually, most obese folks would truly benefit from a mid-term water fasting followed by a gradual introduction to a whole foods plant based diet. 98% of their health problems are diet related and would simply go away over a short period of time. With weight loss a much more active lifestyle will/should follow. Taste buds will revert to their normal state and healthy foods will taste much, much better. Trust me, I know much of this firsthand. Also, most folks don't realize that there are plenty of really muscular, healthy looking people that are a wreck on the inside due to the massive amounts of inappropriate protein they consume.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting more educated. Not judging, just glad to pay it forward.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

Baba booey to you all.

Oh quah tanzin whann.

Quah ansah la-jowahn.

Totally miss Riley

The aliens prank calling him:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g50PdYeeP90

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next