It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is the fattest here ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 pm 

DP39 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
R S wrote:
I disagree. Jog on the treadmill for at 6 mph for 40 minutes. That's a lot of activity right? that will burn you about 460-500 calories. Eat one rinky dink double cheeseburger at McDonalds (437 cal) and you're 40 minutes of jogging completely negated. That's not include fries and a sugary soda. You get my point. It's what you do while your sedentary like eating and drinking, that kills you.

The meathead saying that six pack abs aren't made in the gym, but in the kitchen are true.

The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut out a meal. I fast from 9pm until lunchtime most work days. Coffee, tea or water until then. It's not so hard.

No. That is not a lot activity. It is 40 minutes of activity. Do that twice a week and it might be adequate for basic cadiac health. But it isn't enough to make up for an otherwise sedentary lifestyle. I'm not saying people should work out like freaks so they can eat as much crap as they want. I'm just saying when people get off their asses on the regular they can eat a lot more liberally. Whatever works to maintain calorie in vs calorie out balance. You either burn off more or restrict the intake, or better yet a combination of both.

While diet and exercise are both important, RS is right on track. Diet, or really what it needs to be called, 'lifestyle', is the key for obese Americans (over 30% BMI) consuming a Western Diet. Actually, most obese folks would truly benefit from a mid-term water fasting followed by a gradual introduction to a whole foods plant based diet. 98% of their health problems are diet related and would simply go away over a short period of time. With weight loss a much more active lifestyle will/should follow. Taste buds will revert to their normal state and healthy foods will taste much, much better. Trust me, I know much of this firsthand. Also, most folks don't realize that there are plenty of really muscular, healthy looking people that are a wreck on the inside due to the massive amounts of inappropriate protein they consume.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting more educated. Not judging, just glad to pay it forward.
Please don't ignore economics and the choices available to americans. Not everybody has the same choices.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 pm 

Agreed... some fatasses need a reduction in food stamps. They're clearly wasting calories.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Calories in, calories out. That's about all there is to it.

Yep. Where diet and macros come more into play is getting the most efficient use out of your calories (i.e. empty calories leave you filling like crap unless you're overeating).

And while eating 5-6X a day doesn't increase metabolism, it DOES help you to stick to a lower calorie intake because when you lower calories 5-6 hours between meals makes the diet tough, and you feel hungry all the time and lacking energy other times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:48 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
DP39 wrote:
R S wrote:
I disagree. Jog on the treadmill for at 6 mph for 40 minutes. That's a lot of activity right? that will burn you about 460-500 calories. Eat one rinky dink double cheeseburger at McDonalds (437 cal) and you're 40 minutes of jogging completely negated. That's not include fries and a sugary soda. You get my point. It's what you do while your sedentary like eating and drinking, that kills you.

The meathead saying that six pack abs aren't made in the gym, but in the kitchen are true.

The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut out a meal. I fast from 9pm until lunchtime most work days. Coffee, tea or water until then. It's not so hard.

No. That is not a lot activity. It is 40 minutes of activity. Do that twice a week and it might be adequate for basic cadiac health. But it isn't enough to make up for an otherwise sedentary lifestyle. I'm not saying people should work out like freaks so they can eat as much crap as they want. I'm just saying when people get off their asses on the regular they can eat a lot more liberally. Whatever works to maintain calorie in vs calorie out balance. You either burn off more or restrict the intake, or better yet a combination of both.

While diet and exercise are both important, RS is right on track. Diet, or really what it needs to be called, 'lifestyle', is the key for obese Americans (over 30% BMI) consuming a Western Diet. Actually, most obese folks would truly benefit from a mid-term water fasting followed by a gradual introduction to a whole foods plant based diet. 98% of their health problems are diet related and would simply go away over a short period of time. With weight loss a much more active lifestyle will/should follow. Taste buds will revert to their normal state and healthy foods will taste much, much better. Trust me, I know much of this firsthand. Also, most folks don't realize that there are plenty of really muscular, healthy looking people that are a wreck on the inside due to the massive amounts of inappropriate protein they consume.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting more educated. Not judging, just glad to pay it forward.
Please don't ignore economics and the choices available to americans. Not everybody has the same choices.[/quote]

While I agree, most of the cheapest calories are the worst for you and not every single person in America has access to a large supply of fruits and vegetables, there are ways to eat a whole foods (not to be confused with the expensive store) plant based diet on a budget. It can be done for less than $25 a week with some effort. It's really about education and choices, but many are fighting an uphill battle against the powerful big 5 Agra companies, for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm 

955876 wrote:
RS, there is lots of reasearch that shows skipping breakfast causes your body to store fat.

What I've read is your body is pretty efficient at storing and using fat, with the caveat being it will signal your brain that you're hungry and should eat before it resorts to burning fat stores - your body really likes to hang onto those fats cells like Mike Tomlin loves to save his timeouts.

But basically it goes that 1 big meal a day vs. the same calories in 6 small meals really does nothing. Your body adapts. You burn fat with a calorie deficit and there's no magical eating plan to change that. Some are genetically predisposed to storing more fat calories from a surplus in the diet, likely both a metabolism issue and how efficiently your body absorbs nutrients.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 pm 

5 non antibiotic & non steroid chicken breasts cost 8.99. Carton of eggs is free if you have chickens, or know someone that does. Catch fish to supplement, but 3 Ahi Tuna steaks is 5.99 & tilapia is cheap...Rice.

I fluctuate between 170-175 at 5' 10"...& active. Contrast that with my brother who eats like shit, doesn't exercise, is an inch taller & is 240.

Calories in & out is right. Calories aren't created equal so put the right ones in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm 

[color=#FF8000][/color]
SteelerChef wrote:
:lol:

I tend to fluctuate in the 275 to 350 range. Probably more like the 300 - 350 range...lolz

Im betting the triple century club here is larger than normal ....lolz

That's a big old shit you must take every 6 days, STD.

Hire a midwife too poop?

Last edited by VanWilder on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
5 non antibiotic & non steroid chicken breasts cost 8.99. Carton of eggs is free if you have chickens, or know someone that does. Catch fish to supplement, but 3 Ahi Tuna steaks is 5.99 & tilapia is cheap...Rice.

I fluctuate between 170-175 at 5' 10"...& active. Contrast that with my brother who eats like shit, doesn't exercise, is an inch taller & is 240.

Calories in & out is right. Calories aren't created equal so put the right ones in.

Please don't eat tilapia.....such a horrible farm raised fish.....if you do some research on tilapia you won't eat it again

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

Please don't eat tilapia.....such a horrible farm raised fish.....if you do some research on tilapia you won't eat it again

I catch them mostly. They're pretty abundant. I don't see the difference with farming fish & farming pigs either way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:40 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

I catch them mostly. They're pretty abundant. I don't see the difference with farming fish & farming pigs either way.

Where do you catch them? Where do you live?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next